Post YOUR Coupe here
By brandoff88
#342349 Image

1994 honda civic ex coupe
aztec green pearl (stock color)
clean title
208k on chassis and climbing

BAY:

jdm d15b vtec @ approx. 50k since swap (black motor/tranny)
no name 4-2-1 header
ngk plugs
vms 10.2mm wires
new distributor
new thermostat
new radiator hoses
new alt/ps belts
new valve cover gasket
new spark plug grommets
freshly painted wrinkle black vc
aluminum aftermarket radiator with oem fan/shroud
matrix intake tube with red spectre filter
red spectre vc filter
anodized red radiator stay
anodized red oil cap
black ss braided clutch line (master to slave)
new axles
anodized red dress up kit (allen head bolts/red washers)

INTERIOR:

red and black seat covers
cheap cd player
lightning audio 6x9 in back
kenwood door speakers
new window motors/regulators
swapped in mintier rear seats
coupe floor mats
other than that stock as fuck

EXTERIOR:

oem antenna delete
spec-d black housing headlights
10k light purple/blue hid's
amber corners
50-50 tail lights
yonaka cat back
mugen rep front lip

WHEELS/SUSPENSION

em1 si rims with 195/50r/15 tires
h&r drop springs front
ebay coils in rear

NEW PARTS TO BE FITTED:

91 integra gs rear disc brake conversion(cleaned and painted)
Ebc sport rotors all around (dimpled and slotted)
New ceramic brake pads all around
SS braided russel brake lines all around
91 ex master cylinder upgrade
Full energy suspension master kit (black) with trailing arm bushings as well
15x8 +25 offset jnc wheels (dished rpf1 clones, gold with polished lip)
195 50 15 khumo ecsta tires
Truhart street plus coilovers
New window channel rubbers for both doors(mine are toast and don't allow windows to go up and down properly)
Some sweet window decals (daily driven, 200,000+, built not bought, not drunk avoiding potholes, and I love my ej1)

so happy to be back in a coupe instead of my pickup, decided to forgoe the old dx coupe I was working on, too much work and not enough time.

its got little quirks but ill sort them out as it gets warmer, car runs great and handles awesome, guy even threw in some tien springs :)

thanks for looking and look forward to slow but steady progress
Last edited by brandoff88 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
By Ajax1989
#342350 nice!

if it were me id paint the fenders to match the car
By brandoff88
#342351 I probably will sometime down the road, its got some clear fade in a few spots, and a couple dings, but im happy right now, and yes it will be stock color, still gotta mess with the door actuators on driver side, windows a bit off track going up and lock on works half the time, probably simple fix but for now that all that I have found wrong with it, going to try and get some decent pics soon, the suns out and the snow is causing massive glare on my camera...so yeah.. but ill try to get some soon I promise guys!

edit: didn't make the same mistakes as I did with the last coupe, double check all the stuff to make sure it works, and it all worked good, gotta take out the front struts though, they are starting to go, but I got two new struts with tien springs on em with the car ;)
By Snaiper1990
#342352 Needs serious paint job, alloys, jdm fog lights and will be a nice car :)
By brandoff88
#342356 yeah the ONLY thing I don't like about this car is that he put the mesh where the foglights go :thumbdown: but ill pop that shit off and throw in some jdm goodness to fill it up 8) paints actually not bad just needs a cut and buff, cept for the dings
By brandoff88
#342471 thanks brian, it was either this or a b16 swapped purple ej1 with ls webs but it had hellllllla clear coat fade and was 6 hours away, and due to weather, I found this one locally, both were same price but I wanted teal more than purple (stock purple by the way) ande ls webs, although it did have a rebuild b16 lol....either way im In love! with this one at least I have some things I can do without ALOT of work.
By brandoff88
#342492 managed to snag a few pics of the engine bay....still kinda dirty and theres some issues I have to address

-vtec not engaging...
-apparently tps got broken and tripped cel....
-seems to be a bit of an oil leak form around the dizzy (probably pinched o ring)
-not sure im digging the way the y5 intake mani looks in the bay :(
-header seems to be uhhh...attached? (see pic)
-no clamp on vc filter ?!?!

im thinking im going to swap out this one for my d15b vtec, and the new goodies with it, but I have been driving since the day I got it and the oil level is still normal and no issues yet...with so many small issues im surprised this damn thing runs as good as it does...

full shot

my oh so nicely attached manifold

the oh so small oil leak

before I forget what the hell are the two things that don't have wires running to them on top or my intake manifold?

hoping this one don't go downhill like my other coupe
Last edited by brandoff88 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By juls1488
#342496 looks like youve got a d16y5 manifold on there. the black thing not plugged in next to the vc air filter is the egr valve. you dont need that. pull it off and get an egr blockoff plate for a h22 motor.
the one on the fuel rail is the obd2 version of the purge solenoid i think. someone will correct me if im wrong lol.
By brandoff88
#342524 thanks man, yeah I don't really know anything but my d1b5 vtec, so this is all kinda weird....lol im not digging this motor though, doesn't have a lot of pep compared to the 1.5 maybe its just because somethings off? I have no idea lol...sad to see her go as well, I wanted to at least finish it but its not to feasible right now, so im going to take all the parts off that one and swap em over including my swap...I did all the work on that one and I know for a fact it wont leak on me, already had it running, but ima keep the mini me and kinda tear into and maybe rebuild it for a fun frankenboost project :? anywho got her all cleaned up....she really does need a new paint job though...im not to worried though so far everything else is in tip top shape :thumb: also head a question, guy said tps was causing the vtec not to engage...so maybe that might be part of the problem with my power, it still pulls good but not like my old coupe...anywhooo finally got around to taking some of my own pics after a quick clean up

hope this weather warms up so I can put my new lights and other stuff in, gunna put in my new radiator and engine dress up kit, any thoughts to anodized red dress up kit and teal bay? not sure if its gunna look good..
By brandoff88
#342551 heres some free stuff I will be doing to this car in the coming weeks, all thanks to the parts I have lying around from the old coupe project :thumb:

new headlights, amber corners, and 50/50 tails, going to rewrap the harness for the d15b, and going to use my spoon style mirrors.

BRAND NEW clutch master/slave cylinders, new brake master cylinder, ss braided clutchline from master to slave, put my decals on this car, and put on my radiator stay, engine dressup kit, new vc bolt o rings? the little rubber things that go on the vc bolts...

also going to throw in the new aluminum radiator with red fan that I got, even comes with hardware :thumb:

will probably dig more parts out this weeked to put on her, but I feel this is going to go good since I already have the knowledge to do most of this andi hope to get a lot of good pics along the way
By AGPEJ1
#342554 :thumbsup: for fellow teal ej1! Looks clean
By brandoff88
#342559 its straight, but far from clean, lots of clear fade in a a lot of areas coupe small dings here and there, but its not too bad, probably going to repaint it teal next year sometime, also was cleaning my floor mats and found our they are those nifty dark grey mats that say "coupe" on em lol