Post YOUR Coupe here
By strykr
#323687 Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Black '95 EJ2 for only $500 locally from an older man who's wife left him and he no longer needed it. The car is completely stock minus the missing stereo which I figure he had a aftermarket deck in there at one point. Theres a little rust in the rear quaters, but I will be cutting them out and welding new panels in.

I have been working on honda/acura's for years now. This is my first honda, I also have a '94 Integra LS sitting in my driveway which had seen better days, after it getting broken into, damaged from idiots then the motor finally dying I gave up on restoring her as it would have cost more then it was worth. But on the bright side my LS will be donating several parts over to the EJ2.

After picking up the car and getting almost to the house the car decided the headgasket wanted to start letting go, so I towed her to my house so I could fix the headgasket.

My current plan is to replace the headgasket on the D15B7 just to be able to drive the car will its getting worked on, then once I have it running good I will be doing a Mini-me swap.

So as of right now my list of things to do are:
- Replace head gasket
- Replace front bumper (previous owner hit something)
- Front lip
- Antenna Delete Plate
- Replace headlights w/Blackhousing
- Rear disk conversion
- Coilovers or Koni Yellow/GC
- Window tints
- 15" Rota Slips
- Window Visor/Deflectors
- Install Moates Demon on P75 ECU

Sorry for the snow pictures, when spring gets here Ill replace them.
Last edited by strykr on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Punksz6
#323743 nice start :thumb:
By strykr
#323749 Cant wait till the snow is gone or I get a good warm day. Got a lot of things to do to it and its bugging me that I cant..
By strykr
#328588 Well the weather here is starting to get warmer (other then this week lol) so I will be placing my order in to get parts to rebuild the block after I get a Z6 head.

Hopefully get a chance this weekend to stop at the pick n pull to find a front bumper, rear bumper, cluster w/tach, and Z6 head.
By strykr
#330245 Well I got a bit of work done on the car over the weekend.

- The IACV was unplugged which was causing my idle issues.
- A bunch of fuses that were the wrong Amp and blown, one of which was the condenser fan fuse and I had to ghetto rig the wires to run full-time to get home when I bought her.
- The previous owner removed the CEL bulb so that the light wouldn't be on when I bought it and is only throwing a code for the Primary O2 Heater.
- Found out that the quarters were improperly "repaired" using Dondo/plastered then painted over without removing the rust. :x
- Factory stereo connector was cut off and his pioneer or sony harness was soldered
- There is a complete wiring mess in the interior fuse area and cut wires, he probably had a alarm or remote starter (I have some random receiver above the rear view mirror with no labeling) and a couple unconnected speaker wires in front of the strut tower
- When I turn the keys to the off position the car continues to run until I hit the brake full in (I think its related to the above paragraph)
- I think the odometer was tampered with, there is cut markers on one of the wheels.
- The battery wont hold a charge (need to put it on a charger to see if its still serviceable)
- One of the air vents is broken (looks like he used a hammer on it)
- Got a very faint ticking sound coming from just left of the block (hopefully not in the transmission)
- The clutch needs to be bled.

Maintence/Repair needing to be done:
- Need a coolant flush and new thermostat
- Need a new power steering belt, alt belt and probably timing belt
- Possibly headgasket (will be doing a compression test)
- Fuel filter
- Badly needs an oil change!!
- Replace the muffler
- Wiper switch is broken
- Need a front windshield
- Replace both bumpers and passenger door
- Fix rust on rear quarters :roll:

These are just some of the issues, I will be very busy it seems for the next while trying to fix all these :thumbdown:

By strykr
#330306 Well found out my battery was shot, got a replacement from work and now that one is charging. Going to be testing the car after work to see if it will crank over without a boost and also still charge. Also going to be removing all the fuses with new ones and also have the proper Amp fuse in the locations.
By strykr
#330314 I wish she was in better shape too, the only problem I really have with it is the rust.. But like everything else, it's fixable.. I just can't weld:( so ill likely need to pay a shop to fix that unless a buddy can do it.
By strykr
#330398 Haha yup, was probably the last good Tim Horton's coffee I had in a long time.. the one near my place has gone to sh*t over the last 5-6 months.. Always watered down or soapy :? Now I either just make my own or go to Starbucks :thumb:

But after two days of charging this battery its still going, hopefully the battery will be charged by the end of work.
By Civic_HatchSI
strykr wrote:Haha yup, was probably the last good Tim Horton's coffee I had in a long time.. the one near my place has gone to sh*t over the last 5-6 months.. Always watered down or soapy :? Now I either just make my own or go to Starbucks :thumb:

But after two days of charging this battery its still going, hopefully the battery will be charged by the end of work.

Oh ya? that sucks! my timmies is always good here in the maritimes lol.
By strykr
#330407 Haha anything west of ontario sucks lol
By strykr
#330760 Well I managed to get another battery installed, but now I need to figure out the 02 Sensor Heater issue that I am getting. :thumbdown: Still trying to figure out this smoke issue, still doesnt have any colouring or smell (other the regular exhaust colour & smell).
By strykr
#330823 Well I just pulled the valve cover off and the oil was pitch black, but I want to figure out if the headgasket is the issue first. I did some checking once the car warmed up, havent seen any leaks.. but there seems to be smoking coming from under the engine and cant tell if its the ancient exhaust (probably a hole) or if its coming from the block. Also checked the spark plugs to see their condition, and other then the fuel traces they're clean, the timing belt still looks to be in great shape also.

Hopefully the autoclub is open tomorrow so that I can finally borrow a compression tester..

But if the weather is nice tomorrow I will be doing a coolant flush and going through the wiring under the dash.

[Video] Exhaust Smoke Issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTqMhNLeqWQ