Post YOUR Coupe here
By jefferydclark
#343448 so I got my head back from the machine shop on Friday and got a new gasket set Saturday. now I only need an oil pump and a timing belt/water pump setup and the engine will be ready for assembly.
By jefferydclark
#343683 Image
little machine work^^^^

block painted black^^
new OEM Honda goodies...oil pump and timing covers

surface rust from my block sitting after taking it apart. honed all cylinders and tonight I will start the assembly.
By jefferydclark
#343991 ordered a manual rack and pinion and better shock tower extensions. also rolled the shell back in my shop so i'll be working on getting some photos at some point when I stop being so lazy. 8)
By jefferydclark
MrJayDM wrote:YOUR CAR IS LOOKING GOOD :thumb:

thanks for the kind words....

so guys...i'm having the biggest trouble getting up the motivation to move forward with my coupe. i'll never sell it but i'm afraid its going to be a dust magnet for years if I cant find motivation somehow.
By brandoff88
#349344 sometimes you just gotta walk away and every once in a while glance at it till it bugs you to the point you work on it..im at that point...it runs/drives flawlessly, but I have no side molding, no side skirts, no window trim, a fubar rear bumper and rattlecan black doors, the rest of the body besides the rear plate garnish and passenger mirror (which are still Aztec green pearl) are primer haha...and its been that way about 3 months..but as this is a dd its not bugging me too much...I would like to finish it eventually but I guess what im saying is take a break, it will still be there when you get back....just make sure to store that motor properly :P
By jefferydclark
teal_dx wrote:OMG... the size of the turbo compared to the D-series engine :headbang:

HAHAHAHAHA the camera angle makes the turbo look bigger...last guy that had it was running a cast bottom mount manifold(basic ebay setup) with a delta 272 on 20 psi and was making 380hp at the wheels on 93 octane :) I hope to get over 400 with my setup. she gonna scream!!!!
By jefferydclark
#354149 well....having a lot of trouble staying focused on this car. I just cant stand engine bay work and that's where I've been stuck at for what seems like over a year.

really wish I could man up and get this thing closer to finished. anyone else in a rut?
By Driv-it-hard
#354150 I feel your pain man.
I have been a three year wait as well. Mine just went to paint.
It sat for a whole year. I figure it should be on the road by December.
Fingers crossed.
By teal_dx
#354153 I feel your pain man... The bay was the worst part of my whole build. My fingers were always raw and it took longer than anything else to get done. When I got done, I decided I would never shave a bay again :x
By jefferydclark
teal_dx wrote:I feel your pain man... The bay was the worst part of my whole build. My fingers were always raw and it took longer than anything else to get done. When I got done, I decided I would never shave a bay again :x

sad thing is I've already kind of shaved this bay before. now I'm just making it better. I welded all the holes before but I never spent the time to remove all the Honda bond and fix a little body damage. the shock tower extensions are whats taking the longest because I installed some homemade square ones then didn't like them so I bought some from obd welding works...much better but just trying to repair the towers have been a nightmare. then the body work to make it all look stock. its a car that i'll never sale again so I have to do it right or its not worth doing at all. all my buddys are out of the car scene so its just me and my car in a hot ass garage. hand sanding all this crap is what makes it miserable. I just want this car to be rollable so I can move it and get my G35 in there so I can get my rear suspension on it swapped but that'll likely never happen at this rate LOL :thumb:
By jefferydclark
#355373 Well I finally manned up and got my bay painted fellas. A lot of work took place over the weekend but that phase is finally done.

Can I get an amen!!! :woot: