Post YOUR Coupe here
By lj2k13
#325998 Hey guys (: I'm new to the forums and I wanted my first post to be about my new white 1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe. My parents wanted me to get a car so my dad and I have been searching on Craigslist for some time 'til we found this! Almost completely stock and manual, it has a couple dings here 'n there and needs to be cleaned up. Also has aftermarket rims. The interior is nice though, very clean! Car has the stock D16Z6 Vtec engine inside along with a (unknown brand) cold air intake, and an upgraded clutch. My dad and I are currently starting to put work into this car. The first minor things we plan to do are:
  • Repair Garnish Parts
  • Remove Pinstripes
  • Clean and wax windows
  • Shampoo/Vacuum Interior
  • Attempt To Fix Dings
  • Paint And Clean Exterior

This is the kind of first car I always wanted!
If anyone has some tips or advice about working on these kind of cars for the first time, please let me know!
Last edited by lj2k13 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kylenjdm93
#326006 Image

wow that is one clean engine bay! :woot:

hers a wonderful tip for you

take your time with the car! does your father have experience with automotive? or autobody and paint?

its always exciting to see a father and son project! kudos to your father

excellent job finding that clean of a 93 civic

check under the rear quarter panels above the rear tires for rust under there, this is were i would tackle first if i was going to do body work anyway

if you plan on swapping that single cam engine out for another one i would start putting together a little list of what i would need and start slowly purchasing them piece by piece

the d16z6 engines are awesome and alot of fun, ive ridden in some fast single cam engines!

as far as removing that pinstriping...

Heatgun or hairdryer. Goof off, 3m adhesive remover, or something similar to remove any adhesive residue.

Whatever you use on the residue, it should remove easily. If what you're using is having a hard time dissolving or removing the residue,
If hair dryer and adhesive remover don't work (stubborn pin striping) try either plastic razor blades or my personal favorite, eraser pad on a drill.

129966 miles are noting for a civic... :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#326008 oh and what city do you live in washington? im around in yakima

i have some spare engine parts and sensors if you want to buy them from me ill give you a good deal
By lj2k13
kylenjdm93 wrote:take your time with the car! does your father have experience with automotive? or autobody and paint?

Thank you! My dad says he has a little experience, but I know he knows what he's doing :p I see potential in this car and am very excited ! We're probably not going to do any kind of engine swapping, but that might be a personal project of mine in the far future. We were actually going to get parts and that eraser pad for the drill today and see how that goes :P
kylenjdm93 wrote:oh and what city do you live in washington? im around in yakima

Ohh we live out in Spanaway near Tacoma :p thank you ! We will definitely consider it if we ever need anything (:
By TrailerTrash
#326022 awww dude im so jealous :(

freakin nice!

white coupes :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
By stubrun
#326023 I want an ej1 :( looks sweet mate!
By lj2k13
#326062 Hey thanks guys! (: we just got it registered finally after having to get an emissions test -_-
By lj2k13
#327125 Sorry for the double post guys, but time for an update!
Here are some pics of the body and interior:

If you notice the first pic, that part of the trunk is missing because it had bad paint chips and it was bent a little bit so we took it out and have sanded and primed it, almost ready for paint. Tomorrow we are going to attempt to fix these slow moving windows and attempt to fix the locks on the door because the door locks are very hard to unlock... Plan after is to remove the dents n dings, sand and prime the whole car and get a paint job! Thinking about champion white but unsure for now.. it is frost white at the moment.
All pinstripes have been removed and I debadged it since the sticker was already starting to peel off..

The whole trunk's been redone

The whole interior's been cleaned
By lj2k13
#331646 Bumping my old topic here..
It's been a while but finally been prepping for a paint job! I'm really excited and hopefully this turns out nice. Anyone else have some experience with their painted car?

By lj2k13
iSpeed wrote:good job! post results!!! sticking with the frost white? or going to do something else?

Thanks ! I really want premium white pearl thats on the new CRZ and type s rsx. It looks so beautiful to me in person ! 8)