Post YOUR Coupe here
By brandoff88
#348525 haha yeah the car had a y7/y8 but swapped in my jdm d15b

holy hell need to update my thread lol. well since march when i last updated this i moved to the other side of the state and started working ALOT. i tried painting the car gloss black with rattle can and it turned out eh...so i stripped it all down to factory paint perfected almost all my body work and did a few things.

1. FINALLLY cleaned the underside of my hood.
2. replaced the cheap cf fenders that broke with metal ones.
3. stripped most of the molding (side, windows, etc.) and skirts for paint.
4. got around to getting a yonaka system to replace the shitty cf canister and stock piping.
5. primered the whole car minus jambs, bay, and doors

still driving it everyday and making progress. i will try to sort out the picture issues and i will update the mods page on my thread after i post this.
By brandoff88
#348537 as promised here are some more recent pics i took today after putting the other fender on...its not perfect and this is only the first layer or primer..im still sorting some body work in a couple areas and i havent started the doors yet. i also need to get ahold of another rear bumper as i backed into a trailer unloading my car when we moved (split it right below the driver outside taillight) other than that its coming along. plans after body and paint are to replace the window trim and side molding, might try the ek side skirts but still unsure at this time (read a dyi a few times but damn it seems tricky...although looks the sex) and beyond that ill start on interior dong the small things, like led cluster / climate control...may even source a ac kit for the car, its still wired in just cut at the shock tower...umm also trying to source a decent rear disc set up for the old gal as well as possible energy suspension kit or something along those lines, and finally a full set of some decent drop springs...the old ebay coils in the rear are getting a bit harsh lately...

recent engine bay shot after moving and getting underside of hood clean

driver side so far

passenger side so far

dat ass so far

and of course the front end

YONAKA!!!!

hope you enjoy the overdue update...main reason for lack of pics and updates was i had issue posting pics. ill also go back and fix some of the other pics as well
By brandoff88
#349793 smallish update, car was running pig rich after swapping in all the new parts and motor, after a couple months I was looking at headers online and noticed the bung on mine was only for the 4th runner gasses... :thumbdown: needless to say it was kind of a bummer, so I just swapped the 02 sensor down to before the collector and put the plug in the top one and re did a bit of wiring, glad to say worked out awesome, after I reset the ecu and put about 400 more miles on, id doesn't smell rich, my mpg seems to have gone up a it, and it feels more steady throughout the power band, not to mention the popping in my exhaust has been reduced greatly so im happy, was a bit sketchy about the sensor not reading properly down that far but its doing awesome so far :thumb:
By brandoff88
#350167 another updated, about 12 days ago I went to pop my hood to look at something while working on a buddys coupe (header swap, same header I have so we decided to move his o2 sensor as well) and noticed ALOT of oil on the block, right above the low line on the dipstick, and got to taking a look and my distributor o ring shit itself, replaced that and still no go, decided to get a new distributor altogether, and that certainly solved the problem, no more oil leaks lol. also that same buddy had hid's in his stock busted headlights, so he said for giving him the extra clean pair I had and putting newish stock bulbs in them and swapping em out for him I could have the hids, direct plug and play 10k I think? either way they look pretty dope with my black housing lights, ill try to get some pics but I have no camera and the tablet screen broke...soo yeah...