Post YOUR Coupe here
By sega2010
#256157 So I'm new to the Honda scene. I first traded my 1999 Jeep Cherokee for a 98 Civic EX.

My Jeep (missed greatly):

The 98 coupe:

Well since it was my first Honda vehicle I really didn't know what to look for. I know a little more now that I've had the car for a while and know more Honda lingo. The motor has been swapped in the car and the swap was done terribly. They put in a sohc zc vtec which only has 36000 on it. (I know a lot might cay there isn't one but I did a lot of research and that's what I have.) :thumb: The motor is obd1 in an obd2 car so its nothing but a wiring mess along with a few other problems here and there.

Since its a mess it doesn't run right and the vtec doesn't kick in. So I want to make a clean car with no problems and didn't want to mess with that rats nest of wiring. I found a 94 coupe for $550 that was clean as hell with a blown motor I couldn't pass up. Came with the bumper and headlights too.

I'm mid process now of doing the swap. I'll get more pictures of everything tomorrow.
By coupevti
#256182 looks good get some action shots !!!
By Punksz6
#256200 Don't forget to post pics of your progress if u can and Join the "Coupe Crew" if you want. :thumb:
By sega2010
#256230 Well for now I'm gonna put the si's on it once it's done. My buddy is powder coating them white for me in his class. Other than that I'm just gonna focus on making it runnable for now. After that's all done I'm gonna be about broke until I sell the ek. Then I'll start thinking about what I want to do to. Have updates from today in a little bit. :D
By sega2010
#256237 So I woke up a little early today to get moving on it. I had already got the blown motor and trans out so I started the day by cleaning the bay up real good.

Dirty:

Clean:

Took me a while to clean it but it's definitely worth it to see a clean bay. After that I got started on removing the zc from the ek.

Ready to be swapped out:

About where I am now:

It may seem like I'm moving a little slow but this is my first swap and I've done just about everything on my own. Plus its not the best place to do it either. I'm loving it though cause I'm learning a lot about the cars. More to come tomorrow. Have it ready to drop then hopefully get it all mounted in the eg.
By jayEGR
#256373 never use briks for jack stands but the pretty creative maybe unsafe but as long the job is done ,this is going to start lookin good :thumb:
By sega2010
#256385 Oh i know that but it came down to what we have to use. We put a couple of shims of wood between the car and the bricks to give it a little cushion. Did a lot more work today but didn't get enough pictures. Got the motor out though, got everything on it and got it in the eg. Next is all the wiring and hooking everything else up properly.

Here's the motor out:

Empty ek bay:

Will get more pictures tomorrow night and should have a little more work done tomorrow night too.
By sega2010
#256517 Well here's my picture of the motor in the car. Worked a little more tonight on it but running into a few problems. In my picture of my clean engine bay back where the battery is mounted at, what is supposed to be there where that silver thing is on the firewall? There is abs in this car. Just doesn't make sense cause the battery is right in the way of whatever could go there. You can see the spot in my next picture too. Other than that though everything is going pretty smoothly.

By sega2010
#256692 Thanks man. Got more progress tonight but no pictures. Everything is all hooked up and ready to go. Just need to fill the fluid and get my axle's and wheels back on and we'll see if she starts. Should happen tomorrow.
By 1ACarlos
#256739 Nice build.
By sega2010
#256868 Thanks. Well earlier today I had it running. Now she wont start... No spark.. I checked everything over and have narrowed it down to the hall affects sensor in the dizzy.. Got to get a whole new one now.. Hopefully rollin down the road tomorrow..
By dbrooks
#256923 legit work! :thumb:
By sega2010
#257178 I went and bought a new dizzy yesterday. Threw it on checked for spark before I tried to turn the car on. Had it thought my problem was solved... Hooked the wires up, still wont start... Checked for spark again.. Nothin. Something weird is going on and I can't figure out what. Could it be possible somehow the ecu is messed up and isn't putting the signal to it it should? I really can't figure out what's going on. Help would be great guys. I'm back home for the weekend and the car is down at college so I wont start again til tuesday.