Post YOUR Sedan here
By 92hatchie
#240160 go poormans type r.. use a gsr block n b16 head type r internals n lsd u would be quick.. thas wat im planning on building i already got a gsr block n b16 head jus need internals
By chrono404
#240180 Its good to see you going with a k24 swap, The "Type-R" Engines are way overrated anyways. For the money inbewteen owning a B18c5 and a b18c1 you can make your b18c1(GSR/SIR-G) faster then the B18c5(Type-R). They are a good engine, dont get me wrong, however way over hyped.

Going with a K24 will be less money the a B18C Type-R Swap and be faster. Not to mention running Hondas much newer and improved Engines. Cant laugh at 160hp and 160tq from a Stock engine. Not to mention the gains from just Bolt-ons. You will have a Very Very Fun car with a K24a4.

One thing of note with the K24a4 is becouse of its pistons, you cant swap for the Performance VTEC K20/K24a2 Head with out swapping out pistons. Thats why the are cheaper everywhere then the K24a1 where it will accept the K20/K24a2 Performance vtec head.

I'm looking forward to seeing this build alot more now. :thumb: :thumb:
By 92hatchie
#240182 yea i agree type r'sare way overrated..
By goblin
chrono404 wrote:Its good to see you going with a k24 swap, The "Type-R" Engines are way overrated anyways. For the money inbewteen owning a B18c5 and a b18c1 you can make your b18c1(GSR/SIR-G) faster then the B18c5(Type-R). They are a good engine, dont get me wrong, however way over hyped.

Going with a K24 will be less money the a B18C Type-R Swap and be faster. Not to mention running Hondas much newer and improved Engines. Cant laugh at 160hp and 160tq from a Stock engine. Not to mention the gains from just Bolt-ons. You will have a Very Very Fun car with a K24a4.

One thing of note with the K24a4 is becouse of its pistons, you cant swap for the Performance VTEC K20/K24a2 Head with out swapping out pistons. Thats why the are cheaper everywhere then the K24a1 where it will accept the K20/K24a2 Performance vtec head.

tell me more about the K24a4 potential..

what the trend/mods over there involving b18 gsr. type r head swap? port and polish?
By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:I say k series is over rated go with j series insted :hehe: :hehe: :thumb: :thumb:

Thats okay for people who Rock EK's

The rest of us who dont have EK's but have a Delsol, EG, or DC wont be able to close our Hoods.

Their isn't enough Tuning Support for the J's, I dont think the will be that big of support form them as well as their are not enough manual transmissions around for them to become big enough to manage to get front page support. Look at the Neglect for the H Series compared to B's. The H22 gave more power, and overall In my opinion a better engine to a b16 or b18c. However since B's are much more populer they have a huge aftermarket following. This is Why K's are the way to go, You will have a huge support of parts, which will drop down prices. J's are like the new H Series. It will always be in the shadow of the K Series, Just like the H was to the B.

Lets not Jack this thread with what engine is best and whats over rated and what isn't. NewEgRyder wants to Rock a K24a4, Thats a good and solid choice and even more important. Its his choice. Its his car, He can do whatever he wants with it.
By NewEgRyder
chrono404 wrote:Its good to see you going with a k24 swap, The "Type-R" Engines are way overrated anyways. For the money inbewteen owning a B18c5 and a b18c1 you can make your b18c1(GSR/SIR-G) faster then the B18c5(Type-R). They are a good engine, dont get me wrong, however way over hyped.

Yeah I wanted to do something a little different, I always wanted a K swap mainly for reliability. I also wanted to be fast & realized after doing alot of homework that a k24 was best for me. The k24a4 would give me the power I'm looking for & at a not to bad price. I don't think I'm going to do a head swap for vtec, if I do its not going to be soon I'm going to enjoy that 2.4 litters of power lmao. It also made more since for me because I plan on drag racing this car....But thanks for the input I was wondering why the a4 was cheaper then the a1. I'm going to be getting started on this project real soon :thumb:
Last edited by NewEgRyder on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NewEgRyder
{ikon}EM1 wrote:I say k series is over rated go with j series insted :hehe: :hehe: :thumb: :thumb:

Trust me I thought about it, but not enough support for j series engines witch would suck for me because I'm going to race this car.
Plus I like my hood having to cut a big ass hole in my hood is just not my style. :lol:
By NewEgRyder
408eg6 wrote:go poormans type r.. use a gsr block n b16 head type r internals n lsd u would be quick.. thas wat im planning on building i already got a gsr block n b16 head jus need internals

I don't think poormans type r going to give me the power I want in my 4door...I wanted to do something a little different.....I'm big on being different so this was the best choice for me...but good luck on your project man...let me know how its goes :thumb:
By NewEgRyder
#257877 Fuck!!! Its been min since I've been on here...alot has happened since I've been gone...I've moved,had surgery and even managed to pick up a swap...its not the k24a4 that I was hoping to get but with my motor now gone RIP I ran across a deal I couldn't let go...

What I Pick up...

B18b Motor 137,xxx miles on the motor but its been fully rebuilt
GSR Transmission
ECU
Engine Harness
B-series Axles,Half Shaft,Shift Linkage & All Motor Mounts

AFTER MARKET PARTS INCLUDED

AEM Fuel Rail
After market Intake
And a stage 3 clutch

Now the reason I couldn't past this up is he want $700 for it but I talk him down to $500 for a full swap....So the plans changed again of well maybe I'll still do a k24a4 swap in the future....thats it for now ....Peace
By That One Dude
#257896 $500 for a full B18B swap is stupid low. I sold a full LS swap with LS trans for $800 a few years ago, and the guy thought it was a hell of a deal...

Yay for B-series!

Now if you want to go turbo LS and build a spare engine, I have a B18A1 block, B18B1 crank, and 1997 B18B1 head for cheap if you want them. :)
By NewEgRyder
That One Dude wrote:$500 for a full B18B swap is stupid low. I sold a full LS swap with LS trans for $800 a few years ago, and the guy thought it was a hell of a deal...

Yay for B-series!

Now if you want to go turbo LS and build a spare engine, I have a B18A1 block, B18B1 crank, and 1997 B18B1 head for cheap if you want them. :)

My plan is to go N/A with the civic....If I went K I might turbo....but with this motor if anything...I might go built Ls Vtec...But real talk thanks anyway man :thumb:
By Honda4life
#259856 there isnt anything wrong with a bseries motor and you can still be different because you've chosen a platform that most people dont choose. Personally i dont see to many sedans with swaps. Another choice would be to get a h22 because it has power and torque and its half the price of a kswap. You got a gsr swap for cheap. Thats crazy low
By NewEgRyder
Honda4life wrote:there isnt anything wrong with a bseries motor and you can still be different because you've chosen a platform that most people dont choose. Personally i dont see to many sedans with swaps. Another choice would be to get a h22 because it has power and torque and its half the price of a kswap. You got a gsr swap for cheap. Thats crazy low

I wish it was a gsr swap...its a Ls swap with a gsr trans...not the best but pretty cool