Post YOUR Coupe here
By iThorr
#347948 Hi I'm Thor, and yes it's my real name, Here's my story;
A friend did a bseries swap in his hatch and couldn't find a buyer for his old d15, he and I rebuilt the motor, and he decided to give it to me! What a nice guy right? So I went hunting for a honda shell to put this puppy in. I originally wanted a del sol, but everyone in my area wanted waaaaay too much for a shell, I could've bought a stock one for nearly the same price, so I settled for my second choice, a Coupe, because there are countless hatches in my area and not many coupes. So I got a 95 EX, and I'm putting a smaller engine in it than what comes, which is why this project is called SLOW EG
Here's how she looked when I brought her home, well to the shop I work at.
Except she had crappy fenders, hood, and front bumper all spray paint black.
If you notice, it looks like there is a little bit of damage, I was okay with that because i work at a body shop and could replace the radiator bracket. It wasn't until later I realized passenger side frame rail was bent, inwards and up.
So, I drilled out the welds and removed the radiator bracket.
Then I had to remove the part thats behind the fender, the grey part in the pic above, drilled the welds, then removed. Now I needed a corner clip of another to pull parts from
Here are the new pieces in place, test fitting, this is also after pulling the frame.
ImageImage
Going up onto the frame machine;
Here is the d15 i mentioned earlier and how it looks when I got it, you won't recognize it when you see how it looks now

So I decided I was gonna make my project pretty much into show car condition, so the whole engine got a make over. So I cleaned off as much of the dirt and grime i could, using wheel acid, degreaser, soapy water, until just about all the dirt was off, with exception to little nooks and cranny's that a wire brush can't reach, nor can you see. Painted the block, head, intake manny, and thermostat housing universal aluminum color, and the lower timing belt cover black. Then hit everything with a clear coat. The transmission will also be the same color, but hasn't been painted yet. For the valve cover, I sent my purple bwr radiator stay bracket for a color match, and painted the valve cover that color purple. I had set a towel over it to keep it from getting dusty but the towel had oil on it and messed up the paint, so it will have to be repainted. Here are pics of all that;

Here is some of the body work that has to be done, I am also shaving the antenna, replacing driver door with a decent condition shell i got from craigslist, will have to body work a little of that, but it doesn't have horrible damage like my current one. Brand new fenders, front and back bumper, and a hood from a friend. pics;

Here is test fitting the motor after frame pulling, all new motor mounts because I didn't have any to begin with, nor the hardware for them, so that was multiple trips to the junkyard. pics;

Now onto my plans for the interior. I removed the carpet, and will be painting the floor white and rocking it like that. I purchased a used black dashboard that was in great shape, I reupholstered the headliner with black suede, I will also do the rear deck the same. I reupholstered the material part of the doors and the panels next to the back seats with a marvel style fabric, since my name is Thor, I got this because it has Thor on it, and it's different. I picked up the jam double din center console and long armrest, they are grey so i will have to paint them, and reupholster the armrest cover with black suede, but I'm missing the faceplate for the center console part, but I got the center console and long armrest for $250, practically a steal when they both go for almost 300 each. Here are the door panels and stripped interior;

Plans for the engine compartment; I will do a wire tuck, the engine harness I got with the engine had been messed with before my friend had it and I didn't trust the way the wires were done in some spots, it all worked fine but if I was going to cut any to untangle, I'm not sure why some were spliced together in certain spots, plus a bunch of plugs were broken, can't have that on a show car can I? So purchased one off eBay for $80, in great condition, no broken plugs or anything. I am also doing a brake line tuck, I have already purchased everything necessary, spent about $200 overall, I'm still debating a fuel line tuck, it's just that the inline fuel filter is $100 everywhere I see it, then I have to get the new lines, if someone could help me out on finding what I need for that, that'd be great. Then I will shave everything in the bay with exception of where the ac lines would come through the firewall. I'm not doing ac but if I ever sell the car, someone might want to put it in, so I'm leaving it possible. There will be no power steering. For the engine, I will get a lightweight crank pulley mainly so i don't have the nasty looking stock one, I will get one with the other two pulleys though, so power steering and ac could be added. I purchased a purple adjustable cam gear, not one of the cheap eBay ones. All brand new hoses, I am keeping heat, new aluminum racing radiator with slim fan. I will also be relocating fuse box to below the glove box, and the battery will go in the trunk, next to the one for the sound system :P (I'll get to that later) Shoutout to Teal_Dx for his wire tuck and shave guides, saw those before I became a member! Here's the links
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=247#247
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=92

I Think that's about as far as I've gotten now, if you want sooner updates, follow me on Instagram, and let me know on here you followed me and your username, or let me know on instagram so I can follow you back! User: thor_monster
Last edited by iThorr on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Loaf31
#347949 Sounds like you got a hell of a project coming up!
Good luck with your build! :thumb:
By iThorr
Loaf31 wrote:Sounds like you got a hell of a project coming up!
Good luck with your build! :thumb:

Thanks! Much more has been done than what I have posted, I'll try to finish up tomorrow
By jap-society
#347976 Nice platform man, always wanted a coupe too but found a hatch with oem goodies instead.

In for updates :thumb:
By iThorr
#348043 Okay I think I got it up to date of how things are now, The project is kinda on hold, I have to finish painting my girlfriends jeep before I can go back to the honda, and I start school sept 9th for my certifications as an automotive technician so if the honda isn't done by then (which it probably won't be) I won't have much time to work on it, unless I go in on saturdays while we're closed
By jap-society
#348233 You're new update is on it's way man :thumb:
By baconsauce
#348452 What do you use and what color to paint the short block?
great build :)
By iThorr
Deffyjeffy wrote:What do you use and what color to paint the short block?
great build :)

Used rattle can from auto zone, the univ aluminum i think is what I said above, but I also used a primer and a clear coat, all the high heat stuff that does like 550 degrees