Post YOUR Coupe here
By BIGT94z
#289535 very sick build! i remember seeing this when u posted pics on kcsr a long time ago lol. seeing this on a road race course would be awesome :thumb: glad to see ur going to keep the tuning local with choung
By bks84
#289608 Thanks man.

I may have some updates this weekend. Not sure if ill neglect my wife and work on the car or spend time with the wife and neglect the car. I need to pick up some cable for the battery and some other miscellaneous stuff anyway. Leaning towards taking a break though.

I did receive my timing belt covers, battery and a confirmation email from AMR that the UCA's are on their way. So I'm only waiting on the UCA's and battery holder to come in.

Ohhhh decisions.
By BIGT94z
#291309 Ummm how do I do a rear disc swap??? :weee:

Lolz jk
By bks84
#291348 Good meetin' you yesterday!

My buddy and I got the brakes all buttoned up, bled those and the clutch. Went a lot smoother than I anticipated. I appreantly completely forgot to flare one line, and one other I didnt flare well enough. So, after a couple small leaks (fittings too loose), we got the entire system bled.

Today we're going to start on the wiring. I've removed the IACV and o2 wiring from the harness, since I wont be using either. Im going to get the harness to a point where I can start the car, then pull it back out and sleeve it and all that fun stuff.
By bks84
#291476 and we got it runnin' last night. had a couple issues with the feed line leaking. after gettin all that tightened up, had to cycle the key quite a bit to get all the air outta the lines.

currently runnin' w/iacv disabled, o2 disabled, primary and secondary mapping based off TPS values. base fuel pressure was at 45-48, gonna get the wideband in and probably turn it up to 50, or whatever the ID1000's need/require. Gotta throw in my fuel pump harness, so the pump gets the voltage it requires to run @ 340lph.

my ECT sensor wiring was too short, so it wasnt plugged in. i need to shorted the MAP plug, extend all the wires @ the thermostat ground, extend the ECT, possible shorten the injector wiring, i need some good heatshrink for the wiring, something that doesnt move around.

overall, super happy. enjoy the vid.

http://youtu.be/X87KBTImWfg
By bks84
#291502 Srs?
By bks84
#291514 Yes. It was open header.
By EJ1_MK
#292955 Oh man good to see this thing running, question is what ratio did you go with on the Quaife steering kit?
By bks84
#293008 Austin - 3.25
By EJ1_MK
#293125 Did you see they have a 2.85 kit as well. Have you got to take out for a test spin yet?
By bks84
#293175 2.85 kit is for 88-91.

And no, still no ucas.
By bks84
#293237 AMR is waitign for a test car to test the replacement UCA's on since the ones they sent out were too narrow to fit on my car.

Im picking up axles tonight, so I can kinda put the front end together and fill teh trans up.

i was dicking around with the car yesterday and managed to kill the kinetik battery im using. in short, i shorted it out... so im waiting on a replacement. should be here tuestday.

before killing the battery, i hooked up the MAP sensor, new IAT sensor... got the car to idle on its own at 900 rpms. for a few minutes anywa, til i saw a small pool of engine blood under the car... decided it was time to drain the start up oil and throw some brad penn 10w30.

found the leak, oil pressure sensor tubing wasnt tight. have had a lot of run-ins with shit not being tight. guess thats what happens when there are too many cooks in the kitchen