Post YOUR Coupe here
By jefferydclark
#352359 haven't drove mine since 2013 :(. maybe i'll be able to drive it in 2015 though. I'm going to attempt to have it finished by fall IA as I'm sure there will be a sweet meet in Nashville in which I could show it to the car world :). hope to see more updates on yours in the future as well man.
By ntruder98
#352452 Well heres another update with bad news. My buddie got it running and was driving it from his shop to mine. About a 2 hour drive. He was literally an hour out, half way and the cam shaft snapped off at the distributor. With how short the head had to get shaved due to the previous owner butchering it, once we replaced the cam we found out it bent a few valves. Basically back at square one :x . Good .... actually amazing news! I got to drive it for about ten minutes. It ran like total dog **** but it was driving!!! It brought back so much hope. Another thing, we came to terms that the motor is cursed so he already found a Z6 with 160k that runs great for the down low. On a negative note the radiator on my truck blew up today. AWESOME!!! :woot:
By ntruder98
#352595 Do yall know any reputable sites that sell wheels for reasonable prices. Or what to expect when buying 15 or 16 inch rpf1s. Still dont know which size would look better on my coupe. Used are okay too. Still dont have my car baack just yet. Im just trying to plan for the future.
By ntruder98
#352747 Do any of you fellow honda owners have any insight on quick release steering wheels and no power steering. I just wonder if theyre able to handle the stress. I would think they could i just want to double check to see if any of you guys have experiance with it!
By jefferydclark
#353287 I'd say if you bought a good name brand one that it should be able to hold it fine. they are designed for racing I believe. I vote that you get yourself a manual steering rack :)
By ntruder98
#353313 I have a "one small step yet one giant leap" update for all who gives a dern. My mechanic found a coolent leak from near the intake. He replaced the intake manifold gasket three times and even took it to a friend of his who works for Honda of Charleston! and they couldnt find it. I told him that enough is enough im coming to get it! It was driveable just took about 30 minutes to lose all the coolent. So i stopped every twenty to top it off and get going again. Took about 8 hours to make a two hour drive but no big deal, shes in the driveway again!!! Lesson learned, do you own work no matter how busy you are. All me and my brother did was take an extendable/flexable mirror for a couple minutes while i poured more coolent in and found a crack!!!! two shade tree drive way mechanics..OPENED THEIR EYES lol. So thats all i need, i took it off and pushed on where the crack was and a chunk of the intake cracked off. BOOYAH. Just need to find a new z6 manifold and call it a day! Which unfortunately are near impossible to find here in Columbia SC. I found a Y8 and was going to swap it over, paid $130 just to find out that it was off an automatic car and is therefor uselss on my civic.....sucks being held down simply from being unable to find a part. :x
By ntruder98
#353979 Sorry i havent updated any at all lately. Life has gotten crazy. I got an intake, it worked great. Had a couple little kinks but i straightened them up. It was for a z6 but a different intake, p08 i believe, added a bit more top end umph when vtec opened up.

Only ever ran it hard that one time and that little d series pulled like crazy after 4200 rpms clear up to 7k. drove it around for a month or so dailying it to work and back, she only burned a little oil from the day i got it back.

Well i was coming home from running an errand getting on the interstate in the accel lane, was just about to go into 4th when i noticed a monster trail of smoke behind me......So i eased up and slowed down and it went away. Dropped to third and **POOOOFFFF** the smoke was back. So i got her home, i have a crazy amount of crank case pressure and .. well.. she smokes like hell.

Doing a compression test today hopefully after work if i can find the gauge again (oops). Basically disguested at this car.

Mechanic isnt honoring the warranty since he didnt build it (which is a 1 year 12k mile) , the one he re-built for me blew up on his time. so he slapped a used one in and gave it back. (This is after a course of like....9months he had my car). That engine had a 30 day warranty from the guy he bought it from, thats great and all. I paid $700 dollars and 9 months of no civic. He barely paid 300 for it and did a shady ass job.....

I paid for a fresh rebuild, and got another steaming pile of poop honda product.

What are yall takes on this situation? Should i not get some sort of reimbursment

**Currently driving my 83 c10 pickup**
By teal_dx
#354194 Sounds like your piston rings took a shit :thumbdown:

And that mechanic seems shady, I'd not use him any more after this happened. :thumbdown:

If he rebuilt one and it blew up right after, well that's not your problem he did a bad job. He should at least informed you about what happened and gave you a heads up he got another used motor that only had a 30 day warranty instead of a year. And he had the car for 9 months! It takes 1 day to swap a D series motor, if you know how and have the tools. :eh:
By ntruder98
#355115 Sorry guys i never updated yall. I no longer have the civic :( i do want one again. Atleast i think i do. I just go so disgusted with the cursed ass coupe that i had its almost hard to go back you know.... But anyways i traded the coupe for a 95 Grand Cherokee. 5.2 v8 and quadratrac 4wd. I personally hate the quadratrac but hey....it drives and doesnt barely smoke. Just a slight tiny puff of white and blue when you first start it after its been sitting for a few hours. Which really is not bad for a 20 year old jeep. I plan to get back into an eg at some point... But im just unsure.
By ghskid06
#356474 Awe this thread started out so promising. You cant blame the car for engines that weren't built right or that were already on their last limb when they were put in. If you had gotten a fresh motor in there that was rebuilt properly your honda experience would have been 180. Hopefully you get another one day and get another chance to experience honda the right way.
By ntruder98
#356795 I know, i loved it. i dont want to delete the pics off fb yet but everytime i see them i start to miss it... It was a fun car, the suspension was tight. And i was making good money at the time and all for dumping it into the car. But i just couldnt anymore. Im considering in the next few years getting back into it, but with an s2k after saying some money up. Speaking of cars, that jeep bit the dust too. But considering what i traded for it i did alright. Now i borrowed some money from my boss to buy another jeep. This time a 98, with a 4.0 and selec trac. Much better suited for my need at the moment now that im living out in the country, my drive way is nearly impassible on a rainy day without 4wd lol