Post YOUR Sedan here
By Jay_93Civic
#6909139 This is my 93 Civic I bought for only 700$. Trying to debate if I wanna do a mini me swap or b18 or H swap any suggestions or pointers would be great! Thanks! :D
Attachments
FB_IMG_1630283179054~2.jpg
By EconoBox
#6909156 I apologize ahead of time for my looooooooong reply, but I hope it helps answer your question. FYI I've been driving EGs and nothing but Hondas since I got my license. And have 12 years at a Honda dealership. I've owned EGs with D15b7, D16z6, H22, B20, GSR, B20/VTEC and K swaps so I have seen the pros and cons of all of them.

Honestly, I know the initial cost can seem like a lot more but with parts availability something like a K20a3 or Element/Accord K24 with an accord 5 speed is a great swap option to consider. For long term cost of ownership the maintenance parts for a K series are significantly easier to find vs. the distributor components and OBD1 ECU parts. With a little bit of research you can go K swapped for around $3000. And you can look to KTuner as the less expensive option for the ECU along with their recommended harness choices. In some cases you can even use a stock ECU with an immobilizer delete chip. There are also options from Hybrid-Racing and other companies to add air conditioning and power steering as well.

However if you are set on the options you listed...

- mini-me is a complete waste of money IMHO

-B series for a daily driver would be my choice from this list solely for CURRENT parts availability. It is a popular enough engine that you can get parts at almost any auto parts store if you have an issue. Aftermarket distributors(ignition) suck and OEM ones if still available have gotten incredibly expensive. Like my above recommendation for the K mentions these parts are getting older and will become less common and more expensive as the platform ages. Also with B series your cost for the initial swap are lower than other options. If your car is already a manual transmission you can re-use your mounts, engine harness, and ECU. You'll be able to have your ECU sent out to someone like phearable.net and have it chipped they can even add VTEC functionality and with a small sub-harness you can add VTEC to your current engine harness.

-H series, quite possible my favorite swap from this list but having owned several I don't recommend them for a daily driver. Being a less common option anytime there was an issue I had to wait a days for parts. AXLES will be your biggest issue. If you run the hard to find distributor with an internal coil they have less issues. If you do go this route don't waste your money on H2B stay all H series. Hybrid-racing also sells an adapter that allows you to use their no-cut K series shifter and RSX shifter cables with this to keep your interior and avoid the terrible cable shifter that most people use for this swap. Also balance shaft delete is a must as is an aftermarket intake manifold and larger throttle body it really wakes these engines up. FYI THESE MOTORS LOVE NITROUS :lol: