Post YOUR Sedan here
By EconoBox
#361077 Honestly I never got to into researching the transmissions. I know that some of the factory LSD transmissions won't fit aftermarket final drives. I would look in to gear ratios and what has good parts compatibility should you want to upgrade it in the future.

I can tell you how to make axles that work out of OEM axles (or auto parts axles) but in all honesty the Hasport axles and their mount kit ordered together should give you zero issues or binding unless you have your car slammed to the ground.
By NewEgRyder
EconoBox wrote:Honestly I never got to into researching the transmissions. I know that some of the factory LSD transmissions won't fit aftermarket final drives. I would look in to gear ratios and what has good parts compatibility should you want to upgrade it in the future.

I can tell you how to make axles that work out of OEM axles (or auto parts axles) but in all honesty the Hasport axles and their mount kit ordered together should give you zero issues or binding unless you have your car slammed to the ground.

T2W4 (LSD) Transmission Ratio
1st 3.285
2nd 2.090
3rd 1.481
4th 1.071
5th 0.812
Final Drive: 4.266

Yeah, I'm not slamming my car it's going to be functionally low. I'm building the car for VTec Club/Track Days.
By NewEgRyder
#361080 Also, wiring for simplicity I want to stay OBD1 any ideas on getting a engine harness? I like rywire but don't want to dish out $600 for one.
By EconoBox
#361081 I used a D16Z6 engine harness with my H22 swap. I deleted the secondary butterflies on the intake manifold and with the JDM motors you have a distributor with the internal coil so there is no crazy wiring there just an adapter from Rywire if you have an OBD2 engine. You will have to splice and extend the charge harnes out to the alternator since it runs over the valve cover and to the front of the engine but i believe that was the extent of the modifications i had to do to install it. I may have unloomed the fuel injector wires and IACV to have some more slack running them but I don't remember having to do very much to make it work.
By NewEgRyder
EconoBox wrote:I used a D16Z6 engine harness with my H22 swap. I deleted the secondary butterflies on the intake manifold and with the JDM motors you have a distributor with the internal coil so there is no crazy wiring there just an adapter from Rywire if you have an OBD2 engine. You will have to splice and extend the charge harnes out to the alternator since it runs over the valve cover and to the front of the engine but i believe that was the extent of the modifications i had to do to install it. I may have unloomed the fuel injector wires and IACV to have some more slack running them but I don't remember having to do very much to make it work.

Dope. Well time to buy more parts. I think I'm just going to run with the T2W4 transmission and if the gear ratio seems a little to long I'll just keep adding hp until it doesn't. lmao :woot: