Post YOUR Coupe here
By gtstripes
#327690 double check if your accelerator pedal isnt stuck by like 5mm... thats what happened to me AFTER i sold it for 200 bux haha :x
By brandoff88
#327785 i dont think its that, when it runs it idles steady but high, doesnt jump around, i blip the throttle revs up and as it comes down it drops to around 1000 for like half a second then idles back up....i have been working all day the last few days so havent had much time to do alot, but once i hook the tach up ill know for sure on the numbers, and im thinking it might be do to the fact i reused the intake mani gasket....and put it all in and together before i got my job back...i read that a leak like that after the map could cause high idle....so ima go out tomorrow and start checkin those after i get my new rad hoses on.
By brandoff88
#327918 well fuck my ass and call me betty...went out yesterday to see about where i should put my tach and i get in and smell a moldy smell look down to the floor boards and theres about 3 inches of fucking water on my floor boards....im getting to the point where im seriously about to scrap this fucking thing...so for the 100th time i have to take all my interior apart and rip the carpet out...now i could have saved it if i had known it was like that after it rained 3 days ago, but i have been working, and now its all moldy....fuck man...seriously this car gives me more fucking problems than the herpes would.....ughhhh....and it rained before, alot more than it did, and i never once had a leak...well i did but it was a drip because i left my driver door only half latched but i dont know where the fuck it would have come from...all my door seals are good i know that much....
By 92CivicSquach
#329381 this sucks man. i had a 240sx one time that had the same thing happen....only over night. i had to drive to work in the morning with all the water in the floor boards. every time i would stop at a light all the water would rush forward. made for a shitty ride to work. anyway, good luck man.
By WHYsoBRUTAL
#330194 black/black engine/tranny looks really nice, especially with the manifold sitting on it! hoping to get my project started and done before summer. z6 engine and ex tranny going in my plum 93 dx coupe by next month, then the turbo the following month. :woot: i hope to see more of your build.. looking to learn things or share any applicable info, good luck. :thumb:
By PGB
#330197 Might have to take off your front guards and re-seal this area. I have the same problem with heavy rain. Its fairly common apparently. Obviously wouldnt hurt to seal a few more areas under there also. Especially in the instance if you don't run any splash guards because of lowering, big rims etc.
Sorry mods if there is a forum local DIY already here but this is one I had bookmarked.
http://www.civicforumz.com/civic-diy-tu ... -eg-57156/
By brandoff88
#330316 well I wasn't driving it, it has been half way in the garage....it sat uncovered in the back yard for almost a year and nothing got in or out, and then I put it half way in the garage and it floods :? im fucking stumped....but on a better note, now that I got my truck im going to strip the coupe down and redo EVERYTHING....I know all my shit works, so im going to focus on the small things, like fixing leaks, and shit....but right now the engine bay is staying as it is...well minus fixing the little things but now its body and interior...then once that's done and its ready to drive, im going to spend some money and replace EVERY piece of suspension...I know it might seem like im going backwards, but I want this car to be perfect to my standards, and it might take a while but it will be worth it