Post YOUR Coupe here
By Chambers
#275181 Hi all, This is my progress/build thread for my Civic. I just bought this car a few days ago and its going to be my daily driver for now, after I finish my hardtop Supra I may do some engine overhauling and add some forced induction. For now I'm just doing a basic maintenance and cleaning to get it going good.

When I got the car the interior was filthy, white dog hair, gum wrappers, food particulate, and a lot of misc stuff I'd probably be better off not knowing what it was. I guess cleaning the car was not on the previous owners to do list... The windows were very dirty too...

So far I have driven the car to work and home once, and I'm quite happy with it! Its a fun little car, and is comfortable to drive. Although I'm still getting used to the whole FWD thing, its different when in turns and accelerating in turns.

Thanks for looking.
By bks84
#275244 Clean slate! Thats always a plus. I'd suggest getting the correct sized tires, those look like balloons on there!
By EJ1_MK
#275247 Clean, looks like you got a perfect start. No rust that I can see. what are your plans?
By Chambers
#275324 Thanks for the replies!

Yea its a good start, its rough around the edges but its in overall great condition. I think its on the original engine, all the plastic air dams are still intact upfront and other stuff that people just don't put back were all still there. I had it up on the lift and it didn't show any signs of rust or damage, someone had taken good care of this car for a long time before the previous owner got it.

Plan is to keep it as is until I finish my Supra, then I may do a supercharger or a engine swap, not sure yet. I haven't looked into many options for swaps/ mods yet.

So I have a update, I cleaned the interior out. All I can say is wow, it cleaned up very well. The windows were so dirty I will need to clean them again to remove all the crud. The carpet is in good condition, that surprised me. I also got some new parts in, completely replacing all brake components other than the lines. I got a cheap shifter and new bushings for it too, and the stuff for a proper tune up.

Wondering if this will even feel different...

Tune up of champions!!!

So when I was doing the tune up tonight I found this.... WTF... I'm surprised this thing runs... Looks like a rodent got to it a while ago... Gonna fix this ASAP!

Thanks for looking.
By DontHateonEG8
Chambers wrote:Wondering if this will even feel different...

that short shifter does make a difference! its awesome! it was a PITA to install it but overall a good upgrade!

Nice coupe btw :)
By Eg6H2D
#275337 :thumb:

what's the deal with rodents and wiring??? LOL

BWR FTW!!!!

:woot:
By eg-guy
#275489 that looks like a good solid base for a build :thumb:

where u get the shifter from? im lookin to buy one.
By Aldo91
#275513 man, at least the inside was the only thing dirty, no engine related problems?
By Chambers
#275567 Thanks for the replies.

This is the first vehicle I have had that has rodent damage, as little as it is, still makes me wonder what else may be chewed...

I got the shifter for about $7 on eBay, thats why I was wondering if it actually does anything. To cheap to be true kinda thing. If I have time tomorrow I will be installing it.

The engine runs good, but the transmission makes a unwanted noise in first gear, but Im already looking for a spare engine and trans just in case anything fails.
By Chambers
#275699 So I worked on the brakes today, holy hell they were a pain in the ass. I have never had so much trouble with a brake overhaul before, seemed like every part was fighting to stay on the car. I ended up getting everything done and it was definitely worth the trouble, it stops like a dream now.

Thanks for looking.
By Chambers
#275792 So today I installed the short shifter. I'm quite impressed with the outcome, it improved the shifting a lot.

By dbrooks
#275804 Nice! You cleaned the shit out of that thing! Haha It's like night and day. You, sir, have a solid platform for a solid build. Good luck!