Post YOUR Coupe here
By BAXTER_EJ1
#49416 Well I took it down to my buddies last week and did some work over three days, you'll remember the horrible rust on it from the initial pictures, here's the progress we made:

Sanding

Cutting, there ended up being a lot more rust than we could see at the start

Welding in new metal

Primed and ready for bondo in a few days

Got home and installed the Injen SRI

Two questions though:
How do I remove the stock air components that go down behind the bumper? I've got the box and filter component off and the first intake tube, but the part that wraps around the frame and comes back up the hole in the frame is still there.

And how do I remove this piece which was part of the stock blowback tubing?

It seems as if it's attached to another tube that goes from the im to the head?
By blackej2coupe
#50647 as for the 1st question, i removed mine by removing the front bumper and there is 2 or 3 bolts holding on the resanotor box or whatver they call it, then i just yanked it down until it came loose . and for the second question.. i disgarded the old tubing as 1 is running from your valve cover to air intake and the other is a water line, so just get 2 seperate bits of hose to suit and jobs done. good progress :thumb:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50663 Thanks a lot! I'll find some tubing and replace the water line and finally get that nasty ass piece out of there.

Got my rims on the other day, and ended up spending $600 for new tires while I was it...I'm unemployed now by the way lol. :thumbdown:

I'll get some pics up on another nice day. I'm real impressed with the spray can job I did.
By stefan
#50666 Wow dude, do you life in a coastal area?
There's even rust under the bonnet, and your not even in rainy Holland!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50681 lol I live in Ontario, near all of the great lakes. During the summer we have pretty high humidity, and A LOT of precipitation normally.

I REALLY have an inclination to pack up and move to Cali or Florida lol.

This weather really sucks balls sometimes.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#51280 Here's my oh-so-needed tire upgrade with my $20 painted rims.

By stefan
#51281 Looks nice :)
But please remove that rear spoiler, or you might find out one day somebody is using it as a shopping cart at the mall :P

BTW... are you going to have the welded areas fit flush with the rest of the body?
Because rust is ugly, but those welds sticking out there is an ugly spot on your car too mate...
By BAXTER_EJ1
#51283 Plans for the immediate future:

Doing bondo early next week and then priming the areas again to fit them flush with the rest of the body.

Before I have the car painted (same colour to keep everything matched) I'm going to get a new trunk from the junkyard and have them paint it at the same time.

Whoever installed the wing did a shit ass job at it and melted/hacked up the trunk cover. Now there is rust in there as well as it's torn to shit. I don't wanna ride around with a red trunk cover and look ghetto so for the time being I'll settle with looking rice.

Now that the warm weather's here and beach time is coming up I wanna get it painted within the next few weeks, so no worries Stefan. :hehe:
By stefan
#51284 All right man, just realized my post could seem like I was being a hater, but I'm not trying to tear down your car ;)

Get a c/f trunk :twisted:
By CivicTypeR
#51296 I have alot of respect for people who do bodywork on their car, congrats on that man, it's starting to look good already primered. :thumb: Can't wait to see finished pictures.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#51316 props matt. looks good! :thumb: Don;t you hate you need super thing lugnuts for those rims?!

it will be a PAIN to clean them in white.. :x
By BAXTER_EJ1
#51320 lol I'm not sure about CF! I think I wanna keep the car one-tone right now to be honest.

Derbo the lug nuts are SUPER thin lol, and I couldn't find one so I have to try to find a replacement. One wheel only has three right now.

The good thing about white is, even if they're dirty you can't notice it until you're 6" away from them :twisted:
By BAXTER_EJ1
#51329 Noted for the future, problem is that right now I need 1 :lol: