Post YOUR Coupe here
By JDM4U
#41540 So earlier last year i bought a 93 EJ1. This is the progress of that car thus far.

The motor wasnt running right so i went and bought an LS/VTEC swap from a local shop and swapped it in with my cousin. heres a pic.

i also purchased some performance parts for it as well...

heres a pic of the motor in the car

i also purchased an ITR shiftboot and skunk2 short shifter and shiftknob

some other parts i have lying around waiting to be installed. included are jdm headlights, power folding mirrors, JDM OEM yellow foglights and red and clear/smoked taillights.

heres a pic of the rear with the taillights installed. not sure if i like it much yet.

now, my motor has had problems but its basically fixed. The only problem it has left is that VTEC isn't kicking in. The tech had to wired the VTEC solenoid to a toggle switch, which pisses me off and it still feels like its not up to its full potential. Heres a vid of it.

i ask him some questions about it while test driving it. Idk what it could be honestly. When i first swapped it it kicked in and it kicked hard. Idk why its not kicking in now, so if any of you could have any idea that i could look into, let me know.
By JLau
#41550 Looks like a good build. :thumb:
By ohDirka
#41554 for the speedometer check the connector on the back of your cluster and check the speed sensor on your transmission.
By a_CoUpE
#41585 Man was it me or did i here a back fire in the middle of the power bad? or was that just the bad sound pick up of the cam?
By stefan
#41593 Backfire, or afterfire...

When I had my fartcannon on a straight midpipe (with a D15B7), I also had some afterfire when shifting full throttle from second to third :P

@ ts
Car looks good man, engine should be nice!
By JDM4U
#41631 thanks guys. heres some pics of the car itself.

here it is next to my cb7

theres still a few dings and dents here and there. going to get body work and then painted soon. Still trying to find time to finish fixing my motor though. oh and about the "backfire" or "afterfire" noises, i think that was just other noises from the camera or camera guy...i dont remember my engine making those noises while i was driving it.
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#41637 You don't have to have that switch for the VTEC on an LS/VTEC build do you? If you can eliminate that switch, I know I would, that just seems like a bitch and a half to deal with.
By JDM4U
#41638 nah you dont need it. they wired up my vtec to it though cuz it wasn't kicking it normally so in order for me to atleast be able to have it, they had to wire it up to a switch. i hate it though. it sucks and it doesnt feel like its to its full potential. so i gotta take it to another shop to see what they can do.
By 1slowEG
#41641 I'm not sure if its the same as a cable tranny civic/integra BUT, if your speedo doesnt work your vtec WON'T kick in. Get that speedo working(new speed sensor) and you should be good.
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
1slowEG wrote:I'm not sure if its the same as a cable tranny civic/integra BUT, if your speedo doesnt work your vtec WON'T kick in. Get that speedo working(new speed sensor) and you should be good.

What he's saying is, "DO WORK SON!!!!" :thumb:

Get her running right, I'm sure it'll be a beast.
By JDM4U
#41912 well took it to a local shop and they figured out it was the speed sensor. so im going to have it fixed if not by this week, then next. hopefully it'll be working 100% fine by then.