Post YOUR Coupe here
By Tristanw10
#268861 I am finally starting a build thread after having this car for almost a year now, ENJOY!

Pics from when I first got it

Fresh B18B1
New main and rod bearings
Pistons and rings not touched I was told

GSR Leather seats

My Wink Mirror :)

Engine sittin on the mounts

Pic of the way it sat for 3 months while I was attending college

Finally got it home during fall break, no garage to keep it in

*Spring time* I got the thing together and running but it had no reverse so I had to source another trans, 350 bux!!!!

Maiden voyage with new trans, no brakes though, lol

Sourced some Teg brake calipers from a yard after realizing that the bleeder screws were completely broken off the factory ones, I also bought an ebay catback exhaust, not my first pick but it was cheap

Installed Tokico lowering springs, traded wheels for some better looking ones, IMO, new phone so sorry for the larger pics

Clutch was starting to slip so I thought I needed a new one
Bought this kit from an Ebay seller for less than 200 SHIPPED!!

The old clutch didnt look that bad so I assumed the pressure plate must have been wore out (clutch would start slipping after it had been driven for several miles)
Here is a pic of the old pressure plate

We had it changed in under 2hrs, car was still hot when we started, lol

UPDATE!!!

Started stripping out the rear seats and plastic so I can weld in new quarter panels
YAAAAAY! (NOT)

I got this from my girlfriend, itll look good hanging from my WINK FULL PANEL MIRROR

Put these stickers on, Everybody loves haters, AND BOOBIES!!!

More pics as soon as I finish uploading them
Last edited by Tristanw10 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By jayEGR
#268893 nice build goin on here i started alomst the same way man iam going to collage now so i might hold up on some thing for my coupe to , but love the start ,ill be watchin this build :thumb:
By Tristanw10
#268904 Thanks guys, I have a ton more pics that just need resizing. Its gonna be a slow build but I will keep you all updated.
By Tristanw10
#268915 What is the best waty to update this? should I just reply or edit my current post?
By Tristanw10
#268927 Done a little spring cleaning at a buddies house, it was a big improvement!!

Before

These panels really needed a good scrubbing, nothing that a little mean green and some elbo grease couldnt take care of

Here is a shot of the door panels that were done by my buddy when he owned the car

After some scrubbing and wiping, here is the finished product :)

More fun, I found out that the head gasket might be bad so I decided to change it out

Found a cam cap bolt had backed out, WEIRD!

Here is how it looks as of now

*Jdm EG6 Front end is for sale btw!!!

I am doing a 99-00 front end conversion
By Punksz6
#268952 Nice Coupe! :thumb:
By Tristanw10
#269196 I made a small update earlier today but I guess it didnt post,
attempt number 2 lol
I finally got around to mounting my battery box

Recieved most of my EK conversion parts too!!!! :)

Now all I need is a decent set of EG fenders to graft the EK front section onto

STAY TUNED!!!
By 603 jdm
#269300 goodluck with the front end conversion man. those rims would look even better if u did the polished wheel diy that teal_dx made with his civic hx wheels. even if u just did the lip polished and painted the spokes.
By Tristanw10
603 jdm wrote:goodluck with the front end conversion man. those rims would look even better if u did the polished wheel diy that teal_dx made with his civic hx wheels. even if u just did the lip polished and painted the spokes.

Yeah man, My plans are to paint the car Vogue Silver Metallic and do the engine bay and wheels in a medium green color, and polish the lips, gonna experiment at work first chance I get. I wanna get a set of Rota D2, or GT3 wheels eventually