Post YOUR Coupe here

Is my project worth the time and money

71%
14%
14%
By geoman92
#262538 Hello all. I bought a few weeks ago my first civic. Wanted one since i was small. $500 off a friend's coworker. It has 174,000 miles. It was purple. :( Now its half black half grey. Well needless to say they were failing epically. As far as the engine and tranny both run good but it's leaking oil from a very annoying place but a i finally found were it is. I will take a picture of that later so u can see for ureselves. The engine is going to be rebuilt so since i know its a gasket thats going to be replaced i dont worry about the leak. As far as the body, well it needs a lot of work but that is to be worried about later on. Im the kind of guy who worries more about how its running than looks. At least priority wise because there both important. I do want to leave the color purple because to paint the inside and everything is more of a hassle so i'd just rather stick to the original color. Besides there's not many purple civics out there. As far as what the car is for it's for a daily driver/ weekend car. So no worrying about turbo or nothing of the sort. I have the money for this project but no that much to make it into a show car. i will put up more pics during my journey. As of now i have only done the following to it: replace the brake pads (they were gone!!!! and were missing a bolt on each caliper and two of the clips were missing. One caliper is bad becuase the piston is stuck and needs to be replaced as well as the disc rotors. So thats on the list) i have also removed the rear and passenger seats door panels dash thing in the middle and rear panels which are the ones on the side of the rear seat. Also planned is to change radiator intake system, intake manifold exhaust header muffler battery alternator and several other things around the engine. So a long project indeed but well worth it in my book. Really i thought of it and send would i rather waste $5000 on a used car thats already used and goodness knows what its been through or waste that on a car that will be running like new and will be to my likings and id know exactly how it is all over. I chose the 2nd option. So here we go on my journey. Feel free to jump on up and please let me know throughout what i can do extra, Thanks everyone
By geoman92
#262539 Here it is:

What the turnout plan is give or take a few details:

By geoman92
#262541 Thanks man. Well i have the time and money and patience and since its not my regular car I have no rush so i plan in one month's time for it to be ready. At least engine wise
By Fada Blayne
#262546 why not?

go for it!
By 1ACarlos
#262549 I think it's worth it
By 603 jdm
#262557 id say its worth it! aslong as ur chassis drives straight nd ur subframe is all god then its definitally worth it. whats the motor and bay look like? if you want check out my build thread. maybe itll give u some ideas.
By jordansayswtf
#263090 I would definitely stick with it. And when finished I would look at the before and after pics and be like "DAAAMN" :D
By EJ1_MK
#263096 Got to think of it like this you can spend 20k+ on a new car and pay every month for it and still want to mess with which will be even more expensive or you can put a little time and some money (maybe a lot) and have a clean paid off car that is yours that you will appreciate more cause you spent the time working on and building it.

I look at the total cost of the all the things that I want to do to my cars and see does it add up to the cost of a brand new car with the mods that I would want. It always comes out to be cheaper even if you have 10 sets of wheels.

Go for it :thumb:
By geoman92
#284407 :D Finally after months and problems and wat not we rebuilt the engine (bearings cam grinded crank etc....) and it truns on! That itself is a huge progress :woot: and here is the bay: only stuff from the bay i changed really for now besides the rebuilt engine is an ebay header for now and thats about it... since i had no space were i currently live i had been forced to go wth a buddy who has a shop but lives like an hr away so it was tough but its good to go! oh the only problem we had was a leak (of oil) but we found out it is from a gasket from the vtec solenoid filter so i should get that bad boy tomorrow and ready to bring that home! :woot: Let me know wat u guys think............