Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#329779 $9

got all the shifting parts from Majestic :thumb:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... HIFT+LEVER
By TrailerTrash
#330628 new cheapy camera! although a large number of the update shots soon to come will be cell phone pics because i always have my cell phone on me.

pic from last week more updates soon

Carlisle Performance and Style is May 11th!

If i didnt have a deadline it would never get done :lol:
By TrailerTrash
#331656 body work is done(minus paint)

I literally finished it thursday night, and slapped the car back together friday night just in time for Performance and Style saturday :thumb: oh how i missed driving this thing

many pics coming soon
By TrailerTrash
#331733 oops
Last edited by TrailerTrash on Wed May 15, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#331734 behold... many pics.

I hreally had no idea what i was getting myself into.

pulled in the garage. took the bumper and side skirts off, ripped the interior out, and checked out what i was up against.
i had bondoed over this spot like 2 years ago. back when i really didnt plan on ever having the car nice looking and didnt care about the rust getting worse
passenger side

rocker straight down from the driver sides little window

this is where its really nasty... it was the joining spot for a quarter panel replacement sometime in the past. basicaally just seam sealer slobbered overtop shitty spotwelds to cover them up. wasnt exactly waterproof it was nothing but rust
gas tank out so i could safely cut and weld
yummy
just had at it with the cutoff wheel till i got it all cut out

had to bend and cut all new sheetmetal from nothing. it aint pretty but its out of sight

all closed in.

used a side plate from my moms old desktop pc lol

so years ago when the quarter panel was replaced, it was done fairly well. except it was not sealed off whatsoever. so there was water coming in all along the seam and it just rotted away

this was my stepdads idea. i used the left over part of the quarter from the passenger side to make a new inner lip for the driver side

i was expecting rust holes along the bottom of the window. the poaint was starting to bubble so i got the window out to see
just some surface rust from water laying behind the seal. sanded it down and primered it up real good, slapped the window back in, and started to bondo!

i got the dent out as much as i possibly could but this is as good as it gets!

after all that i undercoated and sealed everything up as much as i could 8)
By TrailerTrash
#331736 all the rust!

random shots

By FG2_Andrew
#331748 should we expect a new color? :hehe:
By TrailerTrash
Cl9junky wrote:Dam that looks like a lot of hours but well worth it. Nice job in the car man. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

EH2_andy wrote:should we expect a new color? :hehe:

not this time. im still in love with ocean breeze blue :D but ill be switching up the wheel color for summer. they just dont stand out enough. not that white is something amazin but it should make them pop a bit more.

tinted the tail lights and corner lights.
few random pics

the body work is far from perfect(so is the entire car) but once i get the bumper on straight and the door aligned it will line up better and when its all one color it should look pretty good for a first time body repair job
:thumb:

By TrailerTrash
#331775 Image

got it at AutoZone :thumb:
By brandoff88
#331791 dude I get my vht paint from autozone...but I get my body paint from walmart.. :hehe: 96 cents a can I bought a whole case and painted my hood fenders and trunk with it and it came out good, need to touch up areas but other than a wetsand and buff they are good. by the way man nice work on the car, I was going to ask if you were fixing the dent but I saw it fixed :thumb: cant wait to see what you have in store for the wheels :popcorn: