Post YOUR Coupe here
By Chambers
#293666 Got some more done, I worked with my father and we managed to notch the main cap cradle enough for the rods to clear even with thermal expansion. Then we used a feeler gauge and we were clear to the block, so heres hoping our rule of thumb .001"/1.0"DIA expansion rate holds true and we do not have any incidents. I then put the pan on, tourqued it down per the manual, and went on to the head. The ARP head studs are the smallest I have seen to date! The head went on easiely, and the timing belt was easy too! After I finished the timing belt I wanted to do a pre moch up moch up! Pics:

By Punksz6
Chambers wrote:Got some more done, I worked with my father and we managed to notch the main cap cradle enough for the rods to clear even with thermal expansion. Then we used a feeler gauge and we were clear to the block, so heres hoping our rule of thumb .001"/1.0"DIA expansion rate holds true and we do not have any incidents. I then put the pan on, tourqued it down per the manual, and went on to the head. The ARP head studs are the smallest I have seen to date! The head went on easiely, and the timing belt was easy too! After I finished the timing belt I wanted to do a pre moch up moch up! Pics:

:thumb:
By d-mon
#293728 nice work.
i hope there's a turbo in the future, it seems a shame to build the motor just for a jrsc.
By Chambers
#293776 Thanks for the replies. I really don't see me putting a turbo on this car (either by it self or twin charged), its really not a chassis I would want to go real fast in, plus its my daily driver. I don't quite understand why it would be a shame to build the engine the way I did. It will be extreamly reliable and I will never have to worry about the integrity of the bottom end.

I guess not to many people build Honda engines for peace of mind?
By bks84
Chambers wrote:

well, theyre built pretty damn good from the factory... so no. most probably dont.
By jayEGR
#293793 DAMN chamber your really goin in on this i remember you first starting out ...looking sexy as f*%4 supercharge is veryt different and unique with a single cam :thumb: mad props.
By d-mon
bks84 wrote:
Chambers wrote:

well, theyre built pretty damn good from the factory... so no. most probably dont.

this.
i like your build, sorry if i came across critical.
but if i found your engine in my car, i'd be trawling ebay for a hx35 and order a mini-ram and 3" downpipe to fit from go-autoworks
By Chambers
#294345 Thanks for all the replies, coming from the Supra world its almost unheard of using a stock bottom end when running any real boost. And when dealing with an NA engine and applying boost its really required to "build" the engine.

So I got some more parts in, new motor mounts, new distributor cap and rotor, NGK spark plugs, clutch master cylinder, and clutch slave cylinder. Still have a set of NGK wires on the way.

By Chambers
#294663 Cleaned some stuff up and got the belt on the supercharger:

By familyEGuy23
#294669 Damn bro now that's work great job I remember when you 1st posted, respect on staying d series sometimes reliability is more important than speed. Your motor looks fresh of the line :thumb:
By Chambers
familyEGuy23 wrote:Damn bro now that's work great job I remember when you 1st posted, respect on staying d series sometimes reliability is more important than speed. Your motor looks fresh of the line :thumb:

Thanks, I toyed around with the idea of a DOHC engine, but for all the pain and bs I would have to go through to find a good one, it just wasn’t worth it to me. My thought process by using the D16Z6 was since it came in the EG chassis from the factory it would basically plug and play, and a lot of parts can be reused from the D15. Reliability was a factor to, but simplicity was key.
By DuckIt
#295068 Holy crap, great build.

I like that your replacing everything you can get your hands on.

Nice :thumb:
By Chambers
#295429 Thanks, I wanted to make sure the build was worth it.

Got an update, recieved the NGK plugs, got the new fuel injector gaskets and o rings, installed the fuel injectors, fuel rail, pressure regulator adapter and the regulator it self. Also put new PCV valve and tube from Honda on.

By Chambers
#297838 I worked on the engine a little more, replaced vac lines, water lines, and put clamps on every thing. I had to extend the air temp sensor harness, but other than that the wiring went back on. Now I need to put the flywheel, clutch, and transmission on. Since, its been hard to find photos or information on this supercharger setup, I just took a few random pics:

Only had to extend the harness about 5 inches:

Thanks for looking!
By TrailerTrash
#297865 comin along nice!