Post YOUR Coupe here
By iSpeed
#361212 its been about 6 years since owning this car, 4 years its been running, and the last 2 years its been abandoned...decided to make a more updated build thread starting off when my clutch blew and i needed to refresh my suspension ...

i ordered :
F2 Type 1 Coilovers
NEW Upper Control Arms
NEW Bushings
NEW Tie Rod Upper and Lower
NEW End Links
NEW Lower Ball Joints
Exedy Pro-Kit Clutch kit
F1 Flywheel 9.5 pound
Hasport Motor Mounts 62a
New Starter
New Rack and Pinion Boots
New Power Steering bolts
New PS Belt
Honda MTF Trans Fluid

got the car running, felt amazing, but didnt have funds to keep it going...this was about middle of May 2014

moved out of my apartment into a duplex with a garage...then picked up new tires

i went thru that, low and slow phase in life..around late 2014

shortly after i abused the hell out of the car. my tranny and clutch blew...which lead to a long 2 year hiatus...

good news about it, the car got painted...bad news, some parts was robbed...

that was the last time i saw the car...

after getting the news that the car was robbed into at the shop i was storing it at, and the theives took some motor parts and interior parts...it was time to bring it home...after sitting for so long and catching dust and over spray...it was time to bring this civic back to life...

finally home...soon as i got it in my garage, i started clean up..

I wet sanded the windows, and removed a good number of baked overspray

wiped down and cleaned the engine bay, until i noticed that it wasnt getting cleaner...

pushed it outside, cleaned it up

noticed i had over spray on the car and started to buff, polish, and clay bar the car...

after working hard, and not finishing the entire car sadly...

after taking a short break from the car, i had my first baby, bought myself a 2013 VW CC, and spoiled me and my wife a little...and then after that, i went back to work...

ordered

Innovative rear bracket for EG...which btw are amazing!
Innovative Mounts 95A ... super stiff ...
TPS sensor
Wireloom
Wires
Gaskets
a bunch of bolts
fuse boxs
EG cluster
and another wiring harness to source plugs...

received the parts last week...finished the wire tuck, prepped the car for the swap...

then the bad news hit...i got a 2 post mount and need a 3 post...

and thats where im going to stop...more updates coming soon as more money comes in for more parts...

By iSpeed
#361213 Parts List:

Low Comp, LS Vtec
b16a Head
b18b Block
Golden Eagle Gasket
ARP Studs
Wiseco Pistons

Rebuilt LS Transmission
7.5 Fidenza Flywheel
ACT MAXX Xtreme Racing Clutch

Stock Fit Wheels
195/45/16 GT Tires

Form Fuction Type 1 Coilovers
New Bushing Everywhere...
VMS rear Camber kit
OEM control arms

List will be updated when more parts are installed
By TrailerTrash
#361215 love the build and the color is bitching :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

keep it up dude
By iSpeed
#361227 Thanks! Yeah it's an amazing feeling being a parent :)

I ordered a few more things for the car, all that's left is tires, spark plugs, coolant, oil, filter, and IGN wires and also debating if i want to run my turn signals and wipers and lights on switches or keep it OEM

By Driv-it-hard
#361228 Great build . As Teal said, love the color.
Congrats on the BABY!!! Having a family and becoming a man to a father is something truly great.
Best of times yet to come !

Keep us posted on the car.
Remember , family first then your toys.
By iSpeed
#361238 Thank you for the kind words! Yes, it's good also that my family supports my addiction lol.

Good news, I got the civic si post mount. Pics coming up soon, gonna clean it up and probably paint it and install tomorrow after work and see if I can get the car wired up and ready to start sunday..

Almost done finally!
By iSpeed
#361243 so, from 7pm, till 1...ish AM...so many issues popped up but thank goodness i was able to work around it and get the job done...

as you can see, i ended up cutting the plastic to find the holes...whoever said you can move it over without touching the crank...is a liar lol

fitted the new/used 2 post mount, didnt even have time to clean it cause ive been busy with the baby and work...

fitted the mount finally...

after that, dropped the motor, removed chains, put the VC back on with new gaskets, and started with wiring..

bam. just like that, wiring done and routed..

next up was the axels, i ended up installing the driver side axel and half shaft...but started to get sleepy and called it a night around 1am...next weekend ill be able to have oil, spark plugs, and a few things ready to hopefully turn the car on...cause this sunday im relaxing lol
By TrailerTrash
#361244 Nice work man its gunna turn out great!
By iSpeed
#361248 thanks! cant wait to get everything hooked up, my buddy is going to go over all the scratches with me and repaint some parts in the engine bay. this car wont be show quality but at least it will look way better then before
By iSpeed
#361260 last night was a long night, managed to put on the axles on the car, and started stripping the interior and getting ready to paint the interior...still figuring out what color to go with

before..

after...i vacuumed, and and washed the floors with dish soup to remove any dirt and grime but no pictures after.

next up is removing the hinges and belts for the rear

thats all for today. im off to go :drink:
By iSpeed
#361311 quick update...

not much going on, trying to now piece together the car with what i have so far..

hooked up shift linkage, finished installing axles, connected fuse box and ecu, removed safety systems, worked on wiring and location of wires, hooked up throttle cable, hooked up clutch slave cylinder, cleaned up oil pan and installed oil pan with new gasket.

little by little i guess lol