Post YOUR Coupe here
By Gordongk
#300914 I just watched this video about those collars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyUD6UX ... 4gu8qxA%3D

Those collars are really cool. I was really surprised by how much they actually help. I wanted to buy some after watching that video and looked up the price. PW JDM wants $230!

I'm also eager to hear how the steering feels. My eyes got big when I saw that rack.
By EJ1_MK
Gordongk wrote:I just watched this video about those collars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyUD6UX ... 4gu8qxA%3D

Those collars are really cool. I was really surprised by how much they actually help. I wanted to buy some after watching that video and looked up the price. PW JDM wants $230!

I'm also eager to hear how the steering feels. My eyes got big when I saw that rack.

Thanks man it took some force to move those tie rods into place to mount up but well worth it. And when we installed the collars it was instant difference that everything bolted up really easy. Only thing I wonder is if they are one time use or not. But definitely worth the money in my eyes.
By Blk95coupe
blk92hb wrote:So the spoon sports collars was made in USA???? :eh:

The lube was :lol:
By jayEGR
#301146 you siprise me more and keep me intresting in keeping up with this build i tell you , your doing some bad as work on this :thumb: congrates on the promise and i wonder how much you spent on the project so far
By EJ1_MK
jayEGR wrote:you siprise me more and keep me intresting in keeping up with this build i tell you , your doing some bad as work on this :thumb: congrates on the promise and i wonder how much you spent on the project so far

Thanks, and if I told you, you would probably cry. And I am no where near finished either. blk95coupe has seen the list of items that are still left to get and he told me I was crazy. But its all worth it.

So I didn't shot any photos today but worked on the car all day as well as watched Blk95coupe put his new ex trans into his 4 door, with a new clutch and flywheel. I should have pics up tomorrow of the progress. Baby steps I am not rushing this build at all going to take all the time that I can to make sure everything is perfect. Or at least the way I want it.
By EJ1_MK
#301297 So here are all the pics of yesterdays work. Start off with the 1/2 breaker bar that snapped doing Blk95coupe trans swap.

Better pic of the super tie rod ends installed.

Special thanks to Bks84 for all the brake tuck work yesterday. All the lines came out great. Can't wait to get the bay painted and finished up. And the brakes. In the next month.
By familyEGuy23
#301302 Nice keep up the good work can't wait to see the finished product :thumb:
If my d series build is expensive I don't even want to think about your race car build :lol:
By EJ1_MK
familyEGuy23 wrote:Nice keep up the good work can't wait to see the finished product :thumb:
If my d series build is expensive I don't even want to think about your race car build :lol:

ROFL yeah that is what all my friends tell me too
By EJ1_MK
#302357 Well this month the car has been put on hold my DB7 decided to shear off one of the ears on the start and the head gasket is starting to go so I am going to knock it out before it does any real damage.

Other than that I am picking up my new air compressor this weekend and its costing me but its so worth it. I will post pick up after I get it home and installed. I did get the rest of my brake fluid today all 15 bottles of wilwood 570 fluid. Might do some line relocating, to clear some other items.
By kylenjdm93
#302376 are you planning on a k swap in the future? im looking at 4 builds simultainiously so sorry if your already doing one..

i have parts i could part with, hybrid racing ps/ac delete kit, with belt, 100 miles on it, valve cover, a k20a3, long block nothing wrong with it, 60k miles, pm me if interested.. lol
By EJ1_MK
#302690 Head gasket was not blown yet but you can see where it was allowing coolant into the cylinders, not a lot but enough for it to run a bit off.

Bottom

Damn its dirty I need to clean that up.

The day before I did all the work I was moving cars around and cleaning the garage out shoot this one.

By EJ1_MK
#305753 Well project has been put on hold until I get my other cars up to par. Working on a 03 civic EX 4 dr right now, got to put a new trans in it (auto) Thumbs DOWN!!, and a timing belt, water pump, cam seal, plugs, etc. Its almost done just waiting on a trans to show up. So I should be able to start working on it again hopefully by the end of the month.

But I did finally get this thing all hooked up and new wiring run and going. Helps to have good air when doing BS work on cars anymore.

By dbrooks
#305796 I'm about to get a new compressor, as well. I have some painting to do :thumb:
By baconsauce
dbrooks wrote:Missouri roads.... TERRIBLE

feel you bro, I used to live in Missouri with my datsun, haha