Post YOUR Sedan here
By ghskid06
#213182 1995 civic ex sedan
1.6 D16z6
4 wheel disk brakes
SEDAN!!

...got the car wrecked, my current civic was stock and the bottom end was going bad. My plans were to do a swap, but then i found this car.

Here she is just after i got it home.

The core support up to the horns was bent over, at the very front of the car it was about 3 inches off. So, using a 4x4 Dodge on one end and a tree on the other, we were able to get it back into position.

Then of course, the clutch was slipping, something i had no real way of knowing until the car was drivable. While i had the tranny out i went ahead and painted it, as well as cleaned up the engine bay and did the valve cover as well...ill post a picture of that when i can.

Yes, to me its still worth the trouble, i gained a sunroof, and went from a D15b7 to a d16z6, not to mention the rear disk brakes (although the only real thing i couldnt swap over easily was the sunroof.

I do have updated picture, and i will upload them sometime soon. As for future plans, they include lowing the car, paint, and sometime next spring a turbo kit. I am currently on the lookout for bottom end parts. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look feel free to let me know. (I have another d16 block to build up). As for suggestions...im not looking for anything over 300 hp...so im sticking with the stock crank.

Thank you for looking, updates will come when i can.
Btw, i might be interested in trading for some 15inch tims and tires.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
By jayEGR
#213214 man love the four door looks great bro hope this build goes good gots alot of potential :thumb: :thumb:
By chrono404
#213224 nice handywork. :thumb:

New Sedan looks quite promising. I'm Jelous of your sunroof. :thumb:
By ghskid06
chrono404 Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice handywork.

New Sedan looks quite promising. I'm Jelous of your sunroof.

jayEGR Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man love the four door looks great bro hope this build goes good gots alot of potential

Thanks alot guys, good to hear things like that, also lol at the Jealous of my sunroof. Im jealous of the "trans roof"? Although it REALLY wouldnt look right on a sedan, lol.

Here are just a couple random pictures of the car put back together (Mostly) its black and blue. The front clip is blue as well as the back bumber, rest is black, which is the color i am keeping the car. I still plan to get some bay pictures and interior pictures on here when i can, although the interior is stock and i like it that way! But my goodness...it needs lowered...and im going to have to get lower profile tires for that...

(sorry the pictures are kinda crappy, they came from tiny pic because i dont have them on this computer. Will get more soon.)

and one of my old civic just before i got rid of it.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#213289 btw, i currently have about 900 dollars in the car, including the purchase price. I know thats something people often wonder, so there you have it.
By budek
#213352 Nice build up you got there bro :)

Challenging part is the moonroof installation. You need a good tinsmith to sort it out for you.
By ghskid06
budek wrote:Nice build up you got there bro :)

Challenging part is the moonroof installation. You need a good tinsmith to sort it out for you.

Thanks

Luckily i wont need to do any of that. Keeping the one that has the sunroof. The old car, which is the blue one, is already gone.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#213857 ***Small Update***

Taking the car to the shop later this week to have the front end finished up. Things arent lining up as well as id like after the frame work. Ill try and get some before and after pictures and post them up in a few days. I did what i could with what i had, now its time to let someone with a real frame puller do that last little bit. Unfortunately i dont have any oem headlights because they went with my old car. Id like to find some so that he lines my frame according to them and not the ebay lights on the car.

Also going to take my door panels off and glue the door fabric down because im tired of it being loose. Again, ill post some pictures of that probably at the end of the weekend as well as the engine bay.

Im also considering swapping my rims for some 16 inch ones but I really like the rims on it now, so well have to see how things go.

Sorry its taking me so long to post more pics, but they are coming.
By ghskid06
#213914 Here are some of the pics.
Still taking my car to the shop as well as doing some interior work over the weekend, so some pics will be coming of that.

Also i never told the story about the wreck the car was in. I only know because my cousin actually saw the wreck and pulled over to help the kid out. Poor guy. Basically he was exiting a highway and spun into a concrete barrier. The front drivers side of the car took the first blow (and he was actually turning left) and then the car spun around and took a minor hit on the rear passenger side. The damage to the front end took hold on the hood, fenders, and bumper cover, as well as the frame damage seen in my first post. The rear broke the tail light, little metal peice between the bumper cover and the light, the bumper cover and pushed the trunk in slightly. Basically i fixed the back to where a little bit of bondo will cover my hammer marks.

First off, here is my engine bay, all cleaned up and looking sexy!

Random night shots (i was testing my new camera)

(my friggin side skirt came off while i was going down the road today, i didnt even see it. Trip to the junkyard this weekend anyway)

Interior

And here are some shots of the damage that still needs to be fixed. Will be starting body work soon, but its going to be a long process because this is my DD.

Just pictures showing how high the dang thing is sitting. I am getting some fat fives and lowering springs soon.

Keep in mind that the blue stuff came off my old sedan, and that the oil residue on my back bumper is from the d15b7 that was going bad, not my new car or the d16z6.

Sorry my car is absolutely filthy in these, but ehh im about to do body work so you know i guess i just dont see the point in spending money on washing it.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jayEGR
#213938 bro that is one clean as motor you have there and ur engine bay is so fucking clean good find
By butta75
#213940 Wow nice vc paintjob, what simple things make a big difference. It looks like that car has seen a few paintjobs before, the red, black, and blue.
By ghskid06
butta75 Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 am Post subject:

Wow nice vc paintjob, what simple things make a big difference. It looks like that car has seen a few paintjobs before, the red, black, and blue.

Yea, the 92 was factory red and got painted that blue color (not very well). The black looks original to me..but did they come in black in 95?

jayEGR Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:20 am Post subject:

bro that is one clean as motor you have there and ur engine bay is so fucking clean good find

Thanks man, always appreciate positive comments guys.

Took the car to get it washed today. Decided to go ahead and spend a few dollars to clean it up a little bit for some pictures.

These are the last pictures of the car before it goes to get its framework done. Kind of special to me :cry: (as it turns out they are not the last pictures, because the frame shop in town is lazy and sucks at keeping appointments).

Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By butta75
#214007 Im pretty sure they did, I think it was granada black or something
By ghskid06
#214706 These are not my cars, although the blue/black/red one is my old one. Since there were two of us and two cars we decided on saturday that each of us would tackle a different car. Me the red one, and my cousin the one that is going to look mostly black in the pictures w/ the black valve cover. He biulds/races hondas, so he thought he would have us compete to see who could pull their motor the fastest. I had the auto tranny of course......but i still beat him.

I know this isnt my car, but since pics are always fun to look at i figured id post this anyway. Besides, it used to be mine.

(lol notice the toyota hat he has on)

Sunday was rebiuld/paint day, starting with the black cars' engine bay.

Once again we each worked on our own motor.

All of the following pictures are just noe motor, which got a quick rebuild, the other one is going to be over the course of a couple weeks.

Best way to paint a honda tranny?
Hang it by a tree

Preparing the valve cover for paint

My second vc paintjob, the first being my own black one. No i did not pick this color, its not my motor, but it has grown on me since seeing it in the car. Everything else was painted by someone else, except the front face of the block (no i didnt spray the balancer and pullies).The oil pan looks like crap i know, its not getting dropped and painted until the next weekend on the after rebuild oil change.

Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chrono404
#214732 I was skiming over the posts and saw the d15b7. I was like "why the heck would be pull a z6 and a b7 in." Then I scrolled and reread and was like "Oh!"
:lol:

Nice Work. How long did it take you to pull the auto d15b7?