Post YOUR Sedan here
By NewEgRyder
#359760 So I last night bought a 92 Honda Civic Sedan. As you can see before I had a red LX which I sold a little over two years ago because I needed the money. A lot has changed in these last couple of years. I've went from the south to west coast, and I went from needed money to financial comfortable. So it's time to play, this is not my daily driver so it's really going down. I was going to buy a shell but I got a run car for a shell price so I jumped on it. It's a project I can fix, drive, and stack part until it's engine swap time. #EG8IsBack :woot: :woot:
By eg8civicJA
NewEgRyder wrote:So I last night bought a 92 Honda Civic Sedan. As you can see before I had a red LX which I sold a little over two years ago because I needed the money. A lot has changed in these last couple of years. I've went from the south to west coast, and I went from needed money to financial comfortable. So it's time to play, this is not my daily driver so it's really going down. I was going to buy a shell but I got a run car for a shell price so I jumped on it. It's a project I can fix, drive, and stack part until it's engine swap time. #EG8IsBack :woot: :woot:

nice... welcome back to the club :thumb:

any pics of the new project?
By TrailerTrash
#360990 aw yeah man! Opel green is the color name right?

what engine did you buy?
By NewEgRyder
#360991 Yeah that's the color name. After going back and forth with which setup I wanted to run I finally chose a H23 Dohc Vtec. Transmission is up next.
By EconoBox
#361033 Can't wait to see it together!

Some advice from a previous EG sedan with an H22 swap owner:
Stick to the H transmission. There is now support for rebuilding them unlike back in the day. They also offer replacement final drives and LSD parts; which they lacked support for before causing people to invent the H2B swap and H2D. I ran the H22 transmisison (I believe it was an M2A4 with a LSD) in my old H22 swap using the following setup and its amazing. With the Hasport mount kit I cleared the hood without having to cut anything and never had any issues.

This bracket:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/f-h-series-transmission-to-k-series-shifter-cable-conversion-bracket.html

Set of stock RSX shifter cables or you can buy fancy hybrid-racing ones

And this shifter:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/hybrid-racing-k-swap-bolt-in-short-shifter.html
By NewEgRyder
EconoBox wrote:Can't wait to see it together!

Some advice from a previous EG sedan with an H22 swap owner:
Stick to the H transmission. There is now support for rebuilding them unlike back in the day. They also offer replacement final drives and LSD parts; which they lacked support for before causing people to invent the H2B swap and H2D. I ran the H22 transmisison (I believe it was an M2A4 with a LSD) in my old H22 swap using the following setup and its amazing. With the Hasport mount kit I cleared the hood without having to cut anything and never had any issues.

This bracket:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/f-h-series-transmission-to-k-series-shifter-cable-conversion-bracket.html

Set of stock RSX shifter cables or you can buy fancy hybrid-racing ones

And this shifter:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/hybrid-racing-k-swap-bolt-in-short-shifter.html

I was going to go h2b, because of the shitty gear ratio and gear box of the H trans but if there away around it I'm interested. You seem to know more about this then I do, so please tell me more about full H setup? I know I can get my hands on a trans from HMO very quickly.
By EconoBox
#361074 I'm a fan of keeping it as simple as possible. Which meant using the H22 transmission with the H22 engine. Never have to worry about finding that special conversion flywheel or needing to know which axles or clutch kit is ok to use.

The H2B and H2D swaps came along because people wanted transmissions they could easily get parts to modify for their drag cars. The D and B series transmission are a dime a dozen and having been around so long they were the only transmissions that parts were readily available for. Aftermarket LSDs, Shorter final drives, replacement gear sets, etc... The H22 now has those parts available from places like MFactory and Synchrotech so there is no reason to complicate your setup with a conversion kit. Which you'll see many of the companies that make them offer very limited support.

And finally...
If you compare an H22 M2A4 transmission to a JDM S80 ITR transmission you'll be surprised by what you see.

H22 M2A4 ratios
1st: 3.307
2nd: 1.950
3rd: 1.360
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.787
Reverse: 3.000
Final: 4.266

JDM ITR S80
1st: 3.230
2nd: 2.105
3rd: 1.458
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.787
Reverse: 3.000
Final: 4.785

The H22 transmission is basically the same just with an LS 2nd and 3rd gear and an LS final drive. With the extra torque and horsepower from the bigger engine traction is enough of an issue without shortening the gears any. However you can buy final drive gear sets fairly cheap to actually be equal to that ITR transmission. Actually they are so cheap they cost less than a quality H2B mount kit.

Case and point: MFactory Final drive kit (I think they offer a 4.64 and 5.15 final drive option) $599.95
http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/MFactory-Honda-Prelude-H22-464-Final-Drive-Gear-Set-MF-TRS-02H46.htm

Evolution Industries H2B kit with motor mounts: $1299
http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p4075_Evolution_H2B_EG_EK_DC2.html

So for the price of an ITR transmission (only B worth buying for the swap) and the H2B kit you could buy an H22 transmission, final drive, and LSD and have all the benefits of using the matching transmission and engine combo. The H22 on Hasport mounts clears the hood, fits the engine bay, and you know you can walk into the autoparts store and say I need a flywheel and clutch for a 99 prelude and have all the right parts without waiting a week to have them ship from somewhere.

If you have more questions like how to do the swap, what mounts, how it fits, how it drives, ECU, wiring, axles. I'd be more than happy to answer them. I'm just a big advocate of keeping it simple and the hardest part of dropping in an H22/F22 swap is using a $7 spot weld drill bit from Harbor Freight to remove the passenger side motor mount bracket.
By EconoBox
#361075 Also no one made bolt in shifters for the H22 back in the day so people used accord and prelude shifters and had to cut big holes in the floor and/or sacrifice the center console. With the Hybrid-Racing shifter that became a thing of the past. There is no need to mutilate your car beyond repair to use the cable shifter. I've owned D,B,H and K cars and the Hybrid-Racing shifter is amazing, literally my favorite setup I've ever had and I've owned a lot of EGs and other Hondas (I've had Skunk2 B series Shifters, Ktuned Bseries short shifter, B&M straight shifter for B series, and the Hybrid K swap shifter, and Hybrid RSX shifter). I really really really wish they would make one to replace the crap in my TSX.
By NewEgRyder
EconoBox wrote:Also no one made bolt in shifters for the H22 back in the day so people used accord and prelude shifters and had to cut big holes in the floor and/or sacrifice the center console. With the Hybrid-Racing shifter that became a thing of the past. There is no need to mutilate your car beyond repair to use the cable shifter. I've owned D,B,H and K cars and the Hybrid-Racing shifter is amazing, literally my favorite setup I've ever had and I've owned a lot of EGs and other Hondas (I've had Skunk2 B series Shifters, Ktuned Bseries short shifter, B&M straight shifter for B series, and the Hybrid K swap shifter, and Hybrid RSX shifter). I really really really wish they would make one to replace the crap in my TSX.

Thanks for all the knowledge. That helped a whole lot brother. I am confused about axles if I have to go with swap axles or if there are OEM ones that will work. I don't want to have any binding issues. Also what do you think about the T2T4 and the T2W4 transmission?