Post YOUR Sedan here
By 92egdxhatch
#174608 looks like a nice project. hopefully your engine comes together soon.
By breez
#174736 Hell yea I cant wait to get it into the car already but I have been patient
this long so I could wait a little bit longer :D . Thx for the comments and support ppl ! :woot:
By breez
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Paint the whole car :thumb: even if its spray paint, one solid shade/color is better than fades!

Yea I can agree with that gonna try to do it soon tho dont know if Im going to do it the same color tho :? .
By breez
#174984 Got the rest of the bottom end together today. While in the progress the mail man approached me with my adj. cam gear :D .

I will post more pics of my progress hopefully later tomorrow .
By DuhQbnSiLo
breez wrote:
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Paint the whole car :thumb: even if its spray paint, one solid shade/color is better than fades!

Yea I can agree with that gonna try to do it soon tho dont know if Im going to do it the same color tho :? .

Well if your going to spray paint it, use a simple color, I'm going black soon :thumb:
By breez
Well if your going to spray paint it, use a simple color, I'm going black soon

I was thinking of going black too just simple and sleek :hehe: ..

On another note got some pics of the progress head is torqued down timing belt is on and I just need a valve cover gasket set and I will drop her in :thumb: . I painted my block to match all the other fresh engine parts :D .

After
By breez
#175636 Where else besides a junkyard can I find head studs for the Z6 so I can tighten the valve cover ? :?
By Classiccarsrule85
breez wrote:Where else besides a junkyard can I find head studs for the Z6 so I can tighten the valve cover ? :?

??? head studs are for the head lol you want valve cover studs maybe or valve cover bolts in your case.....

Your gonna need to use valve cover bolts since thats really all i know you can use i mean you can try and make a custom set-up where its a stud up from the head and a nut on top holding the v/c down but ive never seen it done on a z6....

looking good tho
By breez
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
breez wrote:Where else besides a junkyard can I find head studs for the Z6 so I can tighten the valve cover ? :?

??? head studs are for the head lol you want valve cover studs maybe or valve cover bolts in your case.....

Your gonna need to use valve cover bolts since thats really all i know you can use i mean you can try and make a custom set-up where its a stud up from the head and a nut on top holding the v/c down but ive never seen it done on a z6....

looking good tho

^thanks
So it is just a bolt then ? because I thought it had studs on top of the head like other D's . :? So your saying it is just a bolt :lol: .
By breez
#175677 I just found three bolts I still need the long ones in the back tho .
By breez
#176222 Gotsum gay ass bolts for the valve cover and today I'm going to get my ecu chipped so the motor should be in soon :thumb: . I totally forgot I had a zc with head studs :lol: that I painted teal.
By breez
#176717 Started the fresh motor today but it idled rough and threw a cel that
read #21 and 22.
What else can make it idle rough like that ? Is it the timing :? .
Also the #4 cylinder isnt firing what can cause this ? :x
Wasnt firing because the injector was bad.
Last edited by breez on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By breez
#177886 Got it running ! :thumb: Sounds like a beast :twisted: .
1.The timing was off and the belt was way too loose.
2.Needed valve lash clearance
3.Fuel injectors top o-rings :x
4.P06 converted to p28 spec street tune
Last thing to do is get my wire harness integrated with the vtec plugs :thumb: . So I could break it in the right way.
More updates soon!