Post YOUR Coupe here
By sandycheeks
#68185 Hi to all, been browsing this forum for a while now but have not posted yet!! Gotta say very impressed with the quality of cars you guys have. so I thought I would share my coupe with you guys from the start to now......

Here she is when she started out in life bought her for £2000 in 2005 was cheap back then!! With 72000 miles on the clock and full service history, bonus!

First mod I did was get some 17" bk alloys bit of a regret in the end grew to dislike them a lot

Had to get a new exhaust coz mine started blowing so invested in a supersprint cat back system nice sound not too loud but loud enough.

Not much changed for a while till I got the jdm/usdm bug mainly from websites and decided to smooth my front bumper cut the vent out and relocate the front numberplate, smoothed the numberplate holes and after that decided to take it to the bodyshop to get it resprayed, same colour tho!! Also got amber corners. :)

(note the tractor look!!) :O

Then I realised the door handles were a bit tatty after the respray so found some carbon (look) handles from ebay, and at the same time got some German wind deflectors.

Then it was getting close to japfest. Really didn’t like the wheels so got some black rota gt3s 16" looked much better but made it look even higher

Heres some pics of my car at japfest with the high riser look, mmm lovely!!

and some after, spent 3 hours cleaning it thought i would make the most of it!!

After that not much happened, till I got some money!! And decided to bus some flat side repeaters

then got some vented and drilled frond discs and mintex pads.

(before)

(after)

then bought a mugen style front lip and hks panel filter and some stickers!!

the lip made a massive difference visually made the front bumper not look so high and links in with the sideskirts, much better. hks panel filter is brilliant instant change better throttle response and runs much better now.

Thought it was finnaly time to get it lowered, so got some Ohlins dc2 shocks and rear lcas from ebay (bargain)

And got a new rear number plate surround...

And heres a few recent whoring pics......

Hope you guys like, will keep this updated!!
Last edited by sandycheeks on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sandycheeks
#68249 thanks for your comment!! went off 17's after my first set, handles much better with 16's. yeah did look like a tractor before didnt look too good!! :thumbdown:
By JonnyEj2
#68259 very very nice gotta love the rotas and i love that color of your car too...how is the engine going for ya?
By sandycheeks
#68267 thanks, finnaly getting there after choosing a direction to go! the engines ok nothing great but nippy for a 1.5 faster than a few 2.0 focuses! would love to drop a bseries but the way car tax is going in england and insurance costs i dont think its too viable at the mo! may do in the future to or put a vtec 1.5i?? see what the future holds.....
By sandycheeks
#81995 not much of an update been doing a few bits nothing massive or exciting unfortunatley, dont have the money! got some del sol mudflaps for winter get a bit annoyed with all the road shite sprayed over the sides of my car. when i got them they were very tatty, faded, and had silver spray paint in places, so time for a refurb....

heres how i got them,

primered,

satin black, (finished)

fitted,

while fitting the flaps came across a bit of rust appearing near the wheelarch :mad: so did a bit of investigation and poking with a screwdriver, was a hole in the arch size of a 10p and had all this built up mud collected on the top of my sideskirt,

so a bit of diy, hammerite rust beater primer,

fiberglass filler on top of plate,

hammerite black paint,

only temporary untill the summer when i can have a better look at it.

decided to spray my standard handles when i was doing the flaps wantd a change from the old ones,

standard,

painted,

fitted and how she stands at the moment prepped for the winter :D (plus winter wheels gash i know but god fun in the snow and dont worry about kerbs anymore)

Last edited by sandycheeks on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GoRide
#82009 Looks awesome man! keep it up!
By sandycheeks
#82193 thanks for your comment getting there slowly, hopefully will have more progress after the winter. may get coilovers and maybe a rear lip and new backbox...... we shall see :D
By ej2rey
#82198 Clean coupe brotha. Great progress.

I still gotta say I envy you europeans and your rear powered antennas man! I want one so bad. :(
By chrono404
ej2rey wrote:I still gotta say I envy you europeans and your rear powered antennas man! I want one so bad. :(

x2

Clean Coupe, Love the Color and the Honda Center caps :thumb:
By ej2rey
#82204 Holy crap! I didn't notice this till now but what happen to the GT3'S???
sandycheeks wrote:Image
By smokinsoljah420
sandycheeks wrote:fitted and how she stands at the moment prepped for the winter :D (plus winter wheels gash i know but god fun in the snow and dont worry about kerbs anymore)

:lol: :lol:
winter wheels! but anyways! Sweet friggen teal coupe! keep it up and welcome to the site![/quote]
By sandycheeks
ej2rey wrote:Clean coupe brotha. Great progress.

I still gotta say I envy you europeans and your rear powered antennas man! I want one so bad. :(

yeah they are cool and useful, every other car ive had with normal antennas have been snapped off!!
By sandycheeks
#82549 thanks for all the comments as for the rotas nothings happened to them they are in my shed waxed and polished waiting for the summer, too much road salt used round my way doesnt do too much good for wheels :x