Post YOUR Sedan here
By eg84dr
#173267 new build specs!
as many of you know i love the jdm d15b motor
i have decided to rebuild it with z6 pistons and rods this will yield a 10.59 to 1 cr wich isnt super high but a good start and with some head work and bolt ons it will be a fun little ripper motor
soo today/ yesterday i dropped my motor out the bottom just as teal_dx did in his DIY
super easy i did it all by myself and it took roughly 4 hours at a moderate pace with no air tools
heres some pics :woot:
all ready to start working in my tight workshop/barn
what i did was jack the car up and unbolt everything except the passenger side and driver side mount then lower it down untill the engine was resting on the little cart i made and unbolt the mounts and then jack the car back up and roll the motor out and bam done
:thumb: :thumb:
:hehe:
By breez
#173559 nice nice Keep up the good work :thumb: . And damn is it cold out there ?
By eg84dr
#173561 yeah its about 20-30 out
not horrible i generally close the barn door to keep the wind out
but for example my car has been inside for three days now and there is still snow on the window :thumb:
gotta love the east coast
By eg84dr
#173608 update
i change my mind alot about my motor build
but this is my latest thought since you cant use any pistons in the d15b as D-Mon pointed out
i will be using an older z6 block with z6 rods or the d15b rods wichever look better along with some p29 pistons and new rings bearings and complete rebuilt head with mild port and polish and the d15b head i will have a compression ratio of 12.05 to 1 wich is just about perfect
im hoping to get anywhere around 150whp im expecting 130 whp but if more than ill be stoked along with possibly a 50 shot of nos this will be a fun eg8 along with some lioghtweight parts and a fully gutted interior it should be pretty quick for an na 1.6
if i change my mind again someone please bitch at me :thumb: :thumb:
By breez
#173773 ok cant wait to see the pics ! What made you change your mind the craving for more power :twisted:?
By eg84dr
#173833 yeah and i love high compression motors well really just honda high compression builds
i wopnt be getting parts for a little bit but i will be doing misc things to my car in the mean time
possible wire tuck not sure yet
i will most likley just rewire the entire engine bay for conveience and clean it up a bit
im thinking about painting thew engine bay green like dark forest green?
By breez
#173836 Handle it then that would be sick . :woot:
By 1updelsol
#173875 lookin good!.. keep us updated!!
i think imma start rebuilding that black i have in my backyard :hehe:
By eg84dr
#174244 updates! :thumb:
got me a few goodies today :thumb:
traded my turbo manifold for a obx cam gear and a vtec controller
heres a few pics
im planning on using the vtec controller just to change when vtec kicks in and its got a cool little lcd tach :thumb:
By Coplies
#174586 your build is coming along nicely bro
By eg84dr
#174735 made my self a radio delete cover today :thumb:
i found a sheet of fiberglass at the machine shop i work at and cut it to
the shape of the radio its too loose and i will be making another one
thid will be home to the vtec controller and a few switches for anti theft :thumb:
also thinking of getting these instead of the typical round guages