Post YOUR Sedan here
By 5LAM
#210429 Hi all [smilie=wave.gif]
I'm from Queensland, Australia, and this is my 92 EH9 Sedan.
It's a slow process, as I don't get much time to work on it, but this is what I've done so far.

I first got it Nov 09. It wasn't running, so I picked it up for $250. Turned out it was just the fuel pump relay (score!)

First thing I did was track down some all clear taillights. What a pain they are to find! I eventually got some though.

Chucked on a cheapo set of 17's, and stripped the crappy black paint off the bonnet. I figured I'd try something different, and just let it rust!

Made an extension for the shifter (rat-rod style), and added a 'dildo' gear knob, and Billet steering wheel.

Then I shaved the bootlid (trunk). Both the lights, and plate recess, badge, & the wing.

Next - EK front swap! Took me a while to gather all the parts, but I think it looks good. Noone really does this sort of thing in Aus.
Brand new rad support
Front pulled apart
Drlling the spot welds out
Old Rad support off!
Lining up the new front end, so I can start welding the rad support in.
Cut and shut the guards - EK corners grafted to the stock EG guards
Front end all in place
Guards done

And as it sits now. Got some chrome 17's for now, and had a mate do a little airbrushing down the sides.

plans for the future-
Tubbed front and rear, to lay out on Hydros, 18" Billets, paint, trim, stereo install.

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but if we were all the same things would be kinda boring!

:thumb:
By patlsherry
#210468 NO!!!!!!!....you didn't just do that!!!!!!....will it is your car, do as you please.....
By butta75
patlsherry wrote:NO!!!!!!!....you didn't just do that!!!!!!

He gone done did it. :facepalm:
By deschlong
#210483 Wow, this is like watching a train wreck.
By 5LAM
#210487 ???
By asianrob
#210500 are you doing all of your own body work? the quality looks really good. are you planning on doing the rat rod style?
By berg89
#210513 Dont let ppl's negative thoughts get to you mate. What kind of stereo you planning to use? And great work on the front end.
By 5LAM
#210558 So it's because I did a front end swap? Well judging by that thread there are a lot of people that do it. I don't see whats so wrong about it if its done right.

Yes I do all my own body work, and will be doing all the tub work and modifications to install the hydros, including a tube pump/battery rack.
I'm not going for the rat look. Eventually it will be painted 2 tone with more airbrushing, but I have a lot of bodywork to go yet.

I'm not sure about stereo yet. See what happens, but I go alright with fibreglass too, so a boot install is definately on the cards.

Thanks for the positive comments.
By asianrob
5LAM wrote:So it's because I did a front end swap? Well judging by that thread there are a lot of people that do it. I don't see whats so wrong about it if its done right.

Yes I do all my own body work, and will be doing all the tub work and modifications to install the hydros, including a tube pump/battery rack.
I'm not going for the rat look. Eventually it will be painted 2 tone with more airbrushing, but I have a lot of bodywork to go yet.

I'm not sure about stereo yet. See what happens, but I go alright with fibreglass too, so a boot install is definately on the cards.

Thanks for the positive comments.

nice! are you still going to have back seats if you tub it?
By budek
#210791 Though I'm lovin the shift knob mate! :D

Nice build!
By 5LAM
asianrob wrote:nice! are you still going to have back seats if you tub it?

Yes, I hope so! I will just have to re-shape the sides of the backrest, and maybe the seatbase a little.
Hardest part really is relocating the fuel filler.
I plan on putting it in behind the LH Taillight.