Post YOUR Coupe here
By brandoff88
#334437 I know right, well I ordered some more parts for the bay, I got a new radiator and fan, and also a 40 piece kit of dress up washers and bolts in anodized red :thumb: AND...to match that i got an anodized red oil cap to replace my poorly painted one :lol: also debating what lip I wanna get... will post some pics up when the parts arrive
By brandoff88
#334438 also does anyone know of a cheap and relatively easy way to fix my core support, its kinda jank...I have hood pins and cables for it, but the latch and everything got mangled so I thres it out...any help or tips would be great :thumb:
By pkaewthong34
#335908 my latch went out yesterday so i end up switch to hood pin ( for now ) i dont drive much either but ur look nice so far .. i wish i got more time to sand and prep my car for paint soon ... Cheap hood pin for pepboy for now lol
By pkaewthong34
#335909 talk about thermostat .. i need to get one soon
By brandoff88
#336968 I said fuck it and decided I wasn't giving up, so I ordered my new core support instead of weather stripping, figured it wasn't comin out till spring anyway lol. I have a renewed vigor and will get up and updated spec list and to do list sometime this weekend hopefully
By pkaewthong34
#337447 just keep working on it ... took me a month to get mine run properly . i was like ef this at the moment
By brandoff88
#337680 its been almost 2 years, and this is the second build thread for this car, im doing it again because I made some noob mistakes lol, but im figuring it out as I go, built not bought all day baby!

still trying to figure out my core support issue, got a new one, but no welder... :( still finishing up wiring and what not hopefully going to get goin on this damn thing soon
By pkaewthong34
#337687 I have the same problem on the core support . Lol
By brandoff88
#337710 got some stuff done today, pics to follow

started tearing apart and sorting out this mess

Gunna replace this with ss line

also took that braket off for the hard line

also sorting out this mess

also deleted fuel filter in favor of converting to inline filter shortly

next paycheck should yield the clutch line and inline fuel filter/adapter and hopefully carpet. going to see if I can get anywhere on the core support as well
By brandoff88
#337888 managed to get some work done today

doin it legit style

lots of work ahead

finally got around to sanding down the valve cover

workin on dat ass to put it all together

still a work in progess

my oh so fucked up core support

and my progress on the bay thus far

overall coming along nicely, still stripping the bay and planning ahead for the core support swap, then I can paint the bay, trying to get body work done and all that sealed up so I can finish the interior before winter then its just a few more things :thumb: thanks for the support and encouragement everyone, have a good day!
By TrailerTrash
#337902 keep it up :thumb:
By brandoff88
#338094 thanks guys, im almost finished stripping and sanding the front half of the bay, then when the new support gets put on, ima take the engine out and finish it up and then weld all the little holes and shit..probably goin to keep the battery and fuse box in the same spot, and most likely the hairlines for the brakes, unless anyone has used ss braided and left the proportioning valve in the stock location?

will try to get pic tonight or tomorrow, im home for lunch but don't get off till 11pm sooo yeah..depends how tired I am lol
By brandoff88
#338127 did some more work today

trying to finish stripping that horrible thing the previous owner called a paint job, and in the last pic of the trunk area, I still haven't wet sanded the paint, waiting for it to fully cure then I will clear it.

finishing up the trunk seal area

anyone know what I should do with the seam sealer in the bay? should I remove it all and reseal it with seam sealer, or leave it and clean it up and paint over it?
By brandoff88
#338216 did some more work the last couple days, more to come when the engine is pulled, waiting for a friend to help steady the motor as it comes out :thumb:

I think in most areas this is as good as it gets, going to get a wire wheel attachment to get the rest

had a bit of cancer in an unexpected area, lucky for me it was only surface rust(3 areas down to metal)

decided to keep the proportioning valve there and do all ss braided lines, gunna have to do some measuring first lol

overall idea of how far I am, almost ready to yank the engine/trans, to finish it all up and get her started on the mild shave and finish my tuck

not done yet but once everythings out i can finish up the prep in the bay. thanks for looking guys and have a good day!