Post YOUR Sedan here
By chrono404
#152054 Sitting in my Driveway is my new 1992 Sonoma Red Pearl Civic Sedan DX.

I got the car and a whole bunch of parts and tires for $600 USD. I will do minor work to make it presentable. I.E. putting on blinkers and replacing parts that need to be. I plan on this being a Winter Car so I can finish my Blue Sedan build, As well as park my Nice EK during the bad Washington Winter Months.

Stuff wrong with car:
>- Needs new driver side fender
>- No Carpet
>- needs blinkers Will pick up from a pick a part junkyard.
>- Needs new exhaust(I have OEM Exhaust from my old Purple Coupe.
>- Needs a Muffler, Will get one from a pick a part junkyard.
>- No Radio
>- Needs a new climate control (have one)
>- Bunch of gay stickers on it that will be removed.
>- Speedomoter doesn't work. Need to replace VSS, Will barrow the one from my Blue Sedan until Spring.
>- Driver seat leans funny. Will swap out driver seat for my EK Seats planned on putting into my Blue Sedan.
>- Missing misc trim peaces.

Parts that came with the car:
>- JDM D15b non-vtec head
>- OBD1 D Series alt.
>- Chains
>- D15b7 intake mani
>- Carberated D Series Intake Mani (lol really? wtf?)
>- D Series Flywheel, Clutch and Pressure plate.
The guy also has other Honda stuff he wants to get rid of, Including carpet for the car, and other honda stuff that wouldn't fit into the car.

Pics as of 10/20/09:

Driver Side Fender. Its dented up and pushing whats left of the blinker down. I should be picking a new one up from the junkyard in the morning.
Driver side of engine bay, Seams straight. Only the fender is trashed.

"Engine is out of a Civic Si Hatch, Picked it up at fluid motorsports"
Its a D15b7. He has the guy got the hatch and swapped in an LS, or is the story he got. :lol:
Whatever the engine doesn't burn oil, leaks it, doesn't burn it though. :lol:

Besides the driver side fender and blinkers the body is in good shape. Front Core support looks good, Doesn't look like its been in a wreck. The guy said he went upto capital peak often, which part of the capital forest with lots of crushed gravel roads. I think he slid out on one of the corners.

The car came with a bunch of stickers on the windows. They are gone now.

Immediate Plans:
Get Driver Side fender
Get Blinkers
Get Civic Axle Back Exhaust.(have mid pipe, exhuast is shot)
Get speedomotor with a tach.
Get a VSS.
Get OEM Sedan Carpet
Get an alignment
Put matching rims on it. (probally stock 13" steelies that came on my Blue Sedan)

DontHateonEG8 wrote:get that son, we can start "Sonoma Red Pearl Sedans FTW!" group!!!

Sonoma Red Pearl Sedans FTW!
Last edited by chrono404 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Oregon's-own
#152059 looks like a major winter project but deff a good find!!!

can't wait to see this thing cleaned up!!
By Dippin_EG
#152064 awesome find for 600 beans. How many car you at now? 4? lol :thumb:
By asianrob
#152072 looks like a good start
By dawg316
#152140 nice pic up

4 door luv 8)
By Ajax1989
#152144 gezz another on.. wtf..lol jk

nice addition man!
so that 2 sedans 1 hatch and 1 teg
now its time to get a coupe again..lol
:thumb:
By chrono404
Dippin_EG wrote:awesome find for 600 beans. How many car you at now? 4? lol :thumb:

Indeed, However one sedan is not running atm.

94_jdm_ferio wrote:gezz another on.. wtf..lol jk

nice addition man!
so that 2 sedans 1 [EK] hatch and 1 teg
now its time to get a coupe again..lol
:thumb:

Correct. I Registered it today, Will have my title in the mail in 4-8weeks. I will be keeping this until my Sedan is Ready. I might keep it as a Back up car for the Family. Good Chance that I will sell it when my Blue sedan is ready though.

dawg316 wrote:nice pic up

4 door luv 8)

I LOVE EG Sedans. When I needed a Temporary car, I knew exactly what I wanted.

__

10/21 Progress.
I got a Rear Tail light for the Sedan. as well as a Instrument cluster. I also barrowed the VSS off my Blue Sedan, which is known to be good. I still have no speedomoter. I guess the cluster I bought at the junkyard was bad. >_>

My Junkyard had no Sedan blinkers or fenders. I will try anouther one for blinkers before I go online to get some. I will probally hammer the other fender into relative shape and spray it to match the rest of the car.

I should have the car getting an alignment soon, Its really really bad. :lol:

Once I get an alignment I will have all 4 wheels be the 13" DX Steelies that came on my Blue Sedan.
By EgCruiser
#152498 good luck fixing the sedan.. nice engine and color on that car
:)
By chrono404
#152788 Replaced the Midpipe of the Sedan, The old pipe as shown below had a Bad leak. The pipe was broken off before the flange for the axle back would bolt onto. I replaced it with my Old OEM Exhaust I had laying around from my EJ1 Coupe I had a while back. Still no axle back as I need to pick one up in a Junkyard.

Exhaust sounds much much deeper now. Also alot quiter. I kinda like it and am tempted to leave it as it is for a while. However will install an AXLE Back with OEM Muffler When I can get my hands on one.

Exhaust that came on the car:

OEM Exhaust off of my old EJ1 Coupe:

Got a Passenger Mirror from the Junkyard. I Cant imagine why someone would opt to not have one.

The car got a huge cleaning done recently, windex'd all the Windows, and got all the dirt/mud from inside of the car out. I got a new latch for the glove box and will be installing that soon.

It also got a full alignment and is sitting on my 13" OEM Rims that came on my Blue Sedan.
By dawg316
#152854 returning it to oem. nice , i always wanted to do a rebuild back to stock

I got a new latch for the glove box and will be installing that soon.

lol seems just like me. its not perfect untill everything works just right :thumb:
By chrono404
#154857 New Pics! Pictures are a different size becouse they where taken by new Palm Pre as opposed to the old picture that where taken with my old Black Berry Pearl.

Painted the Driver side fender, its a close color but off. In the light its much more obvous. I will probally be painting the car white once I get a replacement fender.

Car still has broken corner lights, and is on the 13" steelies that came on my BlueBerry Sedan.
I have the passenger mirror off a coupe. It doesn't line up perfectly however it works. This will be replaced with a Sedan one when I get my hands on one.

Radio! This is the Kenwood CD Player i got that came in my EK Hatch. I replaced that with a Dual Din 7" DVD Player. and decided to put the kenwood deck in the Daily Driver Winter Beater. May not be an awesome deck, however its better then nothing.

Also you can barely see the Glove box, however that is now back on and lines up perfectly.

My Ricer duplicolor painted doorpanels. With poor prep work and bad quality of work.

I have 3 door panels like this. Painted Black with white cranks, The 4th door is the OEM Grey, I guess the old owner ran out of Paint? Probally the same reason the speaker covers are still grey. I will probally respray all the door panels black so they all have even coats.

I got a whole bunch of trim parts from the orignal owner that I will be installing back into the car.

Should have more updates this weekend when I put more parts back on.