Post YOUR Coupe here
By jefferydclark
#339958 don't you just hate dealing with engine bays? I hated every second of my tuck/shave and i'm about to pull the engine and make it better for 2014. do you plan on pulling the panel bond stuff off the seams and welding the panels together or are you just gonna rock that stuff? i'm asking because I left it alone when I did mine 2 years ago and now i'm going to pull that stuff out.
By brandoff88
#340259 sorry for the late reply I have since packed up the civic for winter, I have less than favorable conditions to work on her so I decided to treat my pick up to some attention, had it since Feb of this year and not one problem yet :thumb: and I was wondering about that, do you think it would be safe to remove the sealer and weld or what? Im all for style and personality but I need some safety lol.. I think it looks like shit right now but I don't want my panels to fall apart if I take it off lol
By jefferydclark
#340266 most people take it off and weld the seams then grind them smooth. i'll be doing the same thing but I have to get off my ass and get my engine out. if I get to that point before you finish yours i'll be sure to post pictures of how it goes. i'm not a big fan of the panel bond at all...whoever did my car at the factory did a horrible job. it looks like they rubbed it on with a paint brush.
By teal_dx
#340411 Seeing those pics brought me back to 2006 when I did my shave tuck and what a long nightmare it was. They sure do look great when finished though - it will be worth it :thumb: :thumb:
By brandoff88
#340441 haha sounds good dude, I don't have a welder yet and its still butt fuck cold here, but around late jan to late feb I should have a LOT more updates. I think the seam sealer looks like ass too, especially for what im trying to do, but like teal said, it will def be worth it in the end, and thanks for the encouragement guys!
By pkaewthong34
#341022 Have you fix the core support yet ? I'm plan to fix my in couple month
By brandoff88
#341131 hey sorry for the late reply, I have since put the project on hold due to unfavorable conditions of the winter weather, I hope to have accrued enough funding to either buy a welder or take it to a friends uncles body shop by the end of february :thumb:
By brandoff88
#342353 sadly this thread can be locked, but I would like it left for imformative purposes, I bought a new coupe and will be stripping this one for parts to use and sell and probably sell the shell.
By Uknterror
#342364 Aww why the change? All that work
By brandoff88
#342369 I don't have the tools or time necessary to bring the car to its full potential, im keeping my swap in case the mini me in my ej1 goes and whatever other parts I can use, but im probably going to sell it as a rolling project...it would have cost me just as much to fix and paint the car than it would have to buy this one, and its already pretty much what I wanted
By Uknterror
#342374 Makes sense, just all that effort lol. I can understand tho, I pretty much scrapped my project after 2 years build and some coin behind it, never got anywhere.