Post YOUR Sedan here
By EconoBox
#6909168 Well...

I missed owning an EG too much. I couldn't stay away. While I really enjoyed driving my 10th gen SI sedan the used car market is wild right now and I managed to sell my brand new car for a nice profit. And I went and scooped up this daily/project car.

I also had my first child in November so removing the car payment worked out great :lol:

Photos from the Facebook Marketplace listing:

The only "issue" the owner claimed the car had was a small coolant leak that he was unable to diagnose and occasional issues with the car starting.

So I went to take a look.
By EconoBox
#6909169 Of course it needed waaaaaay more, and right before I got there to look at the car he backed his boat trailer into the drivers fender and mirror. So I ended up getting the car for a few hundred less than we had talked about after looking everything over.

Dirty main ground on the thermostat housing.

Little rust spot on the passenger side roof. Starting to form some on the driver's side as well. Going to address this very soon. Need a glass guy to come pull the back window and a few hours with a TIG welder and a grinder I should be able to get it good as new.

Was hard to get a photo so I got a screen shot from a video I took. The water pump was dumping all the water out within minutes of filling the radiator up.

Found some change!

quality exhaust work

All of the suspension and brakes were shot as well.

Also has awful purple and peeling window tint, awful speakers... etc. Typical 25 year old car problems.
By EconoBox
#6909170 First things first... Lets replace that leaking water pump and might as well do a new timing belt, tensioner, and some fresh Honda genuine coolant and some new spark plugs and wires, car feels sluggish up to 4,000 rpms then wakes up.

and...
of course there had to be more issues than the leak... Head gasket was shot as well. Was not mixing coolant and oil but combustion gasses were leaking into the coolant and bubbling at the radiator. Found this issue while I was bleeding the system from the water pump repair.

So OFF with the head.

Also found I needed a new cap and rotor while taking everything apart
By EconoBox
#6909171 Head back fresh from the machine shop.
Installed genuine Honda valve stem seals, cleaned and decked the head, and performed a standard valve job.

I spent hours scrubbing the intake in my parts wash.

Cleaned the block the best I could as well it was filthy.

I know it may not seem like it but this is the easiest way to reinstall a cylinder head and the way Honda advises to do it in the shop manual. To fully pre-assemble everything before putting it on.

A quick valve adjustment and then installing the valve cover with a fresh coat of wrinkle black VHT.
By EconoBox
#6909172 Up next a little suspension upgrade.

This is my daily and from previous experience a great budget product for street use has been these TruHart coilovers. For the price you can't really go wrong. And they have replacement shocks available for around $70 each. I may upgrade down the line but these have been great for daily driving. Also installed TruHart camber kits front and rear.

The loose and worn out shift linkage joint. This makes the shifter feel very sloppy. So I replaced it with bronze bushings. I was able to find some hardware at my local ACE hardware that was an almost perfect fit. Took a little massaging with my press.

I also installed a nice set of speakers, a small 10" subwoofer, and a nice 4 channel amplifier for all the component speakers. Makes a nice difference on a daily driver.
And I've had these OEM Civic accessory tweeters for the sedan sitting brand new in the box for probably going on 10 years and finally decided I'd use them. I didn't want to use the 25 year old speakers in them so I installed my Alpine component tweeters in them and they fit perfect.
original Honda template
By EconoBox
#6909176 Got some new wheels
16" RPF1s

Still need to roll the fenders so I can take out some of the camber but I love them. Picked up a new fender roller off of amazon. And some new lug nuts.

And some aluminum hub centric rings
By EconoBox
#6909177 Well this next upgrade is kind of an ad for myself but it was much needed.

I removed all the original ground wires that were corroded and old and cleaned all of the ground locations. And installed one of my EG/DC ground kits.

Before:

After: