Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#350115 this week is our 5th year anniversary together. 42,000 great miles as of wednesday

just got it inspected a few weeks ago. needed axles and a balljoint. been driving it alot now that its a good bit colder and the old trucks don't run super great in these tempatures.

i had to raise it up for inspection and i pretty much just left it up. much softer of a ride :lol:

im gunna put a quiet muffler on it and make a custom shifter and probably just drive it that way till spring when i want to repaint the wheels a color that dont show dirt so easily

got some snow!
By TrailerTrash
#350117 new axle back exhaust made from some old muffler i had from idk what and a piece of 2 1/4 inch for the tailpipe.

now all you hear is velocity stack :D
By TrailerTrash
#350500 i was mistaken above when i said 42k together. weve gone 53k together

a few years ago when i took the shifter out to make it a short throw, the bushings were pretty freakin shot and just fell out. so i welded this little metal spacer in there to put the bolt through. it was a sloppy fit. and my old flux core welder and piss poor welding skills didnt help. so i cut that part off and used a new sleeve and a bolt that fits very well. not too tight and not too loose. (greased it heavily by the way) i welded it on then loaded it with more weld for some added strength.

then i used a piece of solid stock cut at an angle on each end to give the shifter a good bend

from this
to this

couldnt be more comfortable :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#351803 it finally happend

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#357515 9 years of driving and probably a dozen super close calls with big game... i finally hit my first deer 4 weeks ago.

little after 6am i was doing about 55mph. one second i see a buck come hauling ass across the road from the left, next second i jam the brakes, and the third second i nail him. it was that quick literally. i hit his front right shoulder with the headlight/turn signal on my drivers side and his head and neck slammed into the hood and the car caught his shoulder where it hit and literally flipped him upside down and up completely overtop of the car and he landed in the road behind me. his legs were straight up before he even left the view of my windshield.

there is a mark on the roof from either his hoof or rack. he was a 4 or 6 point i couldnt quite tell.
its kindof hard to see but the mark starts right at the edge of the windshield and goes back the roof a bit. that was him

damage coulda been alot worse.

it shattered the turn signal into nothing. and somehow it hit the light hard enough to break the glass and the plastic frame all around it and force the plug off the back of the lightbulb... without actually breaking the bulb. it still works lol

so i have a spare set of headlights. i put a one in the passenger side. got some cheapo turn signals off amazon for $25. hammered/stomped the hood out till it closed. "drift stitched" the bumber back together. and i put on my Carlisle fiberglass fender from a few years ago. so it looks like one hoopty ass pile of shit. again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nothing really lines up but i am having ZERO luck finding a hood and fender locally. ive checked all around and ive been watching craigslist since the first day :(

but hey its back together and it should pass inspection this month.

DAM DIRTY DEER :x :x :x :x
By teal_dx
#357526 That sucks, but could have been worse. No air bags or windshield to replace.
+1 on the deer-shaped sticker
By Driv-it-hard
#357533 I hit a deer in a rental car and the car didn't make it. You have barely any damage compared to the rental.
Check out Rockauto website. I picked up my hood and fenders from them and they ship it right to my door step with a freight company.
Good price on the parts and shipping.
By TrailerTrash
#357538 $23 for a fender
$85 for a hood
sounds good

$190 for shipping :o :o :o

holy balls lol
By teal_dx
#357546 Where in PA are you? if you're near any LKQ locations, check them out. I've bought from them before. Good prices and they have used as well as new reproduction.
By Driv-it-hard
TrailerTrash wrote:$23 for a fender
$85 for a hood
sounds good

$190 for shipping :o :o :o

holy balls lol

Don't forget what size is the hood. It does not come standard UPS. This come on a pallet to your door on Freight shipping. You can cut the cost like Teal said if you can pick up the parts.
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:Where in PA are you? if you're near any LKQ locations, check them out. I've bought from them before. Good prices and they have used as well as new reproduction.

im checking into it now :thumb:

Driv-it-hard wrote:

Don't forget what size is the hood. It does not come standard UPS. This come on a pallet to your door on Freight shipping. You can cut the cost like Teal said if you can pick up the parts.

i didnt reallly think about the size of the hood. thanks for the info guys
By TrailerTrash
#357566 125 for a hood and 125 for a fender. not much difference in price from rock auto.

im gunna keep my eyes open locally for awhile. im weighing the pros and cons of buying another coupe or hatchback and swapping all my good parts over. id love to start fresh with a nice clean EG