Post YOUR Coupe here
By MHG
#323074 Due to a ton of work at my office, i haven't been able to do some work on the civic. On the 23rd an 24th of december, I continued with the wire-tuck on the driverside. Also tucked the wires to the BMC and roughly put the conversion harness in place.

It must have been a X-mas miracle. On the 27th of december, I had done something to the car or the motor every day for the last four days. Yesterday i stripped down the K20, so i can clean it and get it ready for some paint. Just need to clean off the really dirty pieces and maybe spray the first layers of paint this weekend.

On the 29th, i took some time to work on our daily. When that was done, i went out and bought a few wired brushes for the drill and cleaned up the K some more.

On the 30th i did a few little things, like degrease the K and replace the trans to bellhousing bolts with polished ones.

Today i fired up the heat in the garage, did the last bit of degreasing and taped up everything that shouldn't be painted on the K. Then i shot about 3 coates of dark grey heat resistant paint.

Just need to paint and mount al the loose engine components, change the clutch and mount the trans.
By MHG
#325519 Today i shot the clear coat on the engine, starter and tensioner and put 2 coats of color on the intake manifold. Also put the painted VC on along with the hamp oil filter, to see how it will look in the end.

Next up, is to clear the intake and gearbox, fit the clutch and pressure plate and marry the engine and gearbox again.
By kylenjdm93
#325547 any plans on getting rid of the 2 tone paint job? some people like it, some people dont.

kswaps are the vag of the honda world, a nice tight fit in your bay, then you ride it hard all day long and put it away wet wanting more the next day, havent driving mine in 4 months, too cold and nasty outside here, its finally reaching 50degrees outside. yaya!
By MHG
#325549 No plans on getting rid of the 2tone. I still like it very much.
By MHG
#327647 I stripped my engine harness from all the oem plastic and tape. I'm not going to tuck it, just going to make it a bit nicer and find a nicer way to wrap it around the engine.

I replaced the hardware that mounts the passengerside mount to the engine. Also removed the studs on top and replaced them with nice shiny bolts.

Same goes for the driverside mount bracket. Removed the studs and replaced them with new bolts.

I figured the polished look of the hasport mounts would look a bit off, because i have nothing else polished in the engine bay. So i did a try on plastidippen the hasport mounts. This is the result for the driverside mount.
By MHG
#328255 Last wednesday i installed the plastidipped rear- and passengerside-mount.

Yesterday i pressure cleaned the non-ps subframe and steering rack. Also installed a new headlight in the Accord again. Somehow the passenger side light couldn't be adjusted in the right way, so I installed headlight no. 3 since the accident.

Today I painted the alternator. I had been putting this off, because it is a very tedious job. First of all, I taped up the pulley and the electrical components. Then I used pieces of paper towel to fill up the holes and cover the internal components.

Next up a few coates of color and clear.

A couple of weeks ago I already painted the IM and TB. Before i could re-route the wiring, I had to install the IM. So I installed the IM, the Hondata gasket and my K-tuned Fuel rail to keep the injectors in place. The wiring now runs over the VC, along side one of the heater hoses to the under side of the IM. The lose wires under the TB are for the charge harness en the sensor in the intake tube. I'm not sure how i'm going to route them.

Sorted out the rear and taped it together to my liking.
By Trix
#328256 ahhh didnt know they made rice in blue haha, but i like the motor and thats all im going to say
By MHG
#328262 People are always afraid of something out of the ordinairy. At least my civic will stand out at a meet, unlike the jdm-looking civic's. Most of the time they all look the same. At least over here they do.

Oh, and my civic is green not blue.
By Trix
#328266 didnt no they made rice in green then lol, but still paint, bodykit and dual exhaust on a civic is not my taste, dont want to go fast standing still or stand out and get pulled over just bc i look fast
By MHG
#336217 I didn't do much, since the last update. Mainly been searching for the parts i'm still in need of. Also been busy refurbishing the rear brakes and put the gas tank back in place.

I did the brake lines from the BMC to the balancer with goodrige fittings and braided lines. The lines are going straight down and then behind the steering column. They will go into the cabin at the beginning of the exhaust tunnel, where the balancer will be mounted behind the center console.

Last monday, when i was at work, my phone rings and my father in law calls me to tell me, we will have the engine back in before the end of the weekend. I was like: wait, what?!?!?!?!

In total we did about 3 hours of work on friday night and a last few little things this afternoon but it's in!

Thanks for reading.
By Punksz6
#336288 Very Nice Work. I Wanna see more. :thumb: