Post YOUR Coupe here
By aenmia
#333909 Hello All,
I just picked up a civic I plan to turn into a daily driver. This is my 2nd Civic, my first was an 85 hatchback. If I could go back and kick myself for selling it, I would. That was a fun car. Maybe I can make this one fun too.

It needs some...well a lot of TLC, but I think it can be saved. I got her for a good deal I think. Her looks as of now are less than desired though. The person I bought her from started installing a body kit (this will have to go, so anyone who is willing to trade for the stock parts, let me know). It has a LOUD muffler on it, and it is coming off! If the muffler shop doesn't want to trade, I'll be selling it or giving it away.

So this is the beginning of my build. It will not be a fast build, but maybe it will look better in the end.

By eg-guy
#333934 Looks like a good start minus the chinese buffet of parts lol. Welcome to the forum and Good luck.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333936 I have to agree with eg guy on this. It'd look good with a good solid primer coat though. Welcome to the forums!
By aenmia
#334510 Thanks for the welcomes. Not much has changed visual wise; I've mostly been working on little engine issues and brakes. Right now since I'm only going for a daily driver, I did a complete change up of the rear brakes. Shoes, drums, cylinder, and hardware. I did the rear first due to the fact the front look pretty good right now, and they were bare metal. In a while though I do plan to do a complete overhaul of them as well. I also ended up replacing the master cylinder do to the petal creeping slowly to the floor, as bled all the old nasty fluid out.

Today I took and cleaned the FITV valve do to an idle surge issue; I'll find out tomorrow if it has fixed the problem on my way to work. While I was at it I added a missing screw to the map sensor and cleaned the IACV. Also preformed a compression test to hopefully find narrow down the source of the smoking. All cylinders read 190 - 195. I've been leaning more towards valve stem seals and I think this may help my case. No water in oil, and no oil in radiator as far as I can tell.

Once the weather here will calm down and stop raining everyday, I want to begin sanding the paint down and slowly priming it. I have a lead on some replacement body panels to get the kit off of it. The interior is not great, but I did clean the dash off. It turned an orange rag black with all the dirt. I still have not put a radio in it. The person before me hacked it up. I'm going to get a plug from my old work and get some of the wiring straighten out.
By aenmia
#335107 Well I was able to get a few things done this past couple of weeks. I took some of the interior panels out and gave them a bath. Put new tires on the car; drives a lot better now. I painted the wiper arms and sanded down the rust spot on the rear fender. Found a good bit of bondo back there. I wasn't so much on getting it perfect for paint just yet, I wanted to get the rust gone before it ate a hole through sheet metal. Primed it for now. In between all this I was wet sanding the trunk lid for fun. I must go out and purchase a da sander if I'm going to do much more body work on it myself.

As for the engine bay, I flushed the radiator and purchased a new overflow tank. The old one had all sorts of black slime inside of it from the years. Also purchased two new headlight sockets and got them soldered in back into the original wiring. The person before had jump a wire from one bulb to another for some reason. I guess they couldn't get the high beams to work. I had no issues with the factory wires.

The surging issue seems to be fixed after re-cleaning the iacv again. The car also seems to run better day by day.

Still sporting the body kit. Waiting on the lead to come through. I just about ripped the front off pulling in the tag office.

The glare looks like I missed a spot. I had to double check when I saw it in the picture.

And my dog giving me the huh look.