Post YOUR Coupe here
By jusshatched
#342117 I decided to share my build with you guys since I'm getting this car going again after a long time. My first car ever was a 94 CX hatch. I started learning how to work on cars with that car but I was t-boned and the car was totaled. I bought a 94 EJ1 coupe and swapped all the parts and motor to it. It has since been through several motors and wheels etc.

Heres a quick time line of the coupe...

Some of the pics are a little out of order but I will organize them better later.

Also, Im building a 400HP LS VTEC Turbo setup right now so Ill have that up soon.

Heres my hatch that started it all. This was after a year of owning it.

After the accident and removal of all the upgrades.

Stock D16 had to go.

Single cam out

After swapping all the parts from my hatch to the coupe.

The ugliest bay ever lol.

Got the hood re clear coated and Rota GT3s

Got a little turbo setup

The head gasket blew due to my car overheating as a result of the turbo timer.

Got a cheap ram horn manifold.

Got some K Sport coilovers. What a world of difference from stock struts with ebay coilover sleeves!

I converted the whole interior to black... Suede headliner and brand new black carpet.

This was my most resent motor setup. 325HP LS turbo. It had a bottom end failure after only 12k miles. That was a sad day.
Last edited by jusshatched on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By jusshatched
#342118 Heres the new motor im in the process of building.

Heres a mountain of parts I got. Ive been buying and selling parts to fund this build...

Just assembled the block a few days ago.

Got the head back from the machine shop. :)

Installing new LMA's

I had a very scary issue with the head studs not wanting to go in smoothly. Some went in OK but most would bind up and get really tight.

I ordered a tap and chased all the threads several times. This took care of the issue thank god.

Here's a little mock up with the new parts.

Not the valve cover ill be using, just keeping everything covered.
Last edited by jusshatched on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
By jusshatched
#342119 Here's what the new setup will be...

Top End
B16 head
Brian Crower dual springs
Brian Crower titanium retainers
Skunk2 LMAs
GSR cams
Skunk2 cam gears
Cometic head gasket
ARP head studs
JG Edelbrock intake manifold
RC 780cc injectors
Golden eagle fuel rail
Blox 76mm throttle body

Block
B18a1 block
Wiseco 10:1 pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
Golden Eagle block guard
ACL race bearings

Turbonetics .63 A/R 60 trim turbo
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate
Spoolin Performance manifold
3" down pipe
Greddy Type RS BOV
CX Racing FMIC
CX Racing radiator
Blox boost controller
JG Edelbrock intake manifold
RC 780cc injectors
Golden Eagle fuel rail
Blox 76mm throttlebody
4 bar map sensor
Avid racing mounts
Greddy SP2 exhaust
Badlandz electric exhaust cutout.
BDL cam plug
Greddy oil cap
Billet plug cover
Moroso coolant tank
Stainless braided clutch line
Stainless braided fuel line
Stainless braided vtec line
Earls 10AN vacuum lines.
Aluminum Catch can
Last edited by jusshatched on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
By jefferydclark
#342139 what kind of bumper cover is that? did you just mold those fog covers in to it? I want something different with my bumper before I put my car back together and cant figure anything out.
By jusshatched
jefferydclark wrote:what kind of bumper cover is that? did you just mold those fog covers in to it? I want something different with my bumper before I put my car back together and cant figure anything out.

Its just the stock bumper with the EK fog bezels molded in. I just used bondo and some patience but it came out great. Someone backed into the front of my car and messed that bumper up though so ill be running a stock bumper until I get a chance to redo that.
By jefferydclark
#342156 hmm....I might have to steal that idea. it looks so good on your car :) I actually modded my first coupe after your car. didn't know it was yours until today though lol i just seen a clean ej and figured i wanted mine to be white and clean. it never got to it before i sold it but its still cool to see the owner of that car still has it.
By jusshatched
jefferydclark wrote:hmm....I might have to steal that idea. it looks so good on your car :) I actually modded my first coupe after your car. didn't know it was yours until today though lol i just seen a clean ej and figured i wanted mine to be white and clean. it never got to it before i sold it but its still cool to see the owner of that car still has it.

Im glad I could inspire your build. :) The car is in pretty bad shape body wise from sitting without a motor for the last 2 years. Hopefully with some work I can get it back into the condition it should be.
By TrailerTrash
#342160 i love the pics in the water :thumb:

great build dude it should be pretty nasty when its all said and done
By bks84
#342302 When the headgasket blew were you on stock head bolts and gasket?

Nice car! I like the water pictures, how long did it take for the water to settle down after driving through it?
By jusshatched
bks84 wrote:When the headgasket blew were you on stock head bolts and gasket?

Nice car! I like the water pictures, how long did it take for the water to settle down after driving through it?

Thanks.

Yea, when it blew I was stock everything on 10PSI. It ran a 13.8 like that with no tune my first time ever at the track. Street tires too. I think I put in ARP studs at that time.

There wasn't much to the water shots. I just saw that place and pulled up. It was murky but it reflected well.
By bks84
#342354 I asked because I wasnt sure how a turbo timer would blow a headgasket... I suspect 10psi on stock everything had more to do with it!

Regardless, its getting rebuilt! Should be fun!
By jusshatched
bks84 wrote:I asked because I wasnt sure how a turbo timer would blow a headgasket... I suspect 10psi on stock everything had more to do with it!

Regardless, its getting rebuilt! Should be fun!

So I put this Greddy turbo timer in and drove the car to the beach. The turbo timer sets the time for you (you can over ride it) and I just put it in so when it recommended an 8 min cool down after the long drive I was like hmm ok whatever and I let the car idle in the parking lot while I foolishly walked away. The next thing I knew my friends were yelling at me that the car was smoking and I run out to it to see it spewing coolant and pegged on hot. It turns out the timer was keeping power to everything but the radiator fan once I took the key out. I still don't know why it doesn't keep power to the fan but it does to everything else but thats for sure why it blew.