Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
#359004 Thanks guys!

No, I did not paint it myself. A buddy did it for me. I helped where I could, but he did all the spraying.

I do have the nitrous installed and ready to go, but I have been side tracked with another project (see below). I just need to install my new exhaust, fill the bottle and have vit retune/tune on nitrous. Of course I will be putting my Deatschwerks 1000cc fuel injectors in when I get there :wink:

I hope these updates will get ya'll up to speed on my never ending, but slow, build.

Bottle mounted and plumbed

Solenoid installed and plumbed and wired to ecu (Kpro). Going dry shot, so the fuel solenoid not plumbed.

Arming switch installed and wired to ecu (Kpro).

Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors

And now for the project that has been keeping me busy and not getting my new 3" exhaust and nitrous completed. K24a4 block, 88mm bore, Wiseco forged 12.5:1 pistons, Manley forged H beam rods, ACL bearings, new PORTED Type S oil pump and windage tray, new oil pump chain + guide, new timing chain and timing chain guides, new timing chain tensioner, and lower HPT timing chain guide.

My engine stand is occupied so I've been working on my floor in my room as seen in the last few pics lol. Which is actually for the best because my shed is damp and cold. Much better indoors where is warm and safe lol. Do whatcha gotta do!

Until next time!
By CopyLifted
EconoBox wrote:I like where this is going...

Are you running a single nozzle or direct port dry?

Currently just a single nozzle. Depending on the direction I go, I will probably go direct port when I get the RBC manifold ported. That's if I stay with the RBC manifold. I didn't get a pic because it's actually not installed into the intake tube yet. I have a 3.5" intake tube to put on when I put my new exhaust in. I'll do it then.

Picked up a k20a2 head the other day and dropped it off at the machine shop to have it resurfaced. I could have used the one on my current engine, but it runs so damn good, I want to keep it intact as much as possible. Who knows what's going to happen with this new motor lol.
By EconoBox
#359055 Just keep an eye on your plugs when you start spraying it. The side feed throttle (stock) manifolds have a tendency to not always disperse the nitrous evenly. If you find one cylinder running lean or rich you may benefit from switching to the direct port. I had to do that on my old H22. That said there are several local guys running 150 shot single fogger kits on K20s with zero issues. So you should have a ton of fun with this setup.
By CopyLifted
EconoBox wrote:Just keep an eye on your plugs when you start spraying it. The side feed throttle (stock) manifolds have a tendency to not always disperse the nitrous evenly. If you find one cylinder running lean or rich you may benefit from switching to the direct port. I had to do that on my old H22. That said there are several local guys running 150 shot single fogger kits on K20s with zero issues. So you should have a ton of fun with this setup.

Yeah, I will be keeping an eye on that for sure. Although I may not even spray this k20a2. I may just wait until I have my new motor ready. I'm not sure to be honest. I do plan on picking up another RBC and sending it out to get ported. He will also add direct port bungs, and that is the plan when that time comes. I also love hearing about 150 shot k's with no issues!

I got my PRB head back from the machine shop.

I have the head sitting on the block with an old head gasket. Waiting on when I can afford some Supertech dual valve springs and some Drag Cartel stage 4 cams. Then I will be claying the motor to check my p2v clearances and lock the vtc gear accordingly. Undecided if I am going to degree the cams. Well, the exhaust cam actually since I will be retaining vtc functionality.

And just roughly mocked up with the valve cover lol. This motor is 3 "firsts" for me. First time building a 4 cylinder (I've rebuilt a few though). First time building a motor on the floor. And first time building one in my house lmao!

By CopyLifted
#359201 Went to the Import Face Off in Woodburn over the weekend and ran for the very first time. Not bad for a stock k20a2 in a coupe spinning out of the hole!

I red lighted on both of my fastest passes lol. It was during test and tune on Saturday so I wasn't worried about it. Was cutting some great lights though with my best being a .016 reaction time. On Sunday during the brackets, first round, I staged a little deeper than I had been and red lighted. Oh well, I had a BLAST! Burned up my clutch though haha. My fastest trap speed was 105.70 mph!

Slicks and a new clutch should put me in the 12's easily. I have yet to get a retune on nitrous. That will be a whole different ball game lol
By CopyLifted
#359233 Thanks guys! I was pretty amazed myself! I made mistakes and there are things that need to be changed before i go back. my trap speeds are pretty impressive though. They tell me the car has 12.8's maybe even 12.6's in her if I can hook at the line. Will be looking to pick up some 23x8x13 slicks at some point and running a smaller wheel in the back lol. I can't wait to do it again!
By CopyLifted
#359512 Made some progress on my new motor last weekend.

ARP head studs......

Installed k20a2 head with Supertech 92lb dual valve springs.......

Rockers installed as well as some Drag Cartel stage 4 cams. Clayed the motor and found my p2v clearances, VTC limited to 30 degrees.......

And then.......

Coming together slowly but surely. I think the wife is a little annoyed that I'm using a small corner in the house lol.
By EconoBox
#361325 Can't wait for some updates! Just picked up an EG and a K swap can't wait to see how it feels (I use to have a 238whp H22 swap so I'm guessing similar)
By CopyLifted
EconoBox wrote:Can't wait for some updates! Just picked up an EG and a K swap can't wait to see how it feels (I use to have a 238whp H22 swap so I'm guessing similar)

Yeah, it will be similar at that power level. Although the k series just seems to have a different feel imo. Fun even stock. And so much potential.