Post YOUR Coupe here
By MiniCivic
#295852 Hi! My name is Thaddeus and this thread with start and continiously be alittle unorthidox. As of this post I do not have the vehicle in possession but I wanted to get my ideas/plans down and recieve any feedback and questions answered. I am in the market for a coupe and I am just waiting for the right one to come available. A little backround about the list, it is long and lofty and i realize this. This is not a 1 year project, this is a however long it takes to finish project. Money is and is not a concern, I am an RN making over 75k and in school for my Nurse Practioner( over 100K ) but I do have a wife and 2 boys which is where the money comes into concern. I plan on doing as much of this as possible, before i became an RN I was a mechanic and while im alittle slow im not stupid so if I ask a dumb question is prolly just to clarify or recertify what I already think the answer is!

Lol enough talk, here is the project plan( some on the list are intentionally left as vague discription because I have either not designed it or have not picked a favorite aftermarket). I grew up around mini-trucks so the list may not appeal to some one here but feel free to share your opinion good or bad. It is not all inclusive or conclusive and as you will see it is dependent on the model i come in possession of*sorry for the long list*:

Exterior: As stock looking as custom can get
Front Lip
Black Headlights with HID Retrofit
Clear/Black Corners
Hollow Grill
Vented Fiberglass Hood
Lighted Side Mirrors
Shaved door handles/molding
25% Tint all the way around
Red/Clear Tail Lamps
LED retrofit on tail lamps(brake/tail/reverse)
Shaved emblems
Race inspired/doorless gas door( 350z-ish style )
17" Black with Silver or Red lip
Shaved trunk/Side markers
Hidden release for shaved doors
Midnight black pearl paint
Suicide doors ( last modification, prolly wont )

Interior: Modified Stockish ( custom pieces will attempt to appear integrated )
Smoothed Dash/Pillars
Visor Delete
HVAC Delete( one 3way switch to control fan speed to defrost vents )
Custom Guages ( not overlay, complete replacement with autometer or other brand )
Race inspired wheel and detachable hub
Race inspired pedals ( not covers )
HVAC vent delete or convert to guage pods ( all vents and related tubing deleted except defrost )
Glove box insides redesign ( for use with engine tuck )
Custom center console ( from dash to rear of stock console )
LED interior replacement with custom flushed leds to bottoms of door panels
Blood red Suade headliner with overhead console( if no sunroof)
Air suspension switches and digital guages ( In either center or overhead console )
Short Shifter ( machined to shorter actual height )
Smooth stock itr style knob
blood red shifter/ebrake boots ( leather )
Smoothed Door Panels: No door handles/ lock indicators/ or switches( arm rest only ) with fiberglassed speaker pods( 2x speakers per door) and blood red suade
Custom hidden switch panel in center console for: acc/on for ignition, heater/fan speed, fuel and/or main relay cutoff
3 rocker/2 push button switches on radio panel for: windows, door poppers, and sunroof(if equipped) : |-|-| (will look like that)
Ignition cylinder, steering wheel lock, and ignition cylinder hole in panel deleted for all around smooth look
Race inspired stock seats ( from another honda or another car )
Rear seat delete for fiberglassed sound system
Custom alarm fob holder for custom battery kill solenoid switch (push in)(ask if confused, very complicated set up)
Custom truck enclosure for air suspension/full size spare/ jack+tools pocket
Gun holder in center console ( in the console or molded next to hip )
Sound deadening ( firewall and back- 150 sqft? )

Sound/Security: Sound system not going for competition, just niceness
Viper Alarm system: with a ton of additional sensors and horns ( system will be programmed with arm like normal, and then unarm and pop driver door one click and click and hold to pop passenger door, ideas? )
One Channel amp for Subs
Four Channel amp for speakers
Four 10" Subs
Speakers ( 2x per door panel )
Optima Battery (stock location)
Hidden Solenoid for custom battery kill
Indash Monitor set up
Rear Seat delete ( referenced above) for the 2 amps and 4 subs
Truck setup (referenced above) for air suspension system ( 2 3gal or 5 gal )
Remote hidden points for dead battery (ideas?)

Suspension:
FBSS Air suspension: 1/4 or 3/8 valves, digital system with preset height ability(ride height, slammed), hard lines as much as possible, 9 switch switchbox hacked apart for interior switches

Engine & Tranny: Dependant on model of civic, Looking for DD reliable 250-300 crank hp
Pseudo-Shaved & Tucked Bay ( painted same as body color )
Completely rebuilt B18B/C:
B: Stroker to 2.0 with JRSC, I/H/E, tuned for 93 pump street driveable
C: Turbo and fmic, P&P heads, I/E, tuned for 93 pump street driveable
A/C delete
Paint appropriate pieces blood red
**Auto to 5-Speed Swap( if necessary )**
LSD with 5th gear swap

Well thats all I can think of so far, Im sure stuff with be added and/or dropped of this list as the project gets under way. If you have read and made it to this point without going blind or crazy any input would be much appriciated. Flame if you want, its your opinion. Like I said I grew up with mini-trucks so some of my preferences wont align with yours but every opinion is valuable and if its excessively rude im sure a mod will step in. I take no offence to any comments.

Thanks for read and commenting! I cant wait to start!
Thaddeus[/b]
By Punksz6
#295894 I can't wait till you get this underway. :thumb:
By MiniCivic
#295906 Any suggestions or tips Punksz6?
By teal_dx
HVAC vent delete or convert to guage pods

I did this and I miss my heat!

Also, if you're going to shave the bay & do a wiring tuck, you might as well move the battery to the trunk.

Or hide a small one somewhere else. I have a Odyssey PC680 hidden behind the driver's side of my front bumper.
By MiniCivic
#295923 Im not deleting the heat portion of hvac, just the ac and controls and the tubing to everything but the defroster. In 10 years of driving ive only used the vents like 4 times lol its always on defrost. So a switch will be added to control the fan speed for heat to defrost. Im doing a tuck but its still gonna be a daily driver so im not gonna go full on crazy tuck and hide everything, i am considering moving the battery though the trunk wont work, too full
By eg-guy
#295931 Nice plans!! sounds like it will be one of a kind :thumb:

I'd like to see how you make a switch for the defroster/fan speed, im interested in deleting mine. Great idea!!
By MiniCivic
#295932 Eg-guy: havent looked at it but im thinking; find the high speed and low speed wire and put the on a 3way toggle switch with the power coming in at the middle position then top position is high and bottom position is low. If i envisioning it correctly its grounded at the fan motor and just recieves the 12v from the hvac controls and you are just replacing with a toggle
By 1ACarlos
#295937 Great plans to be honest
By MiniCivic
#295951 I hear a "but" carlos lol! Ill be keeping ur info for future use! Haha