Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
#333616 **Read on through. K20A2 swapped!**

TL/DR version. The progression:

11/'15 hit a deer.

1/'16 Red Rocket 2.0!

Begin original post:

I've been lurking and learning for a bit on this forum and now decided to post my ride.

It's not much but progress is being made a little at a time.

Just a little bit of background first. I'm 42 and been a car guy my whole life. My main love is MoPar's and just Muscle cars in general. I have had many "old american" cars my whole life and a few imports. Anyway, when it came time to find a economical car (10 mpg in my '69 Plymouth Valiant just wasn't cutting it anymore lol) I knew I wanted a Honda Civic.

So, it came time to park the Plymouth (for a complete build) after 10 years of DD duties. That car is a soldier. Anyway, this is what I ended up with.

It's a '95 Civic DX with the gutless d15b7. This is how I got it:

Bought a wrecked '94 Integra for $300.

I was undecided for a while what to do with the Integra. Some of you may have seen the thread I made. I wanted to fix it but the damage was beyond my abilities with my current situation so I decided to part her out and use what I wanted.

Installed the rear discs from the Integra on the Civic

As well as the adjustable coil overs from the Integra. This is how she sits now.

I know it doesn't look much different, but it does to me. It sure does feel a lot different.

Near future plans are to drop the b18b1 from the Integra into the Civic

The transmission in the Integra was destroyed in the wreck

So, I scored an ls tranny for $200

I'm also going to install the "head lights on" chime and cruise control from the integra as well.

Distant future plans will be a b18c1. Maybe a h2b. Because this is my daily driver, it has to stay stock except a few bolt ons here and there.

And what the Integra looks like now

Well actually the spoiler, tail lights, head lights and interior are stripped of it as of now too.

I'll update as I progress.

One last crappy cell phone pic:

Read on through. K20A2 swapped!!
Last edited by CopyLifted on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
By eg-guy
#333632 Looks like a good start :thumb: I like your motor swap plans. My only suggestion, step down a size or two on the wheels.
By CopyLifted
eg-guy wrote:Looks like a good start :thumb: I like your motor swap plans. My only suggestion, step down a size or two on the wheels.

I'm a bit old school I guess. I remember when big wheels where the way to go lol.

Honestly though, I like the way these wheels look. I like the "filled" wheel well look.

Thanks for the comments. :thumb:
By kkarson
#333896 Car looks super clean! Keep it comin! :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#333903 i would black out the grill inserts, i think it'd make the car look wayyyy more aggressive.

otherwise, excellent plans so far! glwb :thumb:
By CopyLifted
kkarson wrote:Car looks super clean! Keep it comin! :thumb:

Thanks! :)

EH2_andy wrote:i would black out the grill inserts, i think it'd make the car look wayyyy more aggressive.

otherwise, excellent plans so far! glwb :thumb:

I agree! And will be done once I get a new bumper. The previous owner(s) put some aftermarket fog lights in the bumper and cut out the inner/outer grille section to do it. I will also be installing a lip as well.

My older brother is a paint and body guy and I've already talked to him about repainting her. To make it quick and easy, we'll be repainting her the original R-81-4. I'm undecided when that will happen though.

Other plans that I forgot to mention will be the usual GSR leather interior swap at some point. Either black or grey. just depends on what I find when I'm ready to do it. I'm also debating on a OEM style carbon fiber hood.

I'm about 1-2 weeks away from pulling the B18 from the Integra, install new timing belt, water pump, new clutch and dropping her in the Civic. I can't wait.

Will update when that time comes.
By CopyLifted
#334194 Just a little bit of progress was made today after work. I got the engine pulled from the Integra and sold the shell!

I bolted my civic rear drums in it so it can be rolled as well.

Now that it's out I will do the timing belt, water pump and clutch. As well as replacing the busted tranny of course.

Been working 6 days a week so I'm probably still a week or 2 out before I install it in the civic.

Getting closer slowly but surely I guess.

Oh, I HATE my work area lol.
By CopyLifted
#334398 Monday I installed a new timing belt, water pump and tensioner. Tuesday I installed new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, and throwout bearing. My $200 transmission has been bolted up as well. Hoping for the best on that tranny lol. I was told it was good, but you never know.

My brother does powder coating so I dropped the valve cover off with him and it has been blasted and ready to coat.

Before:

Pic I was sent just a couple hours ago after blasting it:

If everything goes my way, I'm hoping to drop it in Saturday. If not, it will have to wait until next weekend.

:hehe:

Edit:

My brother just sent me a pic of the valve cover finished!

By CopyLifted
#334677 Another update.

It's in and runs great. I've only driven it a couple of times and I like it. My cheapo craigslist tranny shifts perfectly. No grinds, pop outs or noises.

The only problem is the flange gasket blew out already. I used the full exhaust out of the Integra but It's still just a little too short. I'll just take it to an exhaust shop and have them do what they have to do to square it all away.

By eg-guy
#334700 Awesome update :thumb: How you liking the extra power?
By FG2_Andrew
#334703 not really feeling the 3 different colors of red in the bay. i think black would be much more fitting. or gray. or blue.

congrats on getting her running though.
By Punksz6
#334713 Love the work you have done and continue to do. Can't wait to see more! :thumb:
By CopyLifted
eg-guy wrote:Awesome update :thumb: How you liking the extra power?

Today was my first "true" drive with her as my daily again and I gotta say, I LOVE IT! What a HUGE difference! I can't keep my foot out of it. lol

FG2_Andrew wrote:not really feeling the 3 different colors of red in the bay. i think black would be much more fitting. or gray. or blue.

congrats on getting her running though.

Thanks!

And yeah, I'm not really digging the three shades either lol. It was the only red my brother had though for the valve cover and it looks AWESOME in person. The intake was a left over from the d15 and I wasn't going to use the ugly one from the Integra until something was done with it. Probably going to have it powder coated metallic black.

I'm not sure what i am going to do with the strut bar yet.

Punksz6 wrote:Love the work you have done and continue to do. Can't wait to see more! :thumb:

Thanks!

I'm probably going to attack the suspension next. :)
By CopyLifted
#335551 Just another small update. Progress has slowed a bit due to work and the fact that this thing appears to be reliable and FUN to drive! So far, with the b18, I have driven it 1,463 miles already as of this post lol. Work is a 60+ mile round trip drive though.

Anyway, I have installed my new Yonaka axle back today. I didn't even think to get pics of it before I installed it. I'll install the rest when I have time as the "B" pipe needs to be lengthened.

I love it! It's not loud or "fart" raspy like the muffler I used from the Integra lol. It's pretty awesome actually for the price. My only issue with it is the tip sticks out farther than I'd like it to. I'll get that fixed when I lengthen the other pipe. Add a little here, take out a little there......lol

Don't laugh at the bumper "stitch" job lol. Previous owners work. It's on the "to replace" list when I get serious about painting the car.

No pics but I have also installed a new 4-1 header and I have everything I need for A/C except the p7j or p54 A/C bracket. Can't seem to find one local.

Speaking of the old Integra......Got some pics the other day from the guy that bought it. Seems he has been busy working on it and got it fixed! I knew it could be but I didn't have the resources at the time.

He has dropped a b18a1 in it, new wheels and is in the process of painting it. Not the route I would have went with it, but to each his own. A car guy is a car guy through and through. I must admire and respect his dedication to a car that I wrote off as junk.which I'm sure 95% would have as well.

Sorry about the book. I like to ramble. Until next time!!
By TrailerTrash
#335553 coming along nicely!

love the color :lol: