Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#359490 I had a nice long run with my first coupe. 309k miles and still going up. but it needs more work and money put into it than i am willing to put into it. Late last year i started searching for a replacement car. looked for civics, del sols, CRXs, integras, and several other vehicles that arent Honda. After awhile of searching i decided to stick with a Civic. I searched for months basically all year and i found a few here and there but they were beat up, rusted out, or cost way too much money. Then 4 weeks ago I found one that was perfect for me. and only two towns over 8 miles down the road.

95 DX. 148k original miles. no rust. stock except for camber kits, exhaust, strut tower bars, lights, lips, wheels, head unit, and Form Funtion Type 1s. other than that its stock down to the airbox. I paid $2300 and was happy to pay that. the paint isnt perfect but its pretty nice. been repainted a few years ago but its nice. had a little bit of front fender damage and some damage to the door at the fender but the owner gave me a replacement fender and ill probably just leave the door alone. some paint chips here and there but black is an easy color to touch up. I was told the clutch was replaced 5k miles ago along with the steering rack and battery.

I always said id never have a black car but i do love it on a coupe

fender aint too bad. once its fixed i dont think the door will be quite so noticeable

even the carpet looks awesome

only leak is the cam cover gasket and a slight oil pan leak. neither is enough to actually drip its just one of those super slow oozing leaks lol

already cleaned sanded and coated the trunk and inner fender lips with Chassis Saver. its something like POR15 my buddy recommended it after using it on his jeeps frame so i gave it a try on my C10's floor and i love the stuff. i also removed the rubber strips that go on the rear fender lips then i cleaned up the edges really good and painted them with the Chassis Saver then i put sealant in the rubber seal thing and put them back on. hopefully it will help keep water and crap away from the fender lips and keep them rust free for a few years

So far the car runs pretty good no CEL or running problems. its a little rough around the edges it needs a bunch of little things fixed but im very excited to really dig into it. ive ordered a bunch of parts and have an appointment for window tint on friday. im doing the timing belt and water pump hopefully next weekend if my parts get here from Majestic :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Leppy
#359491 That's actually really nice... I hate coupes, but I'd drive that. Good find.
By TrailerTrash
#359503 thanks dude. i used to hate coupes aswell i only liked the hatchbacks. when i bought my first coupe i actually planned to find a hatch shell and swap everything over. but the coupe grew on me now its my favorite Civic and i just think they are the nicest looking honda ever made :lol:
By TrailerTrash
#359505 PARTS! :crazy:
Weathertech rainguards
pads
rotors
valve cover gasket set
radiator hoses
LED reverse lights
AC charger

timing belt
tensioner
spring
water pump/gasket
thermostat/gasket
and a few spare bolts in case of trouble

not quite as light-up-the-night as i was hoping but an improvement over stock and i should never need to replace them

the car had Skunk2 upper control/camber arms and the ball joints were bad and then some. nothing against Skunk2 products because from the looks of the arms they were pretty old and the ball joints probably had never seen any grease.
So i replaced them with a set of stock control arms i had in my spare parts collection. i could have gotten Skunk2 replacement ball joints but i have a set of Buddy Club P1 arms on my blue coupe that i would rather transfer over when the time comes

door handle was broke when i got the car
had a spare door handle so i painted it and swapped the lock cylinder over
youd never know
By TrailerTrash
CopyLifted wrote:Looks good man! I love black on these coupes!

thanks man :thumb: this is my first black vehicle(other than flat black spray painted). so far its growing on me i wasnt all about the black when i first got it but i couldnt pass it up. im looking forward to getting the fender painted and detailing the exterior to make it look the best it can

Had the windows done and installed the rain guards. so far i love them they fit perfectly

I gave the turn signals a light coat of tint. im going to do the tailights to match. not too crazy just a little something

I also painted the fog light covers to match the car. it looks better but i really really dont like the foglights at all. the bumper is already cut up for them so i guess ill leave them in. i might get a replacement bumper in the future i dont know yet. i took the lip off the front its chipped up and was loosey goosey. im not sure what im going to do about that either lol
By TrailerTrash
#359529 part of it was patients. the rest was luck :lol:
By Loaf31
#359550 Damn dude that looks great!! What are your plans for this bad boy? Also do you have an Instagram where I can follow you?
By TrailerTrash
#359554 thanks man :thumb:

honestly my plan is to have the perfect daily driver when im done. nothing crazy just a really nicely done car that looks good and is functional as can be. thats why there will be no cutting of strut towers or removal of fender liners or replacing road rashed oil pan plugs :lol:

i dont do the social media thing. unless you count forums like this
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:i dont do the social media thing. unless you count forums like this

Same here :thumb: I don't care if this forum dwindles down to 5 regulars, I'd rather be here with you guys than on a scattered FB group. :werd:
By TrailerTrash
#359589 right on dude im with you 100% :cheers:
By TrailerTrash
#359592 more is coming. working a buttload of overtime that leaves me very little free time. i want to get alot of it done by winter
By TrailerTrash
#359636 I did alot of PM today.

water pump
timing belt
tensioner
tensioner spring
new radiator
radiator hoses
thermostat
valve cover gasket kit
spark plugs and wires
and i adjusted the valve lash

i am pretty sure nothing had ever been touched other than the thermostat which had the factory style rubber gasket but had a paper type seal stacked on top of it. ive never seen that before.

the timing belt was so loose i slid it right off the cam gear
mmm new parts

such a slack timing belt could have been the reason behind a misfire at idle on hot days. but the reason could also have been the half inch of oil in two of the spark plug holes :lol: the seals were hard as a rock and not doing their job whatsoever

now she runs and idles perfectly :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: