Post YOUR Coupe here
By brandoff88
#331385 Well decided to start a new build thread, with permission of course, to follow along with version 2 of the build for my coupe. She wasn't where I wanted her and NO where near what she deserved to be. so the tear down has begun, motor and drivetrain are staying the same. I have decided to go full tuck with a mild shave, along with all ss braided brake/clutch lines.

Current Specs:

ENGINE:
jdm d15b vtec with ex/si 5 speed trans (black on black) roughly 35k
no name d series header 4-2-1 design
rs type high flow cat
option racing full cat back 2 1/4"
new oem fuel filter
spectre sri with red spectre filter
spectre VC filter (red)
VMS 10.2 mm racing wires (red)
new ngk vpower plugs
stock honda valve cover - VHT wrinkle black (new vc gasket/sp O-rings)

BAY:

new brake master cylinder
new clutch master/slave cylinder
new ss braided clutchline (master to slave) black
40 piece red anodized dress up washer kit
anodized red aluminum radiator stay
anodized red oil cap
new dual core aluminum radiator w/red electric fan combo

INTERIOR:

newish back seats from other eg
hurst short shifter
black and red seat covers
dual brand cd player (cheap yet effective)
lightning audio 6x9 speakers in back, stock in front

EXTERIOR:

new oem antenna block off kit
new oem hood
new oem fenders
used oem wingless trunk
used oem driver door
used oem back bumper
Spoon style mirrors (not installed yet)
SOHC VTEC decals - white (not installed yet)
black housing headlights (not installed yet)
amber corners (not installed yet)
50/50 red and clear tails (not installed yet)

SUSPENSION:

H&R lowering springs
dont know what shocks i have

WHEELS/TIRES:

FINALLY got 4 matching steelies!
Last edited by brandoff88 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.
By brandoff88
#331386 First OFFICIAL update for 2.0 thread:

got the carpet all stripped, it was nasty as shit.

Engine bay as of right now

Decided to do the prep work necessary for a good paint job

Got the nasty shit out

Trunk full of random parts and whatnot

PAIN IN THE ASS to remove without breaking it

All the little things getting replaced

Managed not to break any clips so far :thumb:

And last but not least a pic of my work area
By eg-guy
#331389 Engine bay turned out good. Do work.
By brandoff88
#331395 it went from 99 percent to that in 3 days...lots of tedious work, and I gotta get the new ignition in too so that I can start it with a key and not a screwdriver lol. some future plans after I get new seals and trim are to work on the side skirts and mud guards, then after that I will start on the interior, then finish the body work. my main concern now is suspension and breaks, gotta get new rotors/pads and uca/lca with ball joints and an energy suspension bushing kit, and I am going to get a new manual rack as this one seems to have some slop in it...
By brandoff88
#331556 Another update today. I finally got around to putting the other half of my exhaust on and changed out the flat tire, boy does she pur, gets a little raspy after like 4000 though, so I might get a different muffler and replace the cheap 30 dollar high flow cat. also need to find a better header as the cheap one I got made the exhaust a little hard to put on due to it being at a werid angle for some reason...on a better note I did finally figure out my idle issue..the damn valve cover I had on there got warped somehow and was leaking so bad. so I decided to use air craft stripper and repaint the old one and went ahead and put on a new vc gasket and spark plug tube seals, and now she idles right at about 800 rpm where she should...kinda odd that that would be an issue, and I still haven't gotten around to bleeding the coolant system...but now I have a new issue....when I flip my heater on all my lights dim and the car struggles to stay running good, still runs just a little rough...maybe because I haven't set ignition timing? I have a few little tweaks to do still, my brake light wont go off, maybe that's due to the brake system not having any fluid but Im not sure yet and my cluster is completely dead...except all the lights, it wont light up....the lights for check engine, oil, trunk all work, probably the damn dimmer switch, was having intermittent issues long before I blew the motor so maybe that's an issue. im going to take a few pics right now and post the ones from last night, so be back shortly.
Last edited by brandoff88 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By brandoff88
#331557 phase 1 of vc refresh

phase 2

phase 3

somewhat finished product

a better look at the body work I have been doing

im so happy that im pretty much done with everything mechanical and now its just looks and whatnot, except the suspension, hopefully going to order a couple parts to start my suspension rebuild tonight. also took her for a quick test drive this morning up and down the ally, aside from the heater issue she ran great even without the ignition timing set, just gotta dial her in even more, and excuse the dusty car, its been sitting for a couple weeks as I have been working a lot lol.
By brandoff88
#331579 small update: ordered some spoon style mirrors, as I like the look better than the oem ones, should look good, and for 25 bucks cant beat it, gunna wait till the next paycheck to order front suspension kit from 1aauto, moneys a little tight right now, also got another surprise coming as well for when I paint my car, gunna leave that a surprise till it gets here :wink:
By brandoff88
#331801 did a lot of work today on the car, first got my new parts in :thumb: and second did some major updates to wiring, let the pictures flow.

the spoon style mirrorsImage

the surprise I ordered, gotta represent the single jingle :hehe:

a little work later

later still

starting on the other side

general idea of where I want to run them

sorting this mess out as well

how shes sittin now

all in all im pleased with progress so far, just gotta rewrap the wires and reinstall the dash and whatnot, but that should keep me busy till next week when I get paid and can order the front suspension, then I can start tearing into that. that's about it for now, maybe try to get some more wiring work done when the wife gets home. have a great day everyone!
By brandoff88
#331813 got some more work done when the wife got home

sort of a "rough draft"

another "rough draft"

you guessed it... another "rough draft"

pretty much the mock up

aside from being dirty (which im going to fix) looking pretty good so far I think

that's where I left off today...probably work on the drivers side tomorrow
thanks for lookin!
By dannyb358
#331899 that looks amazing, want to do a wire tuck but have no idea wot i'm doing :hehe:
By brandoff88
#332019 It can get confusing, my part was where to run everything without having to hack up the harness, haven't had to modify anything yet :thumb: still working on the drivers side as its a bit more of a pain, but on a better note, finally got my damn license back today, after 8 months of dealing with this bullshit I got it back. :hehe:
By Punksz6
#332232 Nice work man, coming along really good. Can't wait to see it done. :thumb:
By brandoff88
#332251 I know me too, I had to hold off for about a month so I could pay for my license and insurance and pay back the father in law for some things but hopefully the next few checks will hold some sweet updates :hehe:
By brandoff88
#332893 did some work today will get pictures up as im finishing up a few things, just took a break to eat some food lol.
By brandoff88
#332914 the supplies:

what wont we do for our loves

what I started off with this

started looking like this

this is pretty much where I left off

hopefully gunna finish this little project up in a week so I can start on the interior painting and order some carpet...then its more body work, and probably suspension and brakes after that. looking to have all this done by the end of july, then start on some other things