Post YOUR Coupe here
By CivicJaz
#330178 Not much been happening with the coupe, been paying money out to other requirements. I do need a 6-puck clutch, change the gearbox for my other one and get new i/c piping for my build.

I had some time off work and got round to stripping my other z6 down to find out how bad the water damage was. Head seamed ok at a quick glance but then noticed a difference in the positions of piston #1 and #4 on the block, and i stripped further.....

Ive been addicted to the boost and want to go bigger, so im going to build the knackered z6 up for a 400bhp target, if the block is goosed ill just get another, something for me to do through 2013.
By CivicJaz
#333826 Ive been busy with life and enjoying the boost, but its come to an end.

Shouldve forged it, i was told lol.

Oh well, bring on z6 #3.....

By CivicJaz
#333993 I dont know what went wrong, but think a few things contributed to it failing.
•Oil pressure due to a leaking turbo oil return pipe
•possible blockage to cooling, or my fan failed
•running just a basemap (for 5-6months) instead of a freshmap
•overboost/boost spike
•manual boostcontroller failing
•a weak oem rod

Its now out and ive cleaned all the mess in bay, decided to do a small wire tuck to clean up the look in the bay once another is ready to be fitted.
Going to fit Eagle H rods and YCP 75mm pistons on the next z6.

On passenger side, i went from the cabin, to the door, and along the outer arch. On driverside, i just went through the arch, to outer arch. Didnt need to chop any wires on passengerside (just extended HID possitive wire. As for driverside i chopped the wires as plugs were too big for the hole i used.

Before and after pics.

Also refitted the oem washerjet bottle as my custom on wasnt big enough via capacity, plus it was manky and thought oem bottle would interfere with i/c piping, but it doesnt.
By CivicJaz
#334148 Third D16z6, this has around 90k miles. After taking this pic ive scrubbed and cleaned engine up, going to paint the block and head aluminium colour and all the brackets black along with either a gunmetal gray or black rockercover

Next purchases:

YCP 75mm forged pistons
Eagle H rods
ARP headbolts
New waterpump
New oilpump

More to come....

By CivicJaz
teal_dx wrote:I don't know anybody else on here that is on their 3rd D-series :thumb:

Aye its crazy lol, the first z6's end was unlucky, with the second z6 i followed your turbo build sticky, was very helpful. But i didnt get it freshly mapped as was running a base map for a good few months.

But i should of used forged rods etc, but will be using them thistime round.
By CivicJaz
#335231 Update:

Turbo kit has been sold on to make way for bigger, stronger parts. Replacement z6 is in the car, but can use it until i purchase a stock P28 ecu. Attempted to clean up engine bay abit more by using "spoon" socks for the reservoirs and black hammerite-ing brackets and mounts that were rusty looking.

Ive purchased some YCP Vitara turbo pistons and Eagle H Rods, will be hunting for a bare z6 block in near future and for the moment just gunna run NA.
By CivicJaz
#335234 Pm me a price on the ecu and details of other parts bud
By chrono404
#335288 Damn, That's an impressive amount of destruction to that poor z6 block.
By Punksz6
#335306 Dam sorry to hear about that Z6. But glad your gonna do it better this time around. looking forward to more. :thumb: