Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#279007 The story of my coupe actually begins almost 2 years before I bought her from a good buddy of mine....

it was late 07 and i was down in Westminister Maryland and i saw this hilarious civic and happend to have my camera i just had to take a few pictures.

fast forward to november 09 and I bought this beat ass 95 civic from my buddy for $800. it had seen 246,xxx hard miles and no rust(just dont look in the trunk or underneath lol) it had 3 different wheels, 4 different tires, blue hood, green trunk, black fenders, and a horrible spray bomb body that i guess was supposed to be black. but it had a great running JDM D15B/VX tranny and I was lookin for a gas sipper project. it was an awesome deal. all black interior which is still in great shape

It wasnt till i had owned the car for over a year that i found the old pictures on my computer i was like :o thats my car! what a POS! :lol:

I had absolutely no idea what direction i wanted to go with it... i thought about turbocharging but i wanted reliablitly because this was my only car for quite some time. i didnt know what look, what parts, even what color or wheels i wanted. the only thing i was certain was it needed lowered lol so i poked around on the web and saw all these clean "yo dawg itx jdm" EGs and i wasnt into that at all so i figured I would just do whatever the hell I wanted to do to this thing and if people dont like it they dont gotta look.

took the paint offf the hood with a grinder. should cleared it it looked sweet.

monster truck status
one of the 2010 snow storms

DX tranny swap! that long geared VX was killin me. with the tranny swap alone i went from 35mpg to 40+ cause it could move out of its own way and i didnt have to wait till 60mph do shift to 5th. althought 95mph in 2nd gear was entertaining

put some struts with Eibach lowering springs from an integra. apparently 1.5inch or so drop on a teg is about 4 inches on an EG lol

my cat Bender (i love futurama) lol

dropped the rear down with some ebay sleeves cause it was lower and free. also added the whipper

"sticker bombed" one of the whoa badass z3 fiberglass fenders. i drove it like this for quite some time. while i plotted the color change

the front bumper was all chopped up to fit around the headlights cause osmeone dont know how to ziptie :x so i used the bumper cover and pass side fender from my old hatch and got a driver side fender from the junkyard for $5 and started making the front end as good as i could get it.

painted the needles(thank u civiceg diy thread) and the underside of the hood to go with the color theme

all taped up and ready for the transformation...
Last edited by TrailerTrash on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 27 times in total.
By TrailerTrash
#279008 Krylon Bright White Satin base coat

and then to lay down what I like to call "Bright Ass Hot Pussy Pink" :D it was the first time I had ever painted a car a color other than flat black.

all done
my favorite pic of the car ever
the color was so freakin bright I loved it. turned heads everywhere from everybody. when people asked me why i would paint my car that color I always told them because people told me i wouldnt
:lol:

But unfortunately it didnt last long before it started to fade in the summer sun... didnt even last 2 months.

here u can see where the rain was fading it out

getting worse...

and within 2 months it turned this horrible color.

so it was time for a new color... Krylon Satin Burgundy
By TrailerTrash
#279009 Image
not too bad for a spray can job i guess
here was the bay at that point. nothing fancy

needed some tires and i got lucky and got these old CRX Phone Dials with good tires all for $100

got bored one night and still didnt know what look i wanted to I tried something just for kicks. homemade whitewalls lol

painted the side mouldings and door handles on a bored night
By TrailerTrash
#279010 Was lookin for a new look and since all the window trim and stuff like that needed redone in black I figured id just paint the whole car flat black why not

used krylon spray cans this time too

lip from a Chevy Corsica. drove it like this for awhile

EK fogs
mirror delete plate and sanded down for another coat of flat black. this time trying my hand at an actual spray gun.

skunk2 struts with dropzone sleeves for $200 and i finally had the drop I was looking for.

i bought the car with front camber kit already installed so i got a reaar kit from Wicked Tuning for $80 bucks

slammed and painted. also got some new tires on the good ol 13s. got tired of the whitewalls and phone dials. it was fun while it lasted i guess but time for a little more seriousness... jk lol

refinished the center console with some Krylon Fusion paint. (by the way the JDM center console was in the car when i got it :woot: )

back in the summer I traded that old VX tranny for an EX and got this ebay stage 3 clutch setup with an 8 pound flywheel. I currently have about 7,000 miles on this cltuch and im still loving it :thumb:

brushed some of the rust off the hood and cleared it just for something different that wouldnt stain the paint on the bumper cover. also got the windows tinted. drove it this way for awhile and pondered over the next look i would go for lol
By TrailerTrash
#279011 From this point on there is going to be a blur at the top right corner of the pictures. idk whats wrong with my camera but it sucks :x

thought for awhile about a new color theme... eventually settled on white with pink wheels. for the time being i needed to do something about the hood till i find one from a junkyard that isnt all banged up. apparently thats quite the task around here.

so a few cans of white clear and some pink that i had leftover from the pink paintjob and i made the hood look even worse than before lol

now for the steelies. white base, pink, then some satin clear to hopefully keep them from fading.

quietly awaiting paint last monday night.

all taped up sunday night(oct 23rd)

weapons of choice. rustoleom flat white and the cheapass harbor freight paint gun i got for free.

painted her yesturday morning witht the first coat then the second coat around 3pm yesturday. let her dry for about all day and evening and then i toasted to success last night! cheers!

unwrapped her around 1am this morning! might actually keep this look lol

Ill be taking some pictures with the car outside hopefully today and get sthem up asap!

there you have it. the cars been on quite a journey since ive gotten it. either ya love it or ya hate it and I freakin love it! i drive it almost every day. this thanksgiving it will be 2 years since ive owned it and ive put just shy of 30k miles on it. it looks the way i want and if people dont like it thats their problem. i love bombin around and getting 40+mpg all day everyday. some things about it arent perfect and never will be... its rusty here and there, the windsheild has no mouldings and is cracked, the pass side corner window is syliconed in, its got dings everwhere, zipties keep it from falling apart, the list goes on lol. but its a daily drive and a great reliable car. in almost 2 years the only things that have happened to it are flat tires and dead batteries. I dont have many more future plans for it and definetetly not anything major at all. a few parts and who knows how many more color changes haha

as she sits right now, heres the mod list

DRIVETRAIN
JDM D15b/EX tranny
XTD stage 3 six puck/8lb flywheel
homemade short shifter
4-2-1 heat wrapped header
homemade test pipe
fartcan
homemade short ram intake with velocity stack

SUSPENSION/WHEELS/TIRES
Skunk2 sport struts
DropZone sleeves
ebay front camber kit
Wicked Tuning rear camber kit
front and rear TenzoR tower bars
13 inch steelies with beauty rings and chrome Honda center caps
175/70/13 tires

INTERIOR
Driver side airbag removed
golf ball shift knob
JDM armrest
Sony Xplode headunit
Xplode 6x9s in rear
Xplode 6 1/2s in doors
small Cobra 40 channel CB with 75watt PA speaker under the hood
:hehe:

EXTERIOR
tinted windows
EK fogs
Corsica front lip
very tall whipper
black housing headlights/amber corners
side mirror delete plate

well thats it for now! ill have the updates as the updates come! thanks for readin CivicEG :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
By jayEGR
#279020 ok you,ve done more paint then painting a company building lmao :lol: but if i were you i would leave it how it is now, looks dope
By blk92hb
#279025 first off love the And Justice For All t-shirt :headbang:

all so the fact that you didnt give a fuck, about what other people thought about it. I give you mad props of that :thumb: with that said keep up the work>
By eg-guy
#279038 looks good :thumb:
By Punksz6
#279042 :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#279058 wow.. i like the way it looks now!
By TrailerTrash
#279066 back seat "cover" and interior pics

out in the sun! i am by no means a pro picture taker so dont laugh

im going junkyarding tomarrow in search of a few things. hopefully a nice hood!
By Ecc0
#279088 You just gotta love the COMPLETELY different way to everyone else that you've gone with your car me like most on here have been sheeping it up and following trends where yours is truly horiginal so good on ya.

Tis looking fully awesome in White I'd stick with that for a while