Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
Driv-it-hard wrote:That is great news.... Congrats on smooth running.

thanks man :thumb:

but the victory was short lived. im back to chasing down the cause of a misfiring/rough idle on hot days :x
By TrailerTrash
#359667 i did a little tinkering im hoping i solved the rough idle issue. so far so good.

i swapped on my Centerline steelies from the blue coupe.
they look good from afar but they are pretty rough. the chrome is getting really bad and they need sandblasted and repainted. plus one is slightly bent so it has a wobble under 35mph and a little shimmy abover 55mph.

soooo i ordered some cheap 185/60/14s from amazon for $190 shipped and had them mounted on my American Racing slot wheels
i put the lip back on and tinted the foglights since they dont work anyway :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By CAZ786
#359692 where do you go to buy all the small things that comes from honda can you please give me the site ?
By TrailerTrash
HeikDiesel wrote:These are the guys I usually go though

http://afhkparts.com/

I have also used these in the past

http://parts.sonshonda.com/
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/

ive never heard of that first site. the prices look good im making a small list of minor parts id like to replace ill be ordering from them sooner or later. thanks dude :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#359781 Hit a small milestone a few weeks ago. Still running great and getting 40mpg+ every tank

By TrailerTrash
#359782 I finally got around to painting and installing the new fender. I am pretty sure it is not a factory Honda fender. things didnt quite line up perfectly even after alot of tweaking. i used the same gloss black Krylon paint that I used on the door handle and on the fog light covers. its much more noticeable on a bigger part that the two blacks are not exactly the same. buuuut it looks nicer than i was expecting it to and with the fender being fixed the damage on the door isnt as noticeable which is what i was hoping for.

the car is dirty so it hides it a bit :lol:

By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:150k seems so young :thumb:

im hoping its just the beginning of at least a 150k relationship between us :love: :love: :love: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#359812 I got tired of only having two speakers(one in each door) so i used the rear deck lid from my blue coupe that i cut out for speakers. i took the bandana fabric off and covered it with some stretchy gray fabric that doesnt look out of place with the other interior colors. now its hiding two xplode 6x9s and i replaced the door speakers with xplode 6 1/2s. also replaced the head unit with one that works. all of the stuff from my blue car. its spirit lives on in parts :lol:

By TrailerTrash
#361068 Since it had been cold out the engine miss has gone away. over the winter I am going to change the coil, intake air temp sensor, and the coolant temp sensor. hopefully the issue wont come back when it starts getting warm in the spring.

I had discovered in my last two oil changes that this is my first car that doesnt burn oil :lol: :lol: :lol: no difference on the dipstick between oil changes. its kinda weird lol and have been consistently getting 40mpg on every tank without even trying hard to putt putt the car

been tinkering with little things here and there no major updates. i have a small one that i had been thinking on since i got the car and finally decided how to do it. the removable handle for my small aluminum harbor freight jack has always been a pain in my ass in the trunk of my cars. first the blue car now this car. yeah it comes apart in the middle but then I have two handles to keep from rolling/rattling around in the trunk lol

so here is the handle and the upper strut bar that came with the car when i bought it

I used got a couple pieces of steel ruling from work and used the cutting die repair bender/notcher/cutter to whip these guys up. the clamps are not exactly the same its very hard to work with our 1971 equipment lol
a little welding, drilling, and bolting later

then i just bolted it back in the car :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My mind keeps going down the "want more power" road. i was so happy when i first got the car like aw damn this is so nice to have a nice car ill be happy with a stock B7 forever i dont need more power... now i keep arguing with myself about keeping it stock or getting some more power down. but there are so many options... minime setup, z6 swap, a few bolt ons, a B swap like b16a or GSR... the list goes on. i cant make up my mind i love the stock car but sometimes i just want more
By TrailerTrash
#361085 thanks :thumb: