Post YOUR Coupe here
By CivicTypeR
#43775 Ok, thought it was time to start a 'Build Thread' for my Civic Coupe. When I purchased it, it had 34K on the clock.
The bodywork was in pretty decent condition with the odd spot of rust here and there, but unforchantly, as some
may know I had a car accident in my EJ2, smashing up the front end...

So I've recently got to work fixing it, bought a new front end (radiator front panel).

Then it got fitted, spent the hole day with a hammer and chisel banging
away at the old one, eventually getting it off. Alined up the new one for
a test fit, then I welded it on...

Test fit of new bumper...

Tomorrow I'm putting on the passengers side wing, as it's in the mail and should be here.
Last edited by CivicTypeR on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By CivicTypeR
#43776 So the new passengers side wing came, I got that on today, luckly it was an official Honda part so it fitted like a glove...

It's starting to get it's looks back :lol: :thumb:
By CivicTypeR
#43777 Oh, and then the 2nd wing showed up today :lol: so got that on too, it wasn't brand new I got this one from a used Civic,
but the wing was in mint condition...

That black shit is off my hands, because under both wings I've used Underseal
so these wings will NEVER rust! Woop! :lol:

But it's red, this dosn't let it down though, because the cars going to be re-sprayed in black anyway :thumb:

Now that they're on, just a quick question. What do you guys think look better, the OEM clear repeaters, or the amber
repeaters? :?

Amber or Clear? :? I'm thinking clear. Makes it looks more clean, but then again I love the amber with black paint. :?

The bumper in the above pictures is effing crap, it's an after market
part and dosn't fit with the wings properly. So will need a new
official one. Bonnet is next :thumb:
Last edited by CivicTypeR on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#43778 I think Amber, especially if it'll be black.

:woot:
By Greasedmonkey
#43844 I would go with amber...but its all up to you.
By CivicTypeR
#43865 Hmmm, I'm not sure yet, I'll just have to wait until it gets painted. I wanna get a large radiator to replace the standard small civic one, but IDK where to get them from :?
By IdealPerformanceIndy
SlipCivic wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure yet, I'll just have to wait until it gets painted. I wanna get a large radiator to replace the standard small civic one, but IDK where to get them from :?

Keep it OEM! I bought my car with the ambers and just went to a stanley-style clear. Much better. Also, who needs a large radiator? Hondas don't overheat! I just went back to a half-size radiator. More room for a big header....
By CivicTypeR
#43883 I guess so, but I love the HUGE ones :lol: I just hope with a rad that small, my engine dosn't overheat when I install the intercooler. :?
By CivicTypeR
#43888 :woot:

I just bought an official JDM Honda teddy bear from Japan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel 12 again! :lol:
It's for the rear speaker shelf :wink: my new mascot :lol:
By IdealPerformanceIndy
SlipCivic wrote:I guess so, but I love the HUGE ones :lol: I just hope with a rad that small, my engine dosn't overheat when I install the intercooler. :?

Just make sure it's not the stock slim one. Dual-core unit or aftermarket....
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/ ... /rad_1.jpg
By -EJ1- COUPE
#43984 the car is for sure coming along bro. your guys call the fenders wings? i guess its just different lingo over there :lol: and that teddy bear is the balls i want one how much?
By CivicTypeR
#44022 Too much haha, idk, bought it from ebay. JDM teddy bear. Yeah, Wings = Fenders. :lol:

Does anyone know if the Sedan rear bumper will fit a Coupe? :?
Last edited by CivicTypeR on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CivicTypeR
#45552 Ok, today I set out to remove my antenna, cause I hate it.
My antenna is located at the back of the Civic, I asume it's a UKDM thing? As i've never seen the US Civic's to have them.

First I removed the electric antenna from the boot (trunk).

Then where the hole, I used an old wing which I found kicking around in my garage, I cut out a small peice of metal from the wing to use to back the hole up...

I stuck the peice of metal to the inside of the hole using tape, just to hold it in place while I weld it to the body of the car, then I welded it into place, but as my welder is bust, it's stuck on the highest setting so i had to be carful not to go mad and burn holes in the bodywork.

So after I finished i did manage to burn the body work a little, so I sanded it down...

Then started more sanding...

After wet and dry sanding it down, i undersealed the inside, where I did my welding, cause that shit is boud to rust...

Decided to underseal the outside, but only on the metal used to fill the hole...

Left it a few hours to dry, came back and it was semi dry, so I thought fuck it. Started with the body filler...

So that's today work over with :thumb:
Note, when using these shitty products, make sure you use gloves. I've learnt the hard way cause this shit wont come off your hands :x

By CivicTypeR
#45553 I'll wet and dry it tomorrow and add another layer of filler.

and to make JLau happy, I ditched the harness and went back to OEM...

Oh and my USDM tails came...

w00t :thumb: