Post YOUR Sedan here
By thirdson
#139079 Well thought id go and make a log so i can keep track of my ride. Nothing to get excited about tho because it will be a really slow process due to funds and etc.

Now.
Bay:
D15B
AAP Imports intake manifold (like Skunk2)
K&N filter
NGK sparkplugs

Interior:
EG9 white cluster
Pioneer DEH-P6....IB

Exterior:
Mugen front lip
Projector headlights
LED backlights
EG9 front bumper
BSA 17" mags

Suspension:
EJ1 shocks and LCAs
Neuspeed Race Springs

Future mods:
Fit DTM coilovers or get Bilstein shocks
Get 15" lightweights (ce28n or te37s)
B18C, B18CR, B16A2 or D15B boosted
Get Recaros
Rear drum brakes to disks
Carbon bonnet
Last edited by thirdson on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Joplies
thirdson wrote:B18C, B18CR, B16A2 or D15B boosted

Turbo'ing a d15B is really not worth your time or effort. Turbo the B18C(recomended c5) if anything. Unless you just looking for a cheaper but yet still looks good and puts out some nice power then i would go with the b61a2.

But you have a great start man. Pics maybe? :thumb:
By teal_dx
Joplies wrote:Turbo'ing a d15B is really not worth your time or effort. Turbo the B18C(recomended c5) if anything. Unless you just looking for a cheaper but yet still looks good and puts out some nice power then i would go with the b61a2.

I have to disagree... the sohc D15B is a great motor to boost. SOHC's love some psi :wink:
Unless he was meaning to say D15B7 and does not have the JDM D15B. The D15b7 boosted is not worth shooting for any big numbers (over 160 whp) without some crucial tuning and even then the pencil thin rods will be counting their days. But the D15B is on par with the D16z6 :thumb:
By Joplies
teal_dx wrote:
Joplies wrote:Turbo'ing a d15B is really not worth your time or effort. Turbo the B18C(recomended c5) if anything. Unless you just looking for a cheaper but yet still looks good and puts out some nice power then i would go with the b61a2.

I have to disagree... the sohc D15B is a great motor to boost. SOHC's love some psi :wink:
Unless he was meaning to say D15B7 and does not have the JDM D15B. The D15b7 boosted is not worth shooting for any big numbers (over 160 whp) without some crucial tuning and even then the pencil thin rods will be counting their days. But the D15B is on par with the D16z6 :thumb:

I love a d16z6 boosted anyday :thumb: But i was thinking of the d15b7 lol idk why none of the others came into my mind...sad...but yeah listen to teal lol.
By thirdson
#139242 Yeah the engines a JDM D15B, RHD hehe Im pretty much stuck on what engine to get because here in NZ its hard to find a B16A2 thats in good condition and with my d15b, if im just going to get as much power as a type r engine, i might as well go straight to the b18cr.

But if i was to boost the d15, im going to have to do a little internal mods right? Im not really planning on running high boost, probably just 5-8 psi. Also another thing that makes me think is that the d15 may have too much mileage on it (180,xxx km) and its pretty much lost ALOT of power since i got it, back when it was on 150,xxx km. What do you guys think?

And anything i can do to get some power back while on NA with the d15? Except for internals

I am quite interested in boosting a honda tho.

To boost with 2nd hand parts = $1k+
b18c = $1k-3k
b18cr = $3k-6k
b16a2 = $500-1k
By thirdson
#139244 Prices are NZ $s and pics will come sometime this week..
By thirdson
#142341 Okay here are some pics of my ride.

[img][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb285/thirdson2408/qwer.jpg[/img]/img]

I have just bought a b16a2 complete engine and am quite pleased with it.

Here are some pics of the engine

Ive come up with a little thing tho. When i pulled off the spark plug leads, the end of the plugs seem to have a whole heap of oil in them except for one. What can i do to get the oil out of the spark plug cylinders?
By Apexracing
#142391 oil on top of the plugs isn't so bad, the valve cover has 4 round gaskets in it to seal the spark plug tubes off so oil doesn't get in there. you just need new gaskets my friend. nice car.
By thirdson
#142486 Thanks..Ill be getting a new valve cover gasket and a new vtec solenoid gasket from honda today so hopefully ill be getting them done by this week.

Only thing to do now is:
Do cambelt and waterpump change
Degrease engine
.......All i can think of right now.

Do you guys reckon i should deloom?
By Chance
#142489 Nice dude!
By Apexracing
thirdson wrote:
Do you guys reckon i should deloom?

only if you plan on doing a tuck on your bay, open wires every where looks messy, maybe replace it with new :thumb:
By thirdson
#142550 yeah i might deloom the bay. Im also planning to boost it so the delooming might make the bay look way nicer.

Im thinking of only changing the tb, v tec and valve cover gaskets so hope the engine will be okay with just those gasket changes.
By thirdson
#142963 Okay guys.. I have just pulled apart the TB and the intake manifold. What ive come across is that there is a thick film of oil on both the TB and mani.

Could this mean blown head gasket? And i have also seen that there is some oil mixed with the coolant where the coolant hose is on the left side of the manifold.

Ive cleaned both the TB and mani but need to know whats up with the oil.
By Apexracing
#143034 hows the coolant at the radiator?
By thirdson
#189953 Well sad news..car has just RIP'd. Here is the last of how she was.

And here she is with the end result

Insurance had taken her and payed me out so now looking for a chassis for my b16..