Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
EconoBox wrote:Just keep an eye on your plugs when you start spraying it. The side feed throttle (stock) manifolds have a tendency to not always disperse the nitrous evenly. If you find one cylinder running lean or rich you may benefit from switching to the direct port. I had to do that on my old H22. That said there are several local guys running 150 shot single fogger kits on K20s with zero issues. So you should have a ton of fun with this setup.

Yeah, I will be keeping an eye on that for sure. Although I may not even spray this k20a2. I may just wait until I have my new motor ready. I'm not sure to be honest. I do plan on picking up another RBC and sending it out to get ported. He will also add direct port bungs, and that is the plan when that time comes. I also love hearing about 150 shot k's with no issues!

I got my PRB head back from the machine shop.

I have the head sitting on the block with an old head gasket. Waiting on when I can afford some Supertech dual valve springs and some Drag Cartel stage 4 cams. Then I will be claying the motor to check my p2v clearances and lock the vtc gear accordingly. Undecided if I am going to degree the cams. Well, the exhaust cam actually since I will be retaining vtc functionality.

And just roughly mocked up with the valve cover lol. This motor is 3 "firsts" for me. First time building a 4 cylinder (I've rebuilt a few though). First time building a motor on the floor. And first time building one in my house lmao!

By CopyLifted
#359201 Went to the Import Face Off in Woodburn over the weekend and ran for the very first time. Not bad for a stock k20a2 in a coupe spinning out of the hole!

I red lighted on both of my fastest passes lol. It was during test and tune on Saturday so I wasn't worried about it. Was cutting some great lights though with my best being a .016 reaction time. On Sunday during the brackets, first round, I staged a little deeper than I had been and red lighted. Oh well, I had a BLAST! Burned up my clutch though haha. My fastest trap speed was 105.70 mph!

Slicks and a new clutch should put me in the 12's easily. I have yet to get a retune on nitrous. That will be a whole different ball game lol
By CopyLifted
#359233 Thanks guys! I was pretty amazed myself! I made mistakes and there are things that need to be changed before i go back. my trap speeds are pretty impressive though. They tell me the car has 12.8's maybe even 12.6's in her if I can hook at the line. Will be looking to pick up some 23x8x13 slicks at some point and running a smaller wheel in the back lol. I can't wait to do it again!
By CopyLifted
#359512 Made some progress on my new motor last weekend.

ARP head studs......

Installed k20a2 head with Supertech 92lb dual valve springs.......

Rockers installed as well as some Drag Cartel stage 4 cams. Clayed the motor and found my p2v clearances, VTC limited to 30 degrees.......

And then.......

Coming together slowly but surely. I think the wife is a little annoyed that I'm using a small corner in the house lol.
By EconoBox
#361325 Can't wait for some updates! Just picked up an EG and a K swap can't wait to see how it feels (I use to have a 238whp H22 swap so I'm guessing similar)
By CopyLifted
EconoBox wrote:Can't wait for some updates! Just picked up an EG and a K swap can't wait to see how it feels (I use to have a 238whp H22 swap so I'm guessing similar)

Yeah, it will be similar at that power level. Although the k series just seems to have a different feel imo. Fun even stock. And so much potential.
By CopyLifted
#361568 I bought a new RBC manifold and a K-Tuned 72mm TB and had SBSperformance port the runners and match port the TB opening. Amazing work! If things go right, my plan is to finally have the new k24/k20 build in this summer. We'll see though...

By CopyLifted
#425426 Slowly but surely still collecting parts.

My ported RBC and K-Tuned 72mm is in hand.

Competition Clutch 11.5lb flywheel. Since it's still going to be my daily, i don't need anything crazy lightweight lol.

Clutch Masters FX350 clutch and pressure plate.

Pair of 225/50 MT ET Street R's to play around with on the weekends.

949 Racing 6UL's 15x8 +36 Tungsten finish. I bought 6 (4 for daily 2 to mount the drag radials) and I received 4 the other day (took 2 months to get them due to being back ordered) and the other 2 are back ordered until June lol. Beautiful wheels! And only 11.5lbs!

Things I didn't take pictures of are: Insane Shaft 500hp axles and a set of 205/50/15 Nitto Neogens mounted on my ls webs for daily use.

And last but not least, just chillin' looking so nice......and then there's that water pump housing......lol.

By TrailerTrash
#6906903 that shifter looks SWEET :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: