Post YOUR Coupe here
By ntruder98
#351357 Here she is.

1993 Civic EX, D16z6. 5 Speed, what you see is what she is. 296k on the odometer. Paid about $600 bucks for her, ran pretty good at first. Slight rough idle (about 70rpm lower than what i like, slight vibration) Burns more oil than a rotary. A quart to two quarts a week depends on HW vs City.

The first day i got her home.

Got some new tires on her and did a little photo shoot.

Cant forget about ted!

At an import night ... what are the odds....

Then this happened a week later :thumbdown:

Got her fully rebuilt and put all back together... If you notice the front water neck is not on.... cracked while test driving (long story) Anyways head had to come back off, it overheated and the head gasket blew. Oh yeah, from the previous owner butchering a head job my head is now shaved down to zero. The absolute minimum.... Put together again except vtec isnt working. Hmmm... i miss her though.

My first build page. Itll be slow i imagine. Starting college in fall so i dont have to much time to get work done. Im also going to make this better later. I spend most of my spare time trying to find a website to let me upload photos. ALl the normals would not work for me

Future mod list:
Em1 gauge cluster
Prelude center console retro fit (have it just not installed)
red door inserts
Redo carpet and headliner in black
Enkei RPF1's (16s or 15s havnt decided yet)

Long Term:
Remove all dents and paint Fuji Blue Pearl

Long Long Long Long term:
Either H2B swap or K swap.... Love me a K motor.
By ntruder98
#351368 Thanks buddy. I'm originally from p.a so I know all about rust, had my first car, an 83 f150 was 80% rust. Couldn't even pass insection anymore. But the civic didn't technically cost $600. But between trading and selling on order of my past cars that's all I spent total out of pocket. She should be done soon! Sad thING was about a week before the motor died I had put on 4 brand new tires. She's been broken down longer than iv gotten to drive her. But mechanically its almost a new car!
By ntruder98
#351402 I'm thinking 15s for the rpf1s, any input. Also thanks for the sub! Is gonna be really slow though :(
By ntruder98
#351550 Any idea what could make an injector randomly stop firing. Injector is good
By ntruder98
#351680 Basically i have a miss on cylinder two. It has good compression, oil pressure, spark, ignitiion, timinig is on, and the injector wiring passed a noid test. Also switched a few injectors around to see if it would follow but it didnt. Still cylinder two. But its missing.....confused. #Ghostcar.
By TrailerTrash
#351691 try swapping spark plugs and wires. also take the cap off and see how the inside and the rotor look.

i know you said it has spark but it might not be good enough. ive had it happen before
By ntruder98
#351694 I would agree with you there. It's just crazy, the guy who's been working on it for me (lame I know, I just didn't have the time or proper tools to do it myself) . He said he replaced a vtec "rod" something like that. It was bogging the motor down Instead of hitting vtec. Well before then it was running great besides for bogging down of course. Replaced it then was missing. So it shouldn't be the cap or rotor. Also abut a month prior I replaced the cap, rotor, wires (ngk) plugs (ngk) which have also been replaced the build. The icm and main relay also a month prior to those. I think all that's left is the ignitor. And my buddy Actually swapped the dizzy twice. So beats me
:?
By TrailerTrash
#351703 hmmm

what do you mean when you say the timing is on? the marks on the crank pulley can be easy to get confused. also the crank pulley might not be the original one for that engine(im not sure of other D series would have different marks or not)

when the timing is set the connector by the ECU needs to be jumped. was that done?

and was the TPS checked correctly and/or adjusted?
By ntruder98
#351707 Just for referance this isnt me doing the work. I have a good buddy of mine whos been doing mechanical work, specializing in Hondas for like 15-20 years. Anywho hes the one doing all this so i would imagine hes done that. By the timing is on i meant that he got it on point, its perfect. Mostly because they had to machine the head so much from the prior owner having butchered it doing a driveway job head gasket repair. anyways my little z6 is actually an interferance motor now so he spend a long time making the the valves were adjusted perfectly and it was in time correctly. But you wont believe what the problem was that hes gonna replace. He lives out in the country and sold his shop to transition to another shop, well in the mean time the cars been outside and its been getting really cold down here believe it or not. Well...... rodents decided to take shelter in my car and chew up the wiring harness by the ecu. He was sitting in the passenger seat with the car running trying to think why its missing, he bumped the floor/kick panel and it started firing on all four.... pulled the carpet up real quick and BOOM..... little escents of rodent and chew marks all over the wires.. Ill have photos soon hopefully. Go figure that.
By ntruder98
#351890 TrailerTrash, do you have a thread on your car. I would like to check it out if you do.
By TrailerTrash
#351903 ask and you shall receive

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=22001

sadly, many of the pictures no longer work. thanks imageshack :evil:
By jefferydclark
#351929 this is a good start to a build. keep up the good work man. i'll follow this. maybe I can get some motivation to get mine going again lol
By ntruder98
#352315 Very nice, i like both of your rides. Theyre giving me ideas, i miss mine. :(