Post YOUR Coupe here
By jefferydclark
#354148 cool setup. I'd have to agree with some other folks when saying the vtec engagement point seems a little low but it is what it is. from what I've read you can turn vtec off while on the dyno and do a full run then turn it on. at the power cross over is where you want to engage vtec.

the only thing that really matters is that you are happy with it though. I'd love to do a K swap some day. maybe if I can find a good deal ;0
By CopyLifted
jefferydclark wrote:cool setup. I'd have to agree with some other folks when saying the vtec engagement point seems a little low but it is what it is. from what I've read you can turn vtec off while on the dyno and do a full run then turn it on. at the power cross over is where you want to engage vtec.

the only thing that really matters is that you are happy with it though. I'd love to do a K swap some day. maybe if I can find a good deal ;0

Thanks! it is worth every penny!

The funny thing is, the other day I was having issues uploading my calibration because I wanted to lower my rev limiter and recalibrate my TPS. Since my motor starts losing power after 8,000 rpm, i didn't see the point at having the rev limiter at 8600.

So I got a hold of Vit to see if he had any ideas why it would not upload it. It wouldn't upload anything! So, he sends me the calibration again in case mine was corrupted somehow. He takes a look at it and tells me "I don't want vtec at 3500 anymore. Upload this one set at 3700". He didn't tell me why, but I won't question him lol.

BTW, that one wouldn't upload either. i thought maybe i had a firmware corruption and i was irratated. Thought i was going to have to drive my Black Civic to work, so I go fill it up. i get back and go inside to cool off for a bit. i decided to go try it again and it uploaded first try. lol

Anyway, all is well once again!

Also, I trust Vit knows what he is doing. Just today he re-set the 9th gen civic record at 11.28 driving Harry Sparks-Racing's 2012 Civic SI. Which he tuned as well. He also broke an axle the pass before that too lol.
By CopyLifted
#354170 Double post :thumbdown:
By CopyLifted
#355633 I'm still around, just been busy, busy, busy! Just want to update on a few things.

The car is still running GREAT with absolutely NO issues! Still my daily as well!

I have sold the Black GSR swapped '98 coupe as I don't drive it at all. Kind of sucks not having a back up car just in case, but I knew somebody that wanted it really bad so, I sold it to him. Went ahead and paid off my wifes van to cut that bill out of our lives!

I got some Nitto nt05's and that made a HUGE difference from a dig! I kept the ls webs from the '98 and mounted the pair on them. I only put them on during the weekends. I didn't take a pic of all of them on the car, but the rears have some potenza's that where already mounted on them. Surprised a 350z from a dig. And beat that SRT4 from a 35mph 2nd gear roll. Lost from a dig only because I had a brain fart and forgot to release my e-brake at launch lol. Running him down on the big end though.

Looking to upgrade my exhaust now to 3" as well. I'm going with 3" mandrel bent tubing, 3" Vibrant ultra quite resonator and a 3" Vibrant street power muffler. As for the header I'm going with the skunk2 Alpha series header. The reason for the skunk2 is my tuner recommended it. He's seen some really good gains with that header with the 3" exhaust on the k swaps with room to grow. I'll also be upgrading to a 3.5" intake when I go get a retune after the exhaust is in.

The header arrived last week. No time frame on when I'll be getting the rest of the exhaust though.

I have also got my full throttle shift feature in kpro working great. I used an OEM cruise control switch from an EX and mounted it where it would go if my car was equipped with cc (dx, no cc). Just removed the clutch stop/adjuster bolt at the top and threaded it in there all the way down as close as possible to clutch engagement. Just ran a wire from the spare switched 12v slot in the fuse box to the black wire, then ran a wire from the red wire of the switch to a fusible link then to E22 of the ecu.

I also had to check the "invert clutch switch input" because with the clutch out there is 12v. With the clutch in, 0v. Works as it should, but very hard to teach myself to keep my foot to the floor on the throttle when shifting lol. And these are the perimeters I set for FTS:

The other thing I have done was completely gut out my trunk. I can't bring myself to gut the car....yet. But with doing so, the car now weighs 2450 with me in it. Dropped 50lbs!

I think that is all for now. I'm probably forgetting something though. I'll update as I get around to the exhaust!
Last edited by CopyLifted on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By CopyLifted
#355634 I knew I forgot to update something!

I'm pretty sure I found the culprit to my hit and miss.....misshifts lol. One of my shifter cables is stretched! I'll be replacing those when I am able to. I would like to go with the k-tuned race spec cables but they are spendy! Gotta pay to play though right? :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#355654 just buy the K-tuned cables man. once you get over the sick feeling in your stomach from spending the money you will be glad you did :lol: :lol: :lol:
By CopyLifted
TrailerTrash wrote:just buy the K-tuned cables man. once you get over the sick feeling in your stomach from spending the money you will be glad you did :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh most definitely! I have had the sick feeling in my stomach with just about every purchase since I went K! But I don't regret it at all lol.

I want to spring for their billet shifter box too :hehe:
By FlopUrDonk
#356200 Nos!!! :headbang:

I don't know if u seen American touge. A guy with a k20 swapped eg spanked everything. That includes a supercharged nsx. Guess what I'm trying to say is your gonna have a beast. Nice work man.

Every time I see my eg I get that sick stomach feeling. Then I redline it and all is good.
By CopyLifted
#357683 A coupe weeks ago I got a new Acuity hall effect TPS and radiator fan. Also picked up a good teal hood, headlight and corner light and pulled the core support up and back the best I could. She's my daily once again. Still fighting with the insurance company a bit since they low balled me on their first offer. She will get fixed properly one way or another.

My grandson helping papa "fix" the vrooom vrooom!

By TrailerTrash
#357685 i hit a deer myself recently dude it sure does suck but at least you didnt let it stop you :thumb:

keep it up man