Post YOUR Coupe here
By JuicEJ_1
#343749 Hey everyone, I thought after several years of browsing this forum, I'd finally post my ride up now that it is starting to look the way that I want. It's my 3rd EG civic so Im very familiar with this forum, especially the DIY section. :thumb: :thumb:

I got it Feb of last year, just a few days before my birthday.A present to myself if you will haha. I bought it for 1500 which is what I had sold my Hatch for a few weeks prior. However this wasn't the first time I had seen the car. I noticed it while I was still driving my first Civic two years ago, and I jokingly said to my friend that's the one I need to buy next. And when I wrecked my first one, I instead went looking for a hatch, and found one that ended up being a POS. The previous owner had neglected every maintenance item possible it seemed. So after many months of living with it I sold it to a friend who had big plans for it(he ended up trading it for a motorcycle). :lol: So once again without a car, I had to start looking. And I remembered the one I had seen long ago and decided why not stop by and see if they were interested in selling it. It was still sitting in the same spot as it had been the previous year, so I knew it didn't get driven much. Turns out the guy was very interested in selling it as it wasn't driven cause it was too small for their family now. That Friday I drove it home and it looked like this:

It had only 128K miles and working A/C, something neither of my others had. It also had all the service record going back to 98 when the second owner bought it, I'm the third. I quickly fell in love with the car and the desire to mod was strong, but I was broke. So I bought little things here and there.

Window Tint with Black Housing Headlights and Fog Lights:

A friend was moving so he gave me a good deal on a couple things including a Audio Console, Padded Armrest, and White/Red taillights. At that point I figured I really did need a cup holder that was useful so I did the Taurus Cup/Coin thing.

And some Blue Fuzzy Dice, of course!

But what I really wanted were some wheels. So I spent months lurking craigslists and facebook groups looking for some. I really wanted some Slipstreams or Flashbacks. I found a set of 16" slips for a reasonable price and jumped on them, even though I was wanting 15".

But with 16" wheels and stock suspension it looked a little too much like a 4x4.
:lol: It stayed like this for quite some time until I had two flats on the Slips, so it ended up having the original steelies in the front for a while with Slips on the back. After this I began saving money for new tires and suspension. Many paychecks and one tax refund check later I was able to buy a set of brand new Function Form Type 1s. Getting the fronts on was easy but the back ones were a total :x . But once I had them on, it finally all started coming together. Added a Type R style front lip, too.

Still needed tires, so I ordered 4 new Falkens and had them mounted to the Slips. I got a smaller size than was originally on the wheel cause I didn't like the look of the tall sidewall. I was able to do this just in time for the local SLAMMEDEnuff meet. :D

That was a fun day and it was pretty cool to have my car there for the first time, even though its far from perfect and no where near some of the great cars there that day. Future plans are mainly small things for a little while. I'd like to get a blue tow hook to match the lug nuts and dice, and eventually I'd like to do the valve cover the same color. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll get the body work done and get it painted. Haha.

It's come a long way since I first saw it parked 2 years ago, and it's probably far from done. What do y'all think?